• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huge game this week: Rams @ Seahawks

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, as this young season goes, this is our biggest game yet. Our main division rival coming to town with both teams at 3-1? This is going to be fun.

I actually like the fact that this game is happening on a short week for both teams. I think that has to favor the home team which happens to be the Hawks. Gurley is apparently still banged up and coming off his lowest amount of carries in a game ever (5 carries) and he says he hates playing Thursdays, so that bodes well for us as well.

Our secondary still is a major concern to me, and I think the main guy they need to focus on shutting down is Cooper Dough Kupp this week. Yes, that's really his middle name. Cooks and Woods are really dangerous as well, but I worry most about Kupp.

Jarod Goff has not been very impressive this year either so that is encouraging. He's thrown as many picks (6) as he has TD's. So as long as Wilson out duels him and has yet another great game I think we have a pretty decent shot at knocking off these guys off and taking the division lead.

Bonus stat for us: The Hawks are 14-2 in primetime night games in the Russel Wilson era.

Last edited:

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far as this young season goes this is our biggest game yet. Our main division rival coming to town with both teams at 3-1? This is going to be fun.

I actually like the fact that this game is happening on a short week for both teams. I think that has to favor the home team which happens to be the Hawks. Gurley is apparently still banged up and coming off his lowest amount of carries in a game ever (5 carries) and he says he hates playing Thursdays, so that bodes well for us as well.

Our secondary still is a major concern to me, and I think the main guy they need to focus on shutting down is Cooper Dough Kupp this week. Yes, that's really his middle name. Cooks and Woods are really dangerous as well, but I worry most about Kupp.

Jarod Goff has not been very impressive this year either so that is encouraging. He's thrown as many picks (6) as he has TD's. So as long as Wilson out duels him and has yet another great game I think we have a pretty decent shot at knocking off these guys off and taking the division lead.

Bonus stat for us: The Hawks are 14-2 in primetime night games in the Russel Wilson era.
I expect fireworks. Should be a fun one.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game will start and end with the D-Line performance from both sides.

The Rams D overall is not good (they weren't good in 2018 either), but their front 4 is still solid and can generate pressure/stop the run thanks to Donald/Brockers/Fowler. I don't expect Carson to have quite the success had against the pedestrian Cardinals run defense, but hopefully Penny returns and gives a one two punch. Wilson IF given time should be able to throw all over the Rams defense. Their safeties are terrible which should allow Lockett/Metcalf deep opportunities and Dissly should perform well. Wilson is FAR better under pressure than Goff, but can only do so much.

As for Seattle's D-Line, we have capability to put pressure on with Ansah/Clowney, but whether we can is a different story. We racked up 4 sacks against Arizona but Arizona's offensive line sucks and can't block anyone pass rush wise (hence why Murray has the most short throws of any QB, I believe). That said, if Goff is given time, he WILL connect with Kupp/Cooks/Woods, etc. Goff is a TERRIBLE QB when under pressure, but given time he does make the throws and reads, so Seattle HAS to get some form of consistent pressure. If they do, the Rams offense will not be able to move the sticks as easily. Seattle's rush D-Line is fine thanks to Collier/Woods, and should be able to stop what seems like a 75% 'as effective from years prior' Gurley.

Whatever line performs better IMO, wins this game... of course barring turnovers, special teams play, missed field goals, and other factors.

I like Seattle in this game. The Rams' O-Line is NOT the same as last year. Whitworth is showing age, and they lost two starters in the offseason I believe. Gurley also seems to be on the fast track downhill. Course knock on wood, this will be his breakout game, but I doubt it (Seattle's D-Line has been solid against the run with Al Woods).

If neither team can get pressure, this will probably be a shootout.. because both secondaries suck.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Donald has abused our O line in recent years, living in the backfield, I'm hoping we come out with some quick passes and screens to slow that down. I don't see anyone running over his side much, so the passing game will have to click, as evidenced by Tampa dropping 55 on the Rams.

I agree that Kupp in the intermediate is the biggest concern, but Cooks and Woods are legit deep threats. Gotta get through to Goff.

I can see LA being fired up after being slapped around by a bad Tampa team, but the Hawks always play up for primetime.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I suspect the game will be close and in this case I'll give a slight short week edge to the Rams.

Mainly because when a defense gets blown out like that they tend to be fired up to get out there and prove themselves so I think they'll be extra motivated to perform.

But tough game to call because both teams have match up issues against each other.

Seattle's offensive line vs Rams defensive line clearly favors the Rams which could make running the ball tough and Wilson seeing more pressure than he would like.

But I'm not a fan of Goff vs Seattle's D if Gurley is a non factor. Because what a lot of people don't realize is McVay's offense is like Shanahan's and it only fires on all cylinders when the run game is a factor because it sets up all the things they want to do on offense. So while Goff hasn't played good and I'm not a Goff fan I will say he's getting a bit of an unfair rap because the offense itself isn't running the way it's intended without a strong running game.

I think I like Seattle a little better in this one because Seattle's run defense has been strong and if the Rams can't get the running game going I don't like their chances in this one.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect the game will be close and in this case I'll give a slight short week edge to the Rams.

I think I like Seattle a little better in this one because Seattle's run defense has been strong and if the Rams can't get the running game going I don't like their chances in this one.

:scratch:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
win or lose if Seattle can be 4-2 after 6 games they are a game better than i expected ( 3-3 )! Still the back end is trash and they tend to make back-up QB's look like probowlers like i said before the season started. If they win this game in a low scoring type battle 21-17 17-14 i will be shocked because of the fire power the Rams "Can" put on the field. It would make me feel great inside don't get me wrong if they could hold the Rams below 20 points i just don't know if there is enough talent on the backend and we still are not 100% on the front end of this defense
( Soon people we get Reed back! :yes:)

Hawks have played like shit both games at home this year and we have been hearing boo birds each game because of their play ( or lack there of lol ). I think it's time they give the best fans in the NFL ( not even close so go away trolls :P ) something to really cheer about. These guys know they have played 2 stinkers in front of their home fans and need to give us something to cheer about. Have some pride for the fans Seahawks and PLAY GREAT FOR US AT HOME FOR ONCE THIS SEASON!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad I should clarify.

I think the short week benefits the Rams a little more but I still Seattle to win.

so if the Hawks lost their Last game and the Rams won would you flipped that?

to me the short week benefits only the fans getting to see their team play sooner. No matter what Thursday night games suck for any NFL team after playing on Sunday Win or lose.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short week generally favors the home team so glad it's the hawks. Goff looks lost so Seattle hopefully gets back there and rattles him into a couple of turnovers. RW has been playing at a much higher level which favors the Hawks and they hopefully get the W. Yes the Rams have some motivation after being slapped around last week but the Hawks should also have added motivation from being swept last season.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a good game. The Rams have been the better team over the last few seasons, but they don't seem to be quite the same. The Hawks haven't yet proven whether they are or aren't better than the 2018 version that won 10 games, but this game may go a long way to hashing that out at least in the immediate reactions that we always get after every week.

Gurley with 5 carries last week...sure seems like he is not the player he used to be. Will be interesting to see if they feature him more in this game (on 3 days rest) or if it's more of the same limited use. He's had some really big days against us in the past.

Have to find a way to slow down Donald a little bit. Doing the normal manhandle thing on our interior OL would be a problem.

Getting in Goff's face will be key. We have seen how hits and hurries knock him off his game. If you can make him move his feet, you have the advantage. If he is able to sit in the pocket and hit the underneath routes, then they get rolling. Our DE tandem got going a little bit vs AZ, and I think we probably would have had at least 6 sacks if it was against any other QB than maybe the fastest one out there right now.

I don't think we need to change the way we play on offense to win this game. We'll have the ball about the same # of times as the Rams. It will come down to who is more effective when they have the ball, and it doesn't really matter on the whole if our scoring drives take longer than theirs.

Hoping that incredible prime time record under PC holds tomorrow!

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
so if the Hawks lost their Last game and the Rams won would you flipped that?

to me the short week benefits only the fans getting to see their team play sooner. No matter what Thursday night games suck for any NFL team after playing on Sunday Win or lose.

If both teams won or the Seahawks lost I would've given that edge to the Seahawks since they are the home team. But defenses are prideful groups and to get torched like that should have the Rams defense fired up to get out there prove people wrong.

I just still like the Hawks a little better anyways because I don't have confidence in the Rams getting their running game going and I think if they are going to win Gurley is going to have to be a factor.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still mad that we lost a home game to the saints with a back up QB but it is what it is this is a huge game I see us down the line come time for playoff seeding that W/L vs the rams will be a huge difference maker. I believe we were 2 games behind the rams for home field playoff advantage and we lost both games to the rams last season.

A win here and a 49ers loss would be a great weekend

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
26-5-1 in prime time with PC as the coach. 17-2 in prime time at home. 8-1 on Thursday. Undefeated in action green.

Hawks 31, Rams 27.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the Thank you Paul cheer is going to be LOUD tonight, everyone make sure to join in!

THANK YOU PAUL ALLEN!

rest in peace

Hawks better put on a a hell of a show for Paul Allen who will have the best seat in the house for this one. God bless the Allen family!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game will start and end with the D-Line performance from both sides.

The Rams D overall is not good (they weren't good in 2018 either), but their front 4 is still solid and can generate pressure/stop the run thanks to Donald/Brockers/Fowler. I don't expect Carson to have quite the success had against the pedestrian Cardinals run defense, but hopefully Penny returns and gives a one two punch. Wilson IF given time should be able to throw all over the Rams defense. Their safeties are terrible which should allow Lockett/Metcalf deep opportunities and Dissly should perform well. Wilson is FAR better under pressure than Goff, but can only do so much.

As for Seattle's D-Line, we have capability to put pressure on with Ansah/Clowney, but whether we can is a different story. We racked up 4 sacks against Arizona but Arizona's offensive line sucks and can't block anyone pass rush wise (hence why Murray has the most short throws of any QB, I believe). That said, if Goff is given time, he WILL connect with Kupp/Cooks/Woods, etc. Goff is a TERRIBLE QB when under pressure, but given time he does make the throws and reads, so Seattle HAS to get some form of consistent pressure. If they do, the Rams offense will not be able to move the sticks as easily. Seattle's rush D-Line is fine thanks to Collier/Woods, and should be able to stop what seems like a 75% 'as effective from years prior' Gurley.

Whatever line performs better IMO, wins this game... of course barring turnovers, special teams play, missed field goals, and other factors.

I like Seattle in this game. The Rams' O-Line is NOT the same as last year. Whitworth is showing age, and they lost two starters in the offseason I believe. Gurley also seems to be on the fast track downhill. Course knock on wood, this will be his breakout game, but I doubt it (Seattle's D-Line has been solid against the run with Al Woods).

If neither team can get pressure, this will probably be a shootout.. because both secondaries suck.

Good write up. I'd be more willing to bet on the Rams getting pressure than the Seahawks. I have nightmares of Aaron Donald ripping Russell Wilson's head off.

I could see both teams struggling to run the football. The Rams like running outside the tackles and with the Seahawks loving their 4-3 defense I don't think they'll have much success. Clowney is a great run defender and the Seahawks linebackers have ridiculous athleticism.

I hope you're wrong regarding whose line plays better. I think the Rams will absolutely dominate the Seahawks offense at the line of scrimmage and I don't think the Seahawks defensive line will have the same success.

The key for the Seahawks IMO is getting the ball out of Russell Wilson's hands quickly like they did against the Steelers. Could come down to whoever calls the better plays.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks 27
Rams 24

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ the game and it was a wonderful tribute inducting Paul Allen into the ROH. Needed to dry my eyes out during my pre kickoff beer run.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked like a turnover guys