• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How is Lovie Smith out of the NFL?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lasted as long as he did because he's black if we're going to bring up the whole race thing Nyfan.

Lovie was a terrible coach. He had zero ability to understand offense and utilized the most inept offensive coordinators and preyed on star talent on the D that didn't need much coaching to begin with. 90% of the camera takes on Lovie highlight and show his cluelessness as to what was going on.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lasted as long as he did because he's black if we're going to bring up the whole race thing Nyfan.

Lovie was a terrible coach. He had zero ability to understand offense and utilized the most inept offensive coordinators and preyed on star talent on the D that didn't need much coaching to begin with. 90% of the camera takes on Lovie highlight and show his cluelessness as to what was going on.

Did you really have to post this idiotic comment man?

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Idiotic post.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Idiotic post.

I agree 100%.

You people who idiotically claim charges of racism or charges of racial favourtism obviously don't own a multi-million dollar NFL franchise.

GMs who make million of dollars based on their hirings, signings, firings, signings, etc. don't go around thinking, "Man this black guy is one heck of a coach, and he could probably make this team a contender. But I just can't stand the thought of some ---insert racial slur--- running the team; so I 'm gonna just sign a white guy who can't coach as well."

By the same token, GMs (owners too) don't think, "Man this black guy doesn't have the first clue what he's doing, but people will think I'm a racist if I fire him. So I think I'll keep him around & make millions of dollars less than I would have made had I brought in a guy with a clue." Management / ownership cares about 2 things: Winning and making money.

If there's ever been an industry that's 100% based on merit, it's the NFL. You people who claim otherwise just do so because of your dishonest political agenda.

Last edited by a moderator:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plain and simple...he wants to be a head coach. The NFL is an offensive league now. He could have been a DC but he is too stubborn

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better question... How was Lovie Smith IN the NFL?

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a coach anywhere? Maybe he just wants some time off and will come back next season.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a coach anywhere? Maybe he just wants some time off and will come back next season.

He wasn't interested in anything short of being a head coach again.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better question... How was Lovie Smith IN the NFL?

Plain and simple he won the hearts of Chicago for a while! He came out and made it his goal to beat the Green Bay Packers and thats exactly what he did for the first couple years.

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plain and simple he won the hearts of Chicago for a while! He came out and made it his goal to beat the Green Bay Packers and thats exactly what he did for the first couple years.

From afar, I always thought Lovie was a laughingstock.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because in his 9 years as Chicago HC:

He only made the playoffs 3 times.

The one superbowl they did get to was in 2006 and they lost.

5 times they ended up finishing 3rd or 4th in the NFC North, 3rd the last two years before being fired.

Many other head coaches wouldn't of lasted that long. Something the race baiters refuse to admit. The Bears did play some stout defense while he was coach, but they've been totally meh at offense for the most part under his tenure there.

I think he was given plenty of time to get it done. Instead, they avg about .500 with him and that doesn't cut it in the long term in the NFL.

Has absolutely nothing to do with it. He could win a Super Bowl with any team in the league but is unemployed simply because he's black. Because, you know, NFL teams are all desperate to win but not THAT desperate.

What a bunch of nonsense that anyone actually believes this...

Its because hes black.

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's from the Tony Dungy coaching tree.... more like a coaching twig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has more to do with the Bears being horribly managed. For years. From ownership down.

Exactly right. Lovie was killed by a horrible front office. OC after OC turned Lovie down because of the GM and his drafting. Lovie is/was a top notch coach. Most Bear fans wanted Lovie gone because they think he was the problem on the offensive side of the ball, it's comical. They problem was the front office plain and simple. No decent OC would come. Not Lovie's fault at all. Our new HC turned us down when we asked him to be the OC too. Lovie was a very solid coach and someone will hire him soon and get a great coach.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame alot of the Bears woes on the drafting....How many times did we draft an o-lineman for them to suck?......a couple I know of.
We never did get wr we needed until last season when we signed marshall.
And lastly,Cutler.
I do believe he`s just an average qb that had no o-line or wr to work with.Now if thats Lovie`s fault,then so be it.
But I blam,e that on Angelo myself.........

NOT EVERYTHING CAN BE THE HC`s FAULT!!!

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its amazing how people do NO RESEARCH, yet Blast off their lame and WRONG Opinions.

Lovie Smith is still being paid by the Bears, if he took ANY job as ANY coach in the NFL he would forgo that Money the Bears still owe him.

So that fact is NO ONE on this board knows if Smith told his agent he will not Interview with a team until after his contract expires. Which would be after this season.

It is the same reason Gruden has never been interviewed for a NFL job.

NOW, ask yourself This question if you were an owner....

Would you hire a Head Coach that cared more about Doing Nothing and Collecting Free Money, or one who would Rather be Coaching Football?

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its amazing how people do NO RESEARCH, yet Blast off their lame and WRONG Opinions.

Lovie Smith is still being paid by the Bears, if he took ANY job as ANY coach in the NFL he would forgo that Money the Bears still owe him.

So that fact is NO ONE on this board knows if Smith told his agent he will not Interview with a team until after his contract expires. Which would be after this season.

It is the same reason Gruden has never been interviewed for a NFL job.

NOW, ask yourself This question if you were an owner....

Would you hire a Head Coach that cared more about Doing Nothing and Collecting Free Money, or one who would Rather be Coaching Football?

This.

But people like Michael Wilbon always want to call racism against black people whenever possible. :rollseyes:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe some teams don't want a coach with a hard ass name like "Lovie"?