• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How is Lovie Smith out of the NFL?

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all for the record, dude I'm white! But, if Lovie were John Gruden would he not have been one of the most sought after free agent HC's in the league?...but, Lovie is a brother.

That sucks! Because anyone that knows football, knows that Lovie can flat out coach. Good luck Lovie, just don't show up in the NFCE next year, and its all good.

HAIL!

BoP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His inability to ever come up with any sort of offense in nine years in Chicago shows how incapable he is of finding and utilizing offensive talent. He'll probably be signed by a team with an established offense within the next few years, a role he could excel in.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its because hes black.

I always thought he was a pretty good HC and deserves another shot with a new team.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if Lovie will ever HC in this league again after what he did with the Bears offense. The fact is as a Head Coach you have to be able to put out an offense and defense on the field which is going to be productive and Lovie only focused on one side of the ball. If he wants to come back into this league and coach he has to realize its going to be a DC position, not HC.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its because hes black.

I always thought he was a pretty good HC and deserves another shot with a new team.

So having one of the most predictable offenses in the league and never getting better than 15th ranked in 9 years is a good Head Coach? Good head coaches dont fail to produce an offense for 9 years.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard a rumor the Rams wanted to hire him as their new DC but he held out for a HC job. Also heard the Jets were interested in him before deciding to keep Rex one more year.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all for the record, dude I'm white! But, if Lovie were John Gruden would he not have been one of the most sought after free agent HC's in the league?...but, Lovie is a brother.

That sucks! Because anyone that knows football, knows that Lovie can flat out coach. Good luck Lovie, just don't show up in the NFCE next year, and its all good.

HAIL!

LMAO!!!

Can anyone tell this guy how many games Gruden has coached since being fired?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't deserve another immediate head coaching opportunity, and he is too proud to accept a coordinator position.

Race is irrelevant.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because in his 9 years as Chicago HC:

He only made the playoffs 3 times.

The one superbowl they did get to was in 2006 and they lost.

5 times they ended up finishing 3rd or 4th in the NFC North, 3rd the last two years before being fired.

Many other head coaches wouldn't of lasted that long. Something the race baiters refuse to admit. The Bears did play some stout defense while he was coach, but they've been totally meh at offense for the most part under his tenure there.

I think he was given plenty of time to get it done. Instead, they avg about .500 with him and that doesn't cut it in the long term in the NFL.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5 times they ended up finishing 3rd or 4th in the NFC North, 3rd the last two years before being fired.

Many other head coaches wouldn't of lasted that long. Something the race baiters refuse to admit. The Bears did play some stout defense while he was coach, but they've been totally meh at offense for the most part under his tenure there.

I think he was given plenty of time to get it done. Instead, they avg about .500 with him and that doesn't cut it in the long term in the NFL.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovie will coach again, he needed a year off. Overall he was a very good coach, if he learned from his mistakes he will be a top top coach when he gets back. I 100% guarantee he will be coaching again in the NFL. JA could not draft and that is why Lovie is gone, not because Lovie sucked but because of bad drafting not on Lovie at all. I'm a huge Bear fan. I seen it first hand. Just look at our drafts while Lovie was here. Lovie had no say so in the drafting. FK I miss Lovie already.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He could not get it done with JA drafting bust after bust. Ya it was Lovie not getting it done.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So like a coach like Andy Reid with a resume pretty simular gets hired within a week after getting fired.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not that Lovie needed a year off its he couldnt find a job this year. Yes he had a few opportunities to become a Defensive Coordinator and passed on it hoping for a HC job which wont come for another few years. When HC get hired they want to bring in their own staff and we all know how Lovie is in bringing offensive coaches in. Why would any GM want to hire Lovie as HC unless they were the ones picking the offensive staff for Lovie?

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So like a coach like Andy Reid with a resume pretty simular gets hired within a week after getting fired.

Andy Reid is a very good offensive minded coach who also knows the defensive side very well too so of course someone like him will get hired. Lovie Smith was brilliant on the defensive side of the ball but couldnt hire an offensive staff to save his job. This is an offensive league now and if you cant get that side of the ball straiten up than its going to be hard to find a job. The best was watching Lovie Smith talk about offense and quarterbacks that one and only day he was on Sportscenter.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Reid is a very good offensive minded coach who also knows the defensive side very well too so of course someone like him will get hired. Lovie Smith was brilliant on the defensive side of the ball but couldnt hire an offensive staff to save his job. This is an offensive league now and if you cant get that side of the ball straiten up than its going to be hard to find a job. The best was watching Lovie Smith talk about offense and quarterbacks that one and only day he was on Sportscenter.

:agree:

Between this and other threads, I would like to say I respect your objectivity with respect to your team. Many don't share that ability.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Between this and other threads, I would like to say I respect your objectivity with respect to your team. Many don't share that ability.

I appreciate that man and I have actually noticed that with a lot of members on this site compared to others, which is a good thing. If you see me arguing on here which has happened already and will continue in the future, it is all in respect and not trying to act like a troll or anything.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate that man and I have actually noticed that with a lot of members on this site compared to others, which is a good thing. If you see me arguing on here which has happened already and will continue in the future, it is all in respect and not trying to act like a troll or anything.
I guess I don't blame Lovie as much as JA for the Bears offense. No coach wins with the front office whiffing on pick after pick. No Lovie was not a great offensive coach but I don't think it mattered because there was no talent to work with anyway.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name a good coach without influence in their personell moves who is complacent about it. The only one I can think of without great influence is Rex Ryan, and he has given the jets front office plenty of shit for it.

If you're not unhappy with not being provided better weapons, there's something's wrong. He would have demanded more influence a while ago if he was worthy of it.