• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How would you prefer college eligibility to be handled?

How would you prefer college eligibility to be handled?

• One and done (1 year in college, or kill the year another way...)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer it to be handled in a lottery per say

Think a spin the bottle type approach, where they all gather around spin the bottle and inside their fortune which is tucked inside a fortune cookie that they will open. In it it says go straight to the nba, 2 years of college, 3 years, you will find luck tonight, 1 1/2 years etc...(The back will have the winning lottery numbers)

This will be televised for entertainment purposes with a half time show from lil wayne and meek mill...Dj Khald will produce it...How does that sound? Thoughts...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer it to be handled in a lottery per say

Think a spin the bottle type approach, where they all gather around spin the bottle and inside their fortune which is tucked inside a fortune cookie that they will open. In it it says go straight to the nba, 2 years of college, 3 years, you will find luck tonight, 1 1/2 years etc...(The back will have the winning lottery numbers)

This will be televised for entertainment purposes with a half time show from lil wayne and meek mill...Dj Khald will produce it...How does that sound? Thoughts...

This might be the most intelligent thing you have ever posted.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ and Gerald made more in their careers than their non basketball playing friends will see their whole lives

Just imagine how good they could have been with two extra years of seasoning before entering the league.

Of course, the bronsexuals will make this an issue of race, but the reality is that it's about protecting careers. We want our basketball players to have long and lengthy careers, not guys who flame out in their late twenties.

We currently have six HS draftees still in the league. Six. That's it. And of those guys, only maybe LeBron and Lou Williams have reached their truest potential. @CitySushi I'm calling you out on this one...

Of course, LeBron is the elephant in the room here just as he is everywhere else. the frontrunning fan assumes that since LeBron came in out of HS that anyone can. Hate to break it to ya'll, but the dude is a physical freak of nature and probably on steroids.

Any wild speculation aside, a HS draftee is actually, literally at this point, 100 percent more likely to be the next CJ or Gerald than he is to be the next LeBron James.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just imagine how good they could have been with two extra years of seasoning before entering the league.

Of course, the bronsexuals will make this an issue of race, but the reality is that it's about protecting careers. We want our basketball players to have long and lengthy careers, not guys who flame out in their late twenties.

We currently have six HS draftees still in the league. Six. That's it. And of those guys, only maybe LeBron and Lou Williams have reached their truest potential. @CitySushi I'm calling you out on this one...

Of course, LeBron is the elephant in the room here just as he is everywhere else. the frontrunning fan assumes that since LeBron came in out of HS that anyone can. Hate to break it to ya'll, but the dude is a physical freak of nature and probably on steroids.

Any wild speculation aside, a HS draftee is actually, literally at this point, 100 percent more likely to be the next CJ or Gerald than he is to be the next LeBron James.

Seeing as it’s 2019 and the last year eligible for a HS draftee was 2005, kind of makes sense no? That means those 6 players have over 14 years in the league going on 15. That’s actually an argument in my favor.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HurricaneDij39

From the years I used 2001-2005, how many non-HS players are still in the NBA?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It might have helped, it might not have. Depends on where they went to school, who their coach was and a number of other factors.

While that extra seasoning helps a lot of guys, it is naive to think they would have been significantly better had they gone to college. They surely would have been more NBA ready at the onset of their careers, but 10+ years of NBA basketball and year round training has surely helped them reach their potential.

Were either CJ Miles or Gerald Green going to become more athletic by attending college? The clear answer is no. They were almost surely destined for careers as NBA role players no matter what.

Now for the never was guys, you have a point. But even for them, it is highly possible they never get drafted if they fail to live up to the hype in college.

CJ and Gerald made it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First off, wtf does race have to do with it? That's just incredibly stupid on your part. But then, I guess you had to try to come up with some way to criticize Lebron.

Second of all, the point that you attempted to call @CitySushi out on actually works against whatever point you thought you had.

And finally, Lebron is a generational type player. He's in the company of guys like Magic, MJ, Bird, Kareem, etc. So pretty much any player, high school, college or someone from overseas is far more likely to be like Green or CJ than they are Lebron.

Last edited:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is less than 6.

Chris Paul, Marvin Williams, Vince Carter, Kyle Korver, Andre Iguodala, Joe Johnson, Trevor Ariza.

That's seven right there and might be missing some, so fuck off.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
prep to pros. It will make college basketball better.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think players should have a choice. They can elect to give up all eligibility and go straight to the NBA from HS, or they have to wait 3 years to become draft eligible (either college or foreign-pro).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Paul, Marvin Williams, Vince Carter, Kyle Korver, Andre Iguodala, Joe Johnson, Trevor Ariza.

That's seven right there and might be missing some, so fuck off.

Why the hostility?

You realize that like 85% of the American born players from that time period went to college right?

And yeah, there are probably more than 7.

But you are missing the point as usual.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might have helped, it might not have. Depends on where they went to school, who their coach was and a number of other factors.

While that extra seasoning helps a lot of guys, it is naive to think they would have been significantly better had they gone to college. They surely would have been more NBA ready at the onset of their careers, but 10+ years of NBA basketball and year round training has surely helped them reach their potential.

Were either CJ Miles or Gerald Green going to become more athletic by attending college? The clear answer is no. They were almost surely destined for careers as NBA role players no matter what.

Now for the never was guys, you have a point. But even for them, it is highly possible they never get drafted if they fail to live up to the hype in college.

CJ and Gerald made it.

I generally agree that players become who they will become. Yes, some guys fall of the track, Steven Jackson comes to mind, but they can back on and reach their potential.

However, it's better for the NBA in the sense that you know more of what you are drafting and have a much better read on that potential.

That two to three years in college gives you a much better picture of what you've got.

I think it would add a lot to the draft and it would make building teams through the draft realistic again.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think players should have a choice. They can elect to give up all eligibility and go straight to the NBA from HS, or they have to wait 3 years to become draft eligible (either college or foreign-pro).

The more I think about this ... the more I like it.

That's really the way baseball does it? I wonder why. It's not like anybody follows college baseball.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You spelled insanity wrong.
Why the hostility?

You realize that like 85% of the American born players from that time period went to college right?

And yeah, there are probably more than 7.

But you are missing the point as usual.

The fact that @CitySushi tried to manipulate a question to get an answer he wanted to hear, yet still came up on the losing end, should be rather telling.

There are more collegiate draftees still in the league from that era than HS ones, and the HS ones are YOUNGER and not even on the cusp of pushing 40.