• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hue Jackson returning

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's believed Jackson arrives at Paul Brown Stadium Tuesday morning to be bestowed a title similar to special assistant. Jackson's role is apparently going to focus on helping Lewis assimilate his head-coaching duties with managing and calling the defense.

Bengals Mobile: Report: Hue Returns To Bengals Coaching Staff
Report: Hue Returns To Bengals Coaching Staff

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Lazor out you think?

Hue didn't exactly mesh well with O.C. at his last job.

No.... Hue won't have much to do with the offense. He's likely there to help Marvin with game operations given that Marvin is going to coach the D.

As for Hue's interference with the offense.... I don't think it will be an issue. He worked on Marvin's staff when Jay Gruden was around and though he had years of offensive experience, he spent his time with the DBs.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are inching closer to Hue taking over the Bengals.... Marvin's only real concern is for his son to continue to have a position in the league. Hue will let that happen. If it is true that Marvin was willing to step aside for Hue several years ago, I can't imagine much has changed. If this little adventure in coordinating the D blows up in Marvin's face, I can see him stepping aside.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are inching closer to Hue taking over the Bengals.... Marvin's only real concern is for his son to continue to have a position in the league. Hue will let that happen. If it is true that Marvin was willing to step aside for Hue several years ago, I can't imagine much has changed. If this little adventure in coordinating the D blows up in Marvin's face, I can see him stepping aside.
if hue becomes your coach i will LOL

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if hue becomes your coach i will LOL

I mean, haven't the Bengals providing you material to LOL about for as long as LOL was a thing? You know its happening - Its just a matter of time.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never saw that!!! I remember reading a few years ago that Marvin wanted his son to get a foothold in the league before he hung it up. At this point, I'm not sure what is motivating Lewis.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
proxy.php

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. This franchise is having a breakdown of epic proportions right before our eyes.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Marvin having a stroke? Early Alzheimer's maybe? Someone please admitt him.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hue is basically the head coach now, lol.

that's funny.

go Hue!

Superbowl victory imminent, order the motha fuggin rings bitches!!!

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I am shocked and happy as well.

Austin needed fired, and how often do teams that are 5-4 fire their coordinator? At least the Bengals are being proactive and not just sitting on their laurels and pointing at the record. This has needed to happen for a long time, Marvin calling plays. He was one of the best in the league, and I bet after 17 years, it is going to be a little rough for him out of the gate.

Man to man and bump and run at the LOS would give our DL a chance to actually pressure the QB, because right now, 3rd and 3 and Kirkpatrick is playing 10 yards off his man, then a quick 3 yard slant, turns into a first down and sometimes if they have the right pick play in place 30 yards.

Hue helping manage the clock and personnel while Marvin focuses on the defense in game is a great idea. Now Marvin will be running the show during the week, but I think this made a lot of sense.

Bengals actually mixing things up. Great news, even if the results have yet to be seen.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crash, I don't want to rain on your parade..... But..... How is hiring a guy with a 9-45 head coaching record to run game day operations a good thing? Please explain? I'm not trying to hate on Hue. The guy is an amazing position coach. He developed tons of WRs while here, Flacco played better under him than just about anyone else, etc. But I'm not sure he's any better at managing a game than Marvin. Did you see how many close games Cleveland dropped over the last two years?

As for Marvin - I'm curious. I'm glad to see him finally put his money where his mouth is. He's staked his entire career on being a defensive guru - Now it's time to show it's true.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not raining on my parade, as I know what you are saying is true. However, I think Cleveland was actually in the process of turning things around this year, and management didn't want Hue because he was not their hire, so before they start reeling off some wins with an improving rookie QB, they had to get rid of him while they had an excuse (his overall record to that point). Lot of close games lost, you are right, however, Hue called offense, and usually it was lost on defense in closing minutes. Or if it was lost on a game winning drive, it was a QB making a mental mistake. At some point, I think you need to make the players responsible.

We will see how it goes. I can't see this as a bad thing, because how much worse can it get? It isn't like Marvin was an excellent game manager. Maybe Hue not being any worse than Marvin, and Marvin actually able to return this defense to a crew to be reckoned with, maybe it will change our fortune a bit. Who knows at this point?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crash, I don't want to rain on your parade..... But..... How is hiring a guy with a 9-45 head coaching record to run game day operations a good thing? Please explain? I'm not trying to hate on Hue. The guy is an amazing position coach. He developed tons of WRs while here, Flacco played better under him than just about anyone else, etc. But I'm not sure he's any better at managing a game than Marvin. Did you see how many close games Cleveland dropped over the last two years?

As for Marvin - I'm curious. I'm glad to see him finally put his money where his mouth is. He's staked his entire career on being a defensive guru - Now it's time to show it's true.

I would just point to the fact that many a good/great coordinator failed as a H.C.

Plus, who was winning in Cleveland over the past X amount of years? Ownership meddling and dysfunction was never going to allow that team to prosper.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you guys.... Hue did get a raw deal in Cleveland. Nobody was winning with the roster he had the first two years. And it isn't necessarily his fault that he lost a game that his kicker missed 4 field goals..... BTW - Can you believe his Browns basically had the Saints beat in NO this season? That's crazy.

Anyway, I'm just skeptical of Hue as a HC. He always seems ready to throw someone under a bus.... As bad a game manager Marvin is, he always comes off as professional and most of his former players really respect him. I'm not sure that will be the same with Hue.