• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How much?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys just gave DeMarcus Lawrence and average of $21 million for 5 years, $65 million guaranteed How much are you willing to pay Allen or Ionman?

It makes Kerrigan's contract look pretty good now.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys just gave DeMarcus Lawrence and average of $21 million for 5 years, $65 million guaranteed How much are you willing to pay Allen or Ionman?

It makes Kerrigan's contract look pretty good now.
we will pay allen and payne not sure about ionman

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payne is on his rookie contract for three more years. Allen two more and Iron Man is coming up on his last year. The Redskins should be extending Ionaddis, this year so they don't go to the FA year. Of course Scherff is due also. The team is hamstrung by the Smith deal and injury. Wait, you mean the FO F'd up again?!

THe real intention of this post was to be a shit stirrer. To see who and why people want to sign or don't want to sign one of our better players. Or some say Kerrigan is over paid but his numbers are better but Lawrence's contract is 50% more. Just taking the temperature of the forum. :D

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree that the Alabama boys get paid before players from that football factory in Philadelphia … Temple University. But I have a soft spot for the Owls, my dad grew up right there and I was confirmed at Temple Baptist.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Oliver at 15 go with Allen,Payne Oliver

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Oliver at 15 go with Allen,Payne Oliver

The question was … Are you willing to pay Allen or Ionman $21 million? As dad said they are likely to pay the Bama guys first and I agree with that. What I want to know is are you willing to pay $21 million or more (likely more) for Jon Allen?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payne is on his rookie contract for three more years. Allen two more and Iron Man is coming up on his last year. The Redskins should be extending Ionaddis, this year so they don't go to the FA year. Of course Scherff is due also. The team is hamstrung by the Smith deal and injury. Wait, you mean the FO F'd up again?!

THe real intention of this post was to be a shit stirrer. To see who and why people want to sign or don't want to sign one of our better players. Or some say Kerrigan is over paid but his numbers are better but Lawrence's contract is 50% more. Just taking the temperature of the forum. :D

I really like Ioannidis but don't want to see them go crazy with his contract. A lot of this will depend on various circumstances that don't have a lot to do with the actual player. For starters I truly want them to eat as much of Smith's cap money as possible at this time to make it easier in the future. The cap itself will also go up somewhat & I suppose you could have a deal like the Colllins one where money is deferred (if you believe the player has great potential).

A lot of this will also depend on if certain players will give the team somewhat of a discount (I know some folks will say that players only play for $$ with this team). A player like Allen probably wants to stay with the team since he is from Ashburn & has strong ties with his fellow Bama defenders. We will see. Again - my approach would be do all of this with an eye on the future & not simply 2019.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!! No answers, some side tracking but no answers.

Last year as the Skins DL was playing well I started thinking about how do they keep this line together. IronMan is three years in, how Allen is two years in. Payne is only one year but all are on 4 year contracts. For those that have answered they have said no in regards to Matt. What about Allen? Would you pay him $21 million, which may be a good deal in a year or two. Lawrence has helped set the market. Are we in or out?

I know the cap goes up. No agent is going to tell his guy well you are local so lets give the team a 10% discount. These guys only have so many years to make this kind of money. This is a fact of life in the NFL. Guys are cheap for 3 or 4 years and if they are successful you need to pay them or look for a replacement.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!! No answers, some side tracking but no answers.

Last year as the Skins DL was playing well I started thinking about how do they keep this line together. IronMan is three years in, how Allen is two years in. Payne is only one year but all are on 4 year contracts. For those that have answered they have said no in regards to Matt. What about Allen? Would you pay him $21 million, which may be a good deal in a year or two. Lawrence has helped set the market. Are we in or out?

I know the cap goes up. No agent is going to tell his guy well you are local so lets give the team a 10% discount. These guys only have so many years to make this kind of money. This is a fact of life in the NFL. Guys are cheap for 3 or 4 years and if they are successful you need to pay them or look for a replacement.

Don't know about the agent, but yes some players will play for somewhat cheaper (not huge but I don't think that 10% or even a little more is out of the question). Heck - Cousins was going to give them somewhat of a discount if the Skins took care of things earlier in the process..

I don't believe it is out of the realm of possibly for Allen to play for a bit cheaper or structure his contract in a favorable fashion. Staying in a familiar area & playing with familiar players who are your buddies has some value. As for your original question - I don't think that you can throw bug bucks at every player in a certain unit (e.g. DL). Sooner or later one has to go to help support other positions so at some pt in the relatively near future one of the DL will be gone. I like all of them but IMO the priority is Payne and Allen.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as funny as it sounds it depends on tomsula . i think he can develop ionman types

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as funny as it sounds it depends on tomsula . i think he can develop ionman types

Agree that Tomsula is a factor. I like IronMan but don't see $21 million is his number. What about Allen, do you see him making that type of money in the future. If he continues to progress do you see him being worth that kind of money?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know about the agent, but yes some players will play for somewhat cheaper (not huge but I don't think that 10% or even a little more is out of the question). Heck - Cousins was going to give them somewhat of a discount if the Skins took care of things earlier in the process..

I don't believe it is out of the realm of possibly for Allen to play for a bit cheaper or structure his contract in a favorable fashion. Staying in a familiar area & playing with familiar players who are your buddies has some value. As for your original question - I don't think that you can throw bug bucks at every player in a certain unit (e.g. DL). Sooner or later one has to go to help support other positions so at some pt in the relatively near future one of the DL will be gone. I like all of them but IMO the priority is Payne and Allen.

You might not know as many pro football players as me. Money on the wood makes the betting go good …. or something to that effect.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree that Tomsula is a factor. I like IronMan but don't see $21 million is his number. What about Allen, do you see him making that type of money in the future. If he continues to progress do you see him being worth that kind of money?
will he be a donald type ? if so yes , if not .............