• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How to tenderize Steak or redmeat

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you guys tenderize your steak or beef cuts. I have a tomahawk steak in the freezer and I want to make sure I do this right. I have seen weird things like cutting up papaya in a bag with the meat over night or using a mallet and hitting it over until its soft.

What are some tricks to making a good steak or beef chunks for stew tender?

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you do things you know will hurt me?
Depending on how much you have, it could be required.
Edit. I forgot how to spell necessary for a minute and swapped to require:doh:. The fuck?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you guys tenderize your steak or beef cuts. I have a tomahawk steak in the freezer and I want to make sure I do this right. I have seen weird things like cutting up papaya in a bag with the meat over night or using a mallet and hitting it over until its soft.

pineapple juice works well if you like Hawaiian style. If you have a True Tomahawk that’s a ribeye and it should not need tenderizing.
On the beef chunks you can pound them with a meat mallet the one that has the little spikes on the mallet like you said.

now tougher cuts like round I use a knife and pierce many holes and Then use a mallet and marinate for a couple days.

the best way is slow cooking and turning tough meat like brisket into some of the best tasting and eating you can get it takes lots of time and patience.

good luck and enjoy the fruits of your labor

Wunder.Noid

All your trophies are belong to Bama
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My teeth. (After grilled to medium rare of course)

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to buy a Sous Vide, and set it at 130 for 3 hours. It will be the juiciest buttery steak you have ever had. Season with a little salt, pepper, and garlic before you put it in the bag, and again before you sear it for 30 seconds per side

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wipe them down with a little white vinegar. Just enough to get both sides moist. Then let it sit for about 30 minute, apply salt, pepper etc, grill 7 minutes on each side.