• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Sudfeld

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not disagree with your assessment. But I also believe the Eagles staff, and Wentz himself will be a little more cautious as to how and what he can do, Nick proved it in this offense you don't have to take off and run.
Carson does have a pretty damn good arm, sometimes his fastball takes off on him, he'll learn, it's part of the process.

I have faith in Pederson and the fact Carson is his guy and they will find a way to keep Carson upright and produce above average stats....
im not disagreeing at all, but planting, footwork, pocket mobility, and mobility outside the pocket all can be affected. When were talking about a pro athlete, even a SMALL diffence, can change his game, im just saying, proceed with caution. The thoughts of oh hes fine, oh hes an MVP, oh hes amazing, need to be holstered. More often than not hes NOT been an MVP, and now has injuries. LIke @eaglesnut said in the thread on the eagles board. Hes got that upside like whe you drafted him, top 5 upside, he needs to get there. He also NOW carries far more risk than when u drafted him

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem isn’t Wentz’s knee. It’s his head.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not disagreeing at all, but planting, footwork, pocket mobility, and mobility outside the pocket all can be affected. When were talking about a pro athlete, even a SMALL diffence, can change his game, im just saying, proceed with caution. The thoughts of oh hes fine, oh hes an MVP, oh hes amazing, need to be holstered. More often than not hes NOT been an MVP, and now has injuries. LIke @eaglesnut said in the thread on the eagles board. Hes got that upside like whe you drafted him, top 5 upside, he needs to get there. He also NOW carries far more risk than when u drafted him

100 % agree! The biggest thing in my opinion is that Wentz has Peterson to lean on, to learn from, and basically has a head coach that calls the plays for him. Doug will set him up for success, the Eagles will address the old brittle oline, they will get the running game back just to help Carson's case...

Homer time: Im read Petersons book, and to be honest I feel a different sense with Peterson now then I did three years ago. Guy cares a lot about his players, and its not a full on business with him

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree. The superbowl run IDGAF who you are when your playing that well, get hurt, and watch your back ride into glory, a superbowl MVP, folklore, a statue, etc. It messes with you. plus u got hurt twice. theres mental things to deal with as well as physical things

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He pressed to much when he got back on the field , hell even big dick Nick said it he was pressing as well.
It's one thing to feel the pressure of winning a Super Bowl, then there is the other side of once you win it then going out and doing it again!

There is a strong reason Tommy Boy walks around with a chip on his shoulder, he learned that while back with BB after winning their first...

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree. The superbowl run IDGAF who you are when your playing that well, get hurt, and watch your back ride into glory, a superbowl MVP, folklore, a statue, etc. It messes with you. plus u got hurt twice. theres mental things to deal with as well as physical things

It’s clear the first SB run messed with him. There were a lot of expectations coming into this season and he fell flat. Don’t quote stats to me... he didn’t WIN. Then he goes out and watches another QB go in and WIN when he couldn’t.

That will have an effect on him no doubt.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100 % agree! The biggest thing in my opinion is that Wentz has Peterson to lean on, to learn from, and basically has a head coach that calls the plays for him. Doug will set him up for success, the Eagles will address the old brittle oline, they will get the running game back just to help Carson's case...

Homer time: Im read Petersons book, and to be honest I feel a different sense with Peterson now then I did three years ago. Guy cares a lot about his players, and its not a full on business with him
and thats great, im all for a players coach, and not inuring guys more. I know they get paid a ton, i know they know what they are getting into. BUT. now heres a story of mine. I used to play juniors and semi's ice hockey, yes i was good. But my coach had a motto "if they stop the game for you, or you miss a shift, your done for the game and maybe more".

Injuries just werent acceptable. I watched guys with broken bones crawl to the bench, guys get splinted in the locker room with plastic knives and spoons, guys who didnt know their names(me included) go play the next shift, all kinda of shit.

I personally have had documented major concussions, and alot that I "got away with". One time due to impact testing i had to sit out over a month while my brain healed.

Ive also had 2 meniscus surgeries, 1 acl surgery, 1 hip surgery, and 2 complete shoulder reconstructions, all before i was 20. The shoulder i played 6 months with my shoulder dislocated. it just floated out of the socket.

More rehab than u can possibly imagine for those and other injuries.

Moral of ym story is we were trained for that. Now in my mid thirties, im ok, but im sore, things pop, i know i will need both knees and at least one shoulder replaced. I will probably be f'd up later in life. and My career was cut short because of injuries.

I will ALWAYS respect doing whats in the best interest of the player. Also, i took a career in rehab, so i definitely follow that.

But physically and mentally, things take a toll. and when u have to adjust a guys game, it takes away from them.