• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How the 1995 Mariners Saved Baseball in Seattle

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Airs Sunday night at 7PM PST on the MLB network.

Got a tweet about it and they had a cut from the program, sounds pretty cool they have conversations with Cora, Griffey and Edgar about the double down the line .

The bonus always hearing the call of the double from Niehaus ( god I miss that man)

Its cool MLB is running the only true great history this club has really ever had

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Got a tweet about it and they had a cut from the program, sounds pretty cool they have conversations with Cora, Griffey and Edgar about the double down the line .

The bonus always hearing the call of the double from Niehaus ( god I miss that man)

Its cool MLB is running the only true great history this club has really ever had

Thanks for the reminder. I knew it was coming on but forgot the date and time. Should be fun to relive.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't have MLB Network but I'll definitely try to find a way to watch it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pussy or not, that teared me up. I don’t like how the Mariners always go back to 95 to sell tickets, but those 40 plus days in 95 are the best time this town have ever seen. It was like the Seahawks Super Bowl parade except every day from August until October

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pussy or not, that teared me up. I don’t like how the Mariners always go back to 95 to sell tickets, but those 40 plus days in 95 are the best time this town have ever seen. It was like the Seahawks Super Bowl parade except every day from August until October

Yep, I'm a pussy too cuz it teared my up too. The best of the best was brought out in Seattle. I miss those feelings and I miss god old Dave announcing the grand salami calls :yes:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I'm a pussy too cuz it teared my up too. The best of the best was brought out in Seattle. I miss those feelings and I miss god old Dave announcing the grand salami calls :yes:

His calls were what got me besides the Sojo inside the park grand slam. My wife no my kids ever heard Dave’s calls so they don’t get it. Dave was and always will be something special to this area and a shame the rest of the country doesn’t put him with the likes of Scully and Cosell.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep that was a serious cry moment and gawd damn that was two of the best months of my life!

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a pretty dope show they put together

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really did take you back to one of the greatest moments here in the PNW.... ( I know Hawks fans your team has given you some great ones)

The month of September I remember skipping out of work early to get to the Dome, ( hell even skipping the day of work for day games) just the constant build up of that run was one of the best in sports history...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen this yet, but I just realized that I never got the chance to see/hear Dave call any of the home games that playoffs because I was at the games. The only call I heard in playback was the double. I can't wait to see it.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sucks for me because I was too young to remember it personally. Despite that, as a Mariners fan even I romanticize it.

Freshman year in high school I wrote a paper on who our hero was and I wrote about Dave Niehaus and attributed his call to saving baseball in Seattle - I know it's not a great argument, but I was 14 so whatever.

I didn't hear it live but it still gives me goosebumps every time I hear that call and I know many of us can still recall it word-for-word.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Musburgers call as well “and Griffey is coming around”

Deep down I think he wanted to see the Ms take the Yanks down as well!

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I really enjoyed it. We make fun about reliving 1995 all the time because thats really all this franchise had but it was well put together. I used to have that VHS tape of the 1995 highlight season at my parents and i think they used alot of similar clips. I always forget about how the vote for a stadium coincided with the teams making a September run.

I think seeing how crazy the Kingdome got at that time and how it pretty much made this a baseball town for 10 years makes you realize how different it is now. Some of that is just baseball in general but I think this town is just dying to see a winner again and whenever it happens the stadium will reflect that.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I really enjoyed it. We make fun about reliving 1995 all the time because thats really all this franchise had but it was well put together. I used to have that VHS tape of the 1995 highlight season at my parents and i think they used alot of similar clips. I always forget about how the vote for a stadium coincided with the teams making a September run.

I think seeing how crazy the Kingdome got at that time and how it pretty much made this a baseball town for 10 years makes you realize how different it is now. Some of that is just baseball in general but I think this town is just dying to see a winner again and whenever it happens the stadium will reflect that.

The My Oh My one? My parents bought me that on 96, that one I think one ups this documentary slightly just because there was context to the games.

Only complaint was this wasn’t long enough but not sure how many fans around the country would tune into a 3 hour special.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The My Oh My one? My parents bought me that on 96, that one I think one ups this documentary slightly just because there was context to the games.

Only complaint was this wasn’t long enough but not sure how many fans around the country would tune into a 3 hour special.

Yep thats the one. I just recognize that some of those clips, like the shots of the fans or outside the kingdome were the exact same.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh that "VHS" reference makes me think I should ease up on Cowboy fans and their glory day Super Bowls.
I guess we all have a VHS team in us....

Now I'm going to leave here before @seahawksfan234 comes in asking what a "VHS Tape" is

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that "VHS" reference makes me think I should ease up on Cowboy fans and their glory day Super Bowls.
I guess we all have a VHS team in us....

Now I'm going to leave here before @seahawksfan234 comes in asking what a "VHS Tape" is

Of course I know what a VHS tape is. I grew up watching movies on VHS when I was a kid. Just like you were listening to FDR's fireside chats when you were a kid.