• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How good you expect to be this year?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the expectations for the Vols this season? I know you lost a QB and top two WRs. But also know they were somewhat a head case group. Figuring just get to a bowl and you will be happy? Or looking for a 9 win type season.

Just wondering since you all are coming to Eugene this year what type of team to expect. Think you always gotta at least give the Vols some respect as they hail from the SEC. But also know they lost a lot and have had a few bad seasons.

Any of you making the trip? BigVOLdaddy coming up to the Eug!?!? Love to be on his YouTube channel if he does.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tennessee is predicted to finish 5th in the East, behind everybody but Kentucky. 6 wins & a Bowl game and I'll be happy.

For sure wins: Austin Peay, WKU, South Alabama, Kentucky

Losses: Oregon, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina

Toss-up games: Auburn, Missouri, Vanderbilt

I think once again it will come down to November and Tennessee needing to win their last two games to become Bowl eligible.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 or 6 wins is about what I'm expecting. Neither QB's have proven anything so that's still a big question mark. Defense was horrid last year so I expect it to be improved...I mean, it couldn't possibly get any worse. The offensive line should be one of the best in the country, only gave up 8 sacks last season and return all but one starter. RB's, meh...Lane and Neal are serviceable backs, but we're definitely not going to pound the rock on anybody like Bama or UGA. Keep an eye on NT Daniel McCullers, he's about 6'7", 360 and could cause problems in the trenches. We have two good LB's in Curt Maggitt and A.J. Johnson, but not much depth after that.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the Oregon game, if I had to predict a score this early, I'd say something like 52-14 Ducks. About similar to the last meeting.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is the Vols are still rebuilding and Jones has his work cut out for him. We have a whole new coaching staff and will be running a newer up-tempo offense, similar to what Auburn ran with Malzahn I believe. Also switching back to a 4-3 defense. We are definitely going to take our lumps but it is what it is Hopefully Jones can do what Kiffin and Dooley couldn't, and that's getting us back to competing in the SEC.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys hopeful with Jones? Does it seem like he is the right guy?

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess so, but I said the same about Kiffin and Dooley. I give up, I'm just going to see whatever the hell happens. I'll say though that the buzz among fans seems to be better with Jones than with Kiffin or Dooley. And he's doing an excellent job recruiting so far, so he has that going for him.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Butch Jones is proven winner. I believe he won two MAC Championships at Central Michigan, and I believe he won 2 Big East Championships at Cincinnati (I could be wrong). Maybe Tennessee is the canvas for his masterpiece? Who knows. This year will be rough, no doubt. But I'm lookin' forward to the future with him as head coach of the Vols.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be closer than expected. Why? Just a hunch.
We beat UGA by 28 last year (and beat them the previous 2 years also) and people are picking them over us. So, I'm going with a similar lack of logic in the Fiveassee vs. Oregon game (but not as totally insane).
Score: Dux 38, Vawls 27.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, 11pt loss? That's a solid moral victory right there. :dance:

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
psssssst... don't tell OD, but Oregon is going to drop a level this year. :whisper:

I actually think they'll be really good, Idk, like you said, just a hunch. I have at least one of the three of Alabama, Ohio St., and Oregon, in the NC.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butch is gonna be a goddamn good coach at UT in my opinion. Just give him some time, he's not an idiot like the last two coaches, he knows how to coach, and I think he's gonna own at a team like Tennessee.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butch is gonna be a goddamn good coach at UT in my opinion. Just give him some time, he's not an idiot like the last two coaches, he knows how to coach, and I think he's gonna own at a team like Tennessee.

Indeed. He seems to have some balls, something the last two fuck dicks at UT knew nothing about. Hopefully he can make this rivalry interesting again, it makes football better when it's competitive.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_mcx4h0P39u1rdd4s9o1_r1_500.png

Indeed. He seems to have some balls, something the last two fuck dicks at UT knew nothing about. Hopefully he can make this rivalry interesting again, it makes football better when it's competitive.

You mean we're still rivals? :scratch:

Don't tell TonyTheGaytor.

Last edited by a moderator:

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it'll be nice when the game gets back to being significant on a national level.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This...

And this...

Butch and his staff have attacked practice, recruiting and PR work with such a fervor it's amazing. If you are just a star gazer, the '14 class looks just ok but 1) we're on the running for some big names and 2) Butch and his staff have shown a very good knack for spotting and developing talent. That alone helps have faith in them.

That said, I'll be happy with 6 wins and a bowl, any more and it's just gravy. Gonna be tough sledding; Dools really screwed the pooch on his classes. Between transfers, dismissals, non-qualifiers and just whiffing on positions we are dangerously thin at a ton of positions for this year and next year. Just hope Butch gets the chance to develop his recruits into starters.