• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many Majors will Rory end up with?

How many Majors will Rory end up with?

• 4. That's it. He is happy with his life. Others hit it further. Injuries. Etc.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 5-6. His talent/experience get him another few.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • 7-10. He finds a few dominant years again.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 10-14. He starts entering the discussion as the 3rd greatest player of all time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 14. He enters the discussion as possible greatest player ever.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted 5-6. I don't know if you can flip the switch after appearing to peak so young. It looks to me that he is happy with his life. Nothing wrong with that.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voted 5-6 as well. He will stumble into a couple of wins but I just see the field being too strong now

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted 5-6. I don't know if you can flip the switch after appearing to peak so young. It looks to me that he is happy with his life. Nothing wrong with that.

Yeah...it wouldn't surprise me if he surpassing it, but I voted 5 or 6 as well.

Got too much money, newly married, probably wants to enjoy some of that cash and I don't blame him. I think he's bulked up a bit too much and the injuries are starting early.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-10. Not sure what everyone is seeing that makes them think he's done. He's 28 and I know that he's failed to win for 7 whole tournaments since he won the Tour Championship. But he'll win a few more unless he loses his game completely.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...it wouldn't surprise me if he surpassing it, but I voted 5 or 6 as well.

Got too much money, newly married, probably wants to enjoy some of that cash and I don't blame him. I think he's bulked up a bit too much and the injuries are starting early.

Golf specific explosive exercises and some weight training, I am all for.
Bulking up, I truly believe has hurt him.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-10. Not sure what everyone is seeing that makes them think he's done. He's 28 and I know that he's failed to win for 7 whole tournaments since he won the Tour Championship. But he'll win a few more unless he loses his game completely.

Winning 2 majors is a great career for most. I don't see him as done. My opinion is that he won't dominate again.
Would not mind being wrong on this.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golf specific explosive exercises and some weight training, I am all for.
Bulking up, I truly believe has hurt him.

It's been a factor in his injuries I think. Obviously Tiger, but we're already in Day as well and it's pretty evident he's been hard at it in the gym bulking up.

Strength, endurance and toning I think are critical in golf...adding bulk through the chest and arms (biceps) are not that helpful from my understanding.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voted 5-6 as well. He will stumble into a couple of wins but I just see the field being too strong now

What field is that?

After Phil, Rory has double the majors than anyone else.

Who in the field has proven that can be a sustained threat to Rory for the next 10 years or so?
You can list the usual suspects but they all seem to be off there games a bit as well.

You will always be judged by your major victories. But a majors "drought" does not tell the whole story of that state of a players game. Sometimes it made to seem like Rory's game has faded away with no major wins in 3 years. He is still the #2 ranked player and the 2016 Fed Ex cup champ.

All said, there is just no excuse for him to be missing cuts at a major.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dbl digits I'm not sure about but 7-10 wouldn't surprise me. Rory has a very explosive game, but it's built primarily around overpowering courses. I'm sure he's going to catch fire again, but he's got too much money to be as hungry as he was, now married...a couple of kids will probably soon follow...next thing you know he's 38.

We shall see.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What field is that?

Who in the field has proven that can be a sustained threat to Rory for the next 10 years or so?
You can list the usual suspects but they all seem to be off there games a bit as well.

You will always be judged by your major victories. But a majors "drought" does not tell the whole story of that state of a players game. Sometimes it made to seem like Rory's game has faded away with no major wins in 3 years. He is still the #2 ranked player and the 2016 Fed Ex cup champ.

I'm just saying that every tournament there are more and more players who can win as compared to years past. I wasn't saying one specific player will content with Rory or anything like that. Just saying it's much better now.

Every golfer is entitled to a crappy tournament or Major, including Rory. It shouldn't happen but it does and it's not like he wasn't the only top 10 golfer to miss the cut

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'd have a better chance if Nike would let him wear clothes that fit him, he has to feel all bound up.

I was happy he missed the cut so I wouldn't have to hear about "The Ulsterman" all weekend, wtf is an ulsterman anyway.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'd have a better chance if Nike would let him wear clothes that fit him, he has to feel all bound up.

I was happy he missed the cut so I wouldn't have to hear about "The Ulsterman" all weekend, wtf is an ulsterman anyway.

I gotta say, I am not a fan of the Rory gear.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say, I am not a fan of the Rory gear.
I think the wardrobe Nike put everyone in at this year's Open was called the "Imitation Moob Sweats" Line.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the wardrobe Nike put everyone in at this year's Open was called the "Imitation Moob Sweats" Line.

If I had to choose, I would probably wear Pink Pants before I would go the Moob look.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What field is that?

The field?

That's just it...literally, the field. The last 7 majors have been won by 1st time major winners.

Granted DJ has been knocking on the door so it was not a surprise to see him win one. Koepka has one tour win, nobody was expecting him to win this thing. Sergio has been around but all but written off as a major threat. Jimmy Walker? Willett? Stenson, good player, but nearing 40...Who knew?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The field?

That's just it...literally, the field. The last 7 majors have been won by 1st time major winners.

Granted DJ has been knocking on the door so it was not a surprise to see him win one. Koepka has one tour win, nobody was expecting him to win this thing. Sergio has been around but all but written off as a major threat. Jimmy Walker? Willett? Stenson, good player, but nearing 40...Who knew?

Yep - when you see what happened with Koepka you almost expect this to occur for some of the other up and comers. This also would appear to make it that much tougher for the top players since they likely press too much for perfection & wind up falling short. That would help to explain the huge disparity in this tourney where someone like Koepka played lights out while some of the top players were just plain horrid (that plus some rust).

I also think that Matsuyama has a few majors in his future. He is banging on the door & I would not be surprised to see him win one this year. The competition is very tough rt now.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It reminds me of when Rory imploded at the Masters in 2011......'how will he respond?' Well...he took apart the field in the next major, the US Open. Then...there were whispers about his game and whatnot about 3 years ago, and then he went back/back with an Open and PGA Championship.

I guess it really depends on his weight training (which I do admit I believe may be troublesome in the future) and his off-the-course lifestyle (newly married and such)....because if it's just about the talent, he's gonna bag another 4 or so. He's still this generations best player.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - when you see what happened with Koepka you almost expect this to occur for some of the other up and comers. This also would appear to make it that much tougher for the top players since they likely press too much for perfection & wind up falling short. That would help to explain the huge disparity in this tourney where someone like Koepka played lights out while some of the top players were just plain horrid (that plus some rust).

I also think that Matsuyama has a few majors in his future. He is banging on the door & I would not be surprised to see him win one this year. The competition is very tough rt now.

Matsu is gaining...when Rory, and DJ are playing at their peak in any tourney...they are going to have a good chance to win...they will just have so many birdie opportunities...but the reality is, none of these guys have shown an ability to play at peak form for long stretches....now that he's gone (kinda) we're seeing the true greatness of Tiger. He had the inordinate ability to peak for the majors.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matsu is gaining...when Rory, and DJ are playing at their peak in any tourney...they are going to have a good chance to win...they will just have so many birdie opportunities...but the reality is, none of these guys have shown an ability to play at peak form for long stretches....now that he's gone (kinda) we're seeing the true greatness of Tiger. He had the inordinate ability to peak for the majors.

I'm not sure I would classify what Tiger did as peaking at the majors.

Tiger's game for 11 years (give or take) was in the stratosphere of precision. It never wavered or went up and down like you see what happens to all golfers after being hot for a couple of years.

Yea, I'm sure his intense focus got even better at the majors. But if you look at all his wins & majors the credit does not go to all of the famous highlights that you see all of the time. It goes to the bogeys & double bogeys he never made. Tiger never never never went backwards in tournaments. It was so rare it was ridiculous.

If you have the skill & power to dismantle any golf course like the Dustin's & Rory's in the world, that is only half the battle. Now you have to figure out the other half of Tiger's blueprint. How to eliminate bogey's & double bogeys and stop missing cuts.