• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How the teams ranked with UDFA signings

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rankings: UDFA class rankings - Fantasy Columns

Of course ranking how teams fared with their UDFA signings is as useless as ranking draft picks, so to say the Bears are shown here as 8th best with their UDFAs is fairly meaningless. But I thought it was worth discussing two aspects of this article.

One aspect I found interesting is that Emmanuel Hall was the 2nd highest pre-draft ranked player in the bunch at #105. Only the Bengals signing of Nebraska WR Stanley Morgan, whose pre-draft ranking was 95, came in lower.

Which leads to aspect #2. It seems Hall would have been a sure draftee except for "personality issues". I keep reading this on just about every site that talks about him, but what I don't ever read tho is what exactly those issues are. Does he skip practices? Has there been any type of school violations? Is he a troublemaker/general malcontent? Has anyone found out more specifically why he fell out of the draft? It sure would be interesting to know.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm most curious about Alex Bars. Dude seems to have some real potential at a position of need for us as a backup.

I'm less excited about Hall. Sounds like he's got some potential but who are we going to displace for him? Robinson, Gabriel, Miller, Wims and Patterson's spots are locked down while we also drafted Ridley. Best case scenario is that he's good enough to keep around on the practice squad as a guy you like but not too good to get picked up by another team entirely.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm most curious about Alex Bars. Dude seems to have some real potential at a position of need for us as a backup.

I'm less excited about Hall. Sounds like he's got some potential but who are we going to displace for him? Robinson, Gabriel, Miller, Wims and Patterson's spots are locked down while we also drafted Ridley. Best case scenario is that he's good enough to keep around on the practice squad as a guy you like but not too good to get picked up by another team entirely.

I'm most excited about Hall. Gabriel will be the odd man out. I don't understand this love affair with Gabriel. I don't think he's that good AT ALL.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm most excited about Hall. Gabriel will be the odd man out. I don't understand this love affair with Gabriel. I don't think he's that good AT ALL.

He made so many big catches last year. Clutch, diving grabs. I expected him to suck, going into the season, and was more than pleasantly surprised by his production.

You're are the worst Bears fan ever.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of it is his hit on the salary cap if he was let go. Not sure what that number is, but I think it's fairly high. I read somewhere tho that after this season is over, the hit goes down to about 2 mil. So while I suppose we can't rule anything out, I think Gabrielo sticks around for one more season.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could replace Gabriel then that's cool. I don't think he's a long-term or key piece anyway. However, he was a bigger part of the offense last year than i expected so i don't think the coaching staff is itching to replace him.