• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Howard

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what impressed you most about this guy.

My List:

Ability to move the pocket, he kept a lot of plays a live and besides the big hit on him by a pathetic attempt to pass block they could not touch him. Couple of plays I wish he would have decided to run.

Getting the ball to multiple receivers....lets face it Trickett keyed in on White all season, when DC's figured this out our offense looked bad, but Trickett never adjusted....Howard hit White, Shorts, Alford and used the backs very well.

Arm strength...had a lot of zip on the ball and put it into some tight windows.

Command of the offense....didn't seem to miss a beat, looked like the team responded to him and the energy level rose.

They always say the back up QB is the most popular guy on the team, I hope he gets to start next week and we can see what he can do. First opportunity was A+ IMO.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked how he delivered the ball… seems he saw the field well… hitting the open receiver instead of waiting for just one to get open… Clint looking for White as an example. By not waiting in the pocket… by seeing the field… he did not face a collapsed pocket as frequent.

He seemed more accurate throwing on the run. One of Clint's weaknesses, he is very inaccurate when he cannot step into his throw.

I enjoyed watching Skylar make plays with his feet. I think it provides a defense a real problem. Just as running QB's force our defense to keep a spy to protect, opponents would be wise to do the same. This takes one defender out of the mix, and can open the middle of the field… which Skylar is not afraid to throw to. Clint would not make those throws… maybe his arm strength wouldn't allow him to?

I felt Skylar should have taken off more last night instead of dumping the ball to his RB's. He had plenty of open field… could have made some big runs as a result…. like the PW days.

Not sure how well he picked up blitz packages. Slaton thought he was only given 1 play, and not permitted to audible. Who knows… but, it was a problem last night. KSU ain't even a blitzing team, but they knew they had an inexperienced kid back there… so they went for it…. with success.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how well he picked up blitz packages. Slaton thought he was only given 1 play, and not permitted to audible. Who knows… but, it was a problem last night. KSU ain't even a blitzing team, but they knew they had an inexperienced kid back there… so they went for it…. with success.

They blitzed just as much when Trickett was in the game, and to be honest I am not sure how you are measuring their success with it against Howard...he was only touched one time and I am not even sure that one was a blitz(it may have been)

One thing I kept scratching my head about is when they brought the CB blitz, why could we not get it to that receiver? I realize they would pull the CB off and blitz with the safety as well, but I am not sure we threw a hot route at any point during that game.

one thing for sure IMO we were the better team, take Waters out of their lineup and I guarantee they do not move the ball as well as we did.....we just keep shooting ourselves in the foot.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They blitzed just as much when Trickett was in the game, and to be honest I am not sure how you are measuring their success with it against Howard...he was only touched one time and I am not even sure that one was a blitz(it may have been)

One thing I kept scratching my head about is when they brought the CB blitz, why could we not get it to that receiver? I realize they would pull the CB off and blitz with the safety as well, but I am not sure we threw a hot route at any point during that game.

one thing for sure IMO we were the better team, take Waters out of their lineup and I guarantee they do not move the ball as well as we did.....we just keep shooting ourselves in the foot.
:agree: three games in a row, I felt we were the more talented team, but blundered and fumbled the game away. From what I saw today, Howard should maybe have been in there at least part time the last two weeks, trickery has been ineffective.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO, the better team won the game last night. As well as the TCU game. Good teams do not make the kinds of mistakes WVU has made in their last 3 games.

They just don't…

WVU is close… but, they ain't there yet…

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ...I'm bummed...hate seeing this slide at the end of the year...seems like two years ago we beat Baylor......

Was texting back and forth with BBW watching Trickett get the ball out of his hands is like watching a movie in super slow motion....it's painful to watch.....he seems like he needs to take a running start to throw the ball...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the better team won the game last night. As well as the TCU game. Good teams do not make the kinds of mistakes WVU has made in their last 3 games.

They just don't…

WVU is close… but, they ain't there yet…

Good point.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am considering even with all these mistakes teams are surviving us not beating us down.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am considering even with all these mistakes teams are surviving us not beating us down.

I totally agree with this. Outside of the Texas beatdown, I believe WVU was in position to win but, made too many mistakes to earn the win in every game of the season.

During the first part of the season, WVU fans saw major improvement. Many of us thought this season could be something special despite the early losses to Bama and OU.

The very fact that Dana had this team on the cusp, is why I still feel he is doing a damn good job. Yes… I am frustrated in the losses. Yes… I have trouble with some of the game time decisions. But, that is no different than any other coach who has strolled the WVU sidelines since I've been following them.

We are more disappointed in these losses because we know the team lost the game due to mistakes. Not due to getting dominated. This team was prepared to win each and every game of the season… again with the exception of the Texas game.

Just the fact that WVU has turned this program around in one year, to a point where we are disappointed in losses to the #1, #5 and #12 teams in the country speaks volumes for the job Dana has done with this team.

Vegas had the over/under at 4.5 games in August…

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:
I totally agree with this. Outside of the Texas beatdown, I believe WVU was in position to win but, made too many mistakes to earn the win in every game of the season.

During the first part of the season, WVU fans saw major improvement. Many of us thought this season could be something special despite the early losses to Bama and OU.

The very fact that Dana had this team on the cusp, is why I still feel he is doing a damn good job. Yes… I am frustrated in the losses. Yes… I have trouble with some of the game time decisions. But, that is no different than any other coach who has strolled the WVU sidelines since I've been following them.

We are more disappointed in these losses because we know the team lost the game due to mistakes. Not due to getting dominated. This team was prepared to win each and every game of the season… again with the exception of the Texas game.

Just the fact that WVU has turned this program around in one year, to a point where we are disappointed in losses to the #1, #5 and #12 teams in the country speaks volumes for the job Dana has done with this team.

Vegas had the over/under at 4.5 games in August…
:agree:

Losses when you outplay your opponent are the hardest to take. Dana has taken this team to a point where we do have athletes who can compete. What he has been lacking is the discipline and attention to detail that KSU plays with. If our game was as good as Snyder said was sloppy (2 TOs, 10 penalties) we would have won easily.
We have a good coaching staff (-Defo) good recruits coming in so Dana should have the tools he needs. We need to take that next step and beat some more of those. #1#5 and #12 teams. Having 4 losses that you should have won is nothing to brag about.