• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How do we approach HC and QB next year?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Ya, like 3 fucking missed deep balls is the difference.

Goddamnit, this regime has a built-in aversion to running the fucking football. If after watching this season of football, you think the QB is the problem, you are high and retarded.

Nagy is 100% responsible for where this team is currently.

Oh Ya, like 3 fucking missed deep balls is the difference.

Regardless of what else happened... Mitch hits a wide open Gabriel. We're 4-3. It's really that simple.

Two of Mitch's losses are directly tied to a few horrible throws and decisions he made.

They are not the only factors which played into the outcome. However, they were huge moments that 100% would have changed said outcome.

Goddamnit, this regime has a built-in aversion to running the fucking football.

The team ran the ball extremely consistently and effectively vs LAC. So, why did Mitch still shit the bed on back-to-back pivotal 4th quarter possessions? Why did Mitch still have three consecutive drop backs (with a 6 point 4th quarter lead) where he went... INT, missed wide open TD to Gabriel and fumble?

Where does the rolodex of Mitch excuses land after that?

Good running game + solid O-line play = Nagy's red zone play calling?

That's what I would do if I was a devout member of club Mitch. It's roughly the only thing that went wrong around him.

If after watching this season of football, you think the QB is the problem, you are high and retarded.

Personally, I would argue that having (probably) the most ineffective and inaccurate passer in the NFL as being a problem. That's just me.

If you can't spot big problems/flaws in Trubisky's game. Problems which have shown no signs of getting better. You are intentionally burying your head in the sand. When Mitch fires ten feet over a receivers head... that's not on Nagy. Mitch leads the league by a landslide in "you've got to make that throw" type of throws.

Mitch being bad and Nagy being bad are not mutually exclusive notions. It's not a "one or the other" scenario.

"Nagy has been bad" does not = "Mitch is off the hook"

Mitchell Trubisky is currently the worst passer in football among starting QB's.

He does not do anything well. His game does not have a single strength.

Even best case scenario for those avoiding any blame going towards Mitch. You're basically saying that you need him to operate in a fully functional system with all parts firing on point. No QB gets that every year. They still find ways to play better than Mitch has. They still don't miss the open throws that Mitch does every week.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You fail to see it for what it is. Last year I was saying Nagy can be a good coach if he grows and learns from his mistakes. He has not grown at all. He has made the exact same mistakes as he had last year. He is not putting Trubisky in a position to succeed. He’s not taking pressure off of his young QB. He has been an utter failure in getting this offense going. Last year opponents didn’t know what to expect until late into the year. This year teams know what is coming, how to react to Trubisky, and Nagy has come up with no solutions. Even with a terrible QB we should be putting up more points than we have been.

And yes, this team could lose all but 1 or 2 games the rest of the way. Players are starting to lose confidence and the offense is not showing any signs of improvement. The defense needs a little help and they probably won’t get it. Play the what if game all you want, but the opposite is also true. If we hadn’t played Washington and got lucky against Denver, we could be 1-6.

1-6? How do we lose to Minnesota, exactly?

Yeah, and if we make like two very simple plays vs OAK and LAC we could be 5-2. You could say similar things about GB. Denver game was lucky? They controlled the game entirely (leading almost entirely) for 58 minutes and then nearly gave them a gift. So, this little game goes both ways.

I agree that Nagy has been bad. I'm with you. However, I have doubts as to whether or not that there exists a scenario where Mitch can succeed on a consistent basis.

Your entire first paragraph doesn't really counter anything I have said. I agree with the points you are making there. However, as I mentioned; it's just such a violent swing to go from a 15-5 start to Nagy's career. AP coach of the year last year. Starts 3-1. Then, he hits his first patch of true adversity and we're saying he's got to go before we hit the halfway point of the season and see how the team responds.

I just don't think that's how things work. HC's who saw immediate success tend to get an opportunity to correct their mistakes. Nagy has yet to even have that shot.

Nagy has to learn from his mistakes? CLEARLY. YES. So, let's see if he can. This is his first time failing as our HC. Let us see if he is able to learn and implement what he has learned in the form of a solution. I think he showed a clear willingness to change by running the ball out of the I-formation like he did vs LAC. Let's see where it goes.

This is like if you had a great marriage with a woman for a year. Then, you have a weird month and you both just bail without trying anything. It's simply not a logical sequence of events.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-6? How do we lose to Minnesota, exactly?

Yeah, and if we make like two very simple plays vs OAK and LAC we could be 5-2. You could say similar things about GB. Denver game was lucky? They controlled the game entirely (leading almost entirely) for 58 minutes and then nearly gave them a gift. So, this little game goes both ways.

I agree that Nagy has been bad. I'm with you. However, I have doubts as to whether or not that there exists a scenario where Mitch can succeed on a consistent basis.

Your entire first paragraph doesn't really counter anything I have said. I agree with the points you are making there. However, as I mentioned; it's just such a violent swing to go from a 15-5 start to Nagy's career. AP coach of the year last year. Starts 3-1. Then, he hits his first patch of true adversity and we're saying he's got to go before we hit the halfway point of the season and see how the team responds.

I just don't think that's how things work. HC's who saw immediate success tend to get an opportunity to correct their mistakes. Nagy has yet to even have that shot.

Nagy has to learn from his mistakes? CLEARLY. YES. So, let's see if he can. This is his first time failing as our HC. Let us see if he is able to learn and implement what he has learned in the form of a solution. I think he showed a clear willingness to change by running the ball out of the I-formation like he did vs LAC. Let's see where it goes.

This is like if you had a great marriage with a woman for a year. Then, you have a weird month and you both just bail without trying anything. It's simply not a logical sequence of events.
I never said we lost to the Vikings. I said if we weren’t scheduled to play the 2nd worst team in the nfl and Denver, which we almost lost. We beat two pathetic teams and the Vikings. You fail to see the other side of the coin. That’s the way football goes. You’re always a bad bounce away from several wins. We can all see how bad this team is. It’s not a playoff team and it should be. That’s on Nagy.

And stop writing novels. It’s fucking annoying. I don’t even read them past the first paragraph anymore. You’re not a respected sports journalist, so I’m not going to give you that kind of time.