• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How do we approach HC and QB next year?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people on here will probably badh me for posting this thread so early, but the writing is on the wall. How do we approach next year assuming the offense continues to suck under Nagy and Trubisky? We have Trubisky another year. Do we try him under a different head coach and offensive mind? Do we try to bring in another QB to run Nagys offense? Do we axe both and start from scratch? Do nothing at all and hope for better results?

I think we are going to send Nagy packing. We should bring in another QB to develop behind Trubisky. Have Trubisky start the season as the bears QB and make it his job to lose. Since the QB we would be drafting would most likely be 2nd round or later, I think he will need some time on the bench to learn the game.

I could see Nagy staying another year to attempt to right the ship, but if a QB doesn’t come in to at least replace Chase, this offense will suck again. If we do bring in a bridgewater type QB, I wouldn’t mind cutting Trubisky and bringing in a new QB via the draft to develop should bridgewater fail. This is the most important position on the football team. We need to act desperate while the window of this elite defense closes.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Nagy and Trubisky will be here next year. Trubisky will probably be our backup.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding it Trubisky's Cap Number is 9.2 million whether or not we keep him or cut him. Since Daniel is off contract, it is almost assured he will be on our team. Most expensive backup in football probably.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens when the Bears reel off 6 straight? lulz

It's really dumb that they are losing. They have a good team. Nagy has failed them miserably. Montgomery should've been the focal point of the offense from day one. Had Nagy established any semblance of a run game from the onset, this team would have more wins. Trubisky can win, but he will not carry a team consistently. That run game would've benefited the defense tremendously as well.

The Bears are literally built to be a run-based offense, with play-action, moving pockets and RPOs based therefrom. Nagy's insistence on not playing Montgomery as primary back has put us in a hole that they likely won't dig themselves out of. His incessant use of gadget run plays to anyone BUT Montgomery prior to last week, is maddening. His complete lack of situational awareness is unbelievable at this point. (Last week was a perfect example, what with the halftime debacle, cutesy pootsy redzone playcalling, the two trubisky turnovers, and the end of the game nonsense.)

Both Trubisky TOs were on dumb calls. Montgomery should've had even MORE carries last week, particularly on that first turnover drive when up by 6, and having just ran roughshod on them just before that. Nope, let's go deep post from our own 30.

It's like it takes away from his self-described genius, if he just plays football. Basic, common sense football. Run the ball and stop the run, and everything else will fall into place. This isn't fucking arena ball.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy will be back and so will Trubisky. We will sign a solid journeyman type QB to compete and/or mentor. We won't break the bank though... I'd wager a Fitzpatrick type... off chance we try for an Eli or Dalton if we can get them cheap enough... I think Bridgewater will be too expensive... I'd say keep a close eye on Carolina and Jacksonville as well... Mariotta? Winston? Rosen? Eh, I wouldn't mind trying, but that gives us multiple reclamation projects....

I don't see us drafting anyone though.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be ecstatic if we got Brady.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy is locked in. Like it or not.

He's definitely not going packing over a three game rough patch. It would take something extraordinary.

I think Trubisky is a dead man walking. We can all sit here and debate Nagy. He's definitely struggled. However, that situation is a little more convoluted. What's crystal clear is that if Trubisky just hits a handful of wide open missed throws. We are probably 5-2. Regardless of who is calling plays... a lot of them are open and he's not hitting them.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Nagy and Trubisky will be here next year. Trubisky will probably be our backup.

I can see Trubisky being here,but not Nagy......

I see us drafting a qb,whether its our 1st or second,but I believe this is where we get one,and believe he will be in the fight for the starting job...……..

Its gonna take a lot for the rest of the season for MT to show he belongs a starter..……...

@beardown07
I think Nagy would run the ball a little more if he could actually depend on the o-line more...…….Seems like they cant hold their own...

DM has had 16 plays of no gain or negative yards...…….
26 plays of 1 or 2 yds rushing with 1 td...……...
21plays of 3......…….
32 plays of 4 or more...…...

Not sure how that stacks up with rest of the league,but 2/3s of his plays is not even league average...…….
Maybe its just Nagy not trusting his line...………….

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's whispers of him leaving NE... but I can't really see it.

I don't think he goes anywhere else...………….Not sure why he would want to...……..

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Trubisky being here,but not Nagy......

I see us drafting a qb,whether its our 1st or second,but I believe this is where we get one,and believe he will be in the fight for the starting job...……..

Its gonna take a lot for the rest of the season for MT to show he belongs a starter..……...

@beardown07
I think Nagy would run the ball a little more if he could actually depend on the o-line more...…….Seems like they cant hold their own...

DM has had 16 plays of no gain or negative yards...…….
26 plays of 1 or 2 yds rushing with 1 td...……...
21plays of 3......…….
32 plays of 4 or more...…...

Not sure how that stacks up with rest of the league,but 2/3s of his plays is not even league average...…….
Maybe its just Nagy not trusting his line...………….

Nagy is on contract until 2022 and although the start of this season has sucked, we're light years better than we were prior to 2017 and his arrival...so I don't know how you can see Nagy being gone. Every coach makes some questionable ass decisions...especially if they are or worked with Andy Reid....doesn't mean they're bad, and-more importantly-that there's anyone better out there.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's whispers of him leaving NE... but I can't really see it.
If he did leave, I don’t think there is a better win now landing spot for him than Chicago. I doubt it happens though.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's definitely not going packing over a three game rough patch. It would take something extraordinary.

I think Trubisky is a dead man walking. We can all sit here and debate Nagy. He's definitely struggled. However, that situation is a little more convoluted. What's crystal clear is that if Trubisky just hits a handful of wide open missed throws. We are probably 5-2. Regardless of who is calling plays... a lot of them are open and he's not hitting them.
Three game rough patch? I would not be surprised if we only win 1 or 2 games the rest of the season. Nagy has utterly failed to breathe life into our offense. That’s what he was brought here to do and a lot of the reason is his stubborn stupidity.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy is on contract until 2022 and although the start of this season has sucked, we're light years better than we were prior to 2017 and his arrival...so I don't know how you can see Nagy being gone. Every coach makes some questionable ass decisions...especially if they are or worked with Andy Reid....doesn't mean they're bad, and-more importantly-that there's anyone better out there.

It doesnt matter how long he has left on his contract,if he doesnt pull this team out of its funct, hes gone........
It is light years better than 2017s team, but this was the year we replaced our k from last season and this was suppose to be a SB contending team, now its possibly the biggest disapppointment in the NFL......next to Cleveland.........All Nagy has done is take this team 2 steps back.....

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three game rough patch? I would not be surprised if we only win 1 or 2 games the rest of the season. Nagy has utterly failed to breathe life into our offense. That’s what he was brought here to do and a lot of the reason is his stubborn stupidity.

This would fall under the "extraordinary" category. Where I would agree that there's a chance he could be shown the door. Even then... it's very rare that you shit-can a HC one season removed from an AP Coach of the Year award and a total turnaround of a franchise from 4 consecutive double digit loss seasons to a 12-4 season.

Either way, when I say "three game rough patch" I'm merely talking about where we are at right now. We started 3-1. We've lost three straight. I don't have a crystal ball. I just know that right now saying that "he's going to be gone" can only be based in this current stretch. It cannot be based on things that have yet to transpire. So, that's the only reasonable way to approach this thread. IMO

I'm frustrated with Nagy. However, at the same time, this is all very premature. I don't think you can go from singing his praises in the way that the entire fan-base did up until just 8 weeks ago to saying "he's as good as gone" after a 3-4 start to a season.

We're not 0-7. You'll be hard-pressed to find a really good HC who didn't go through some tough times. Especially when you have a QB whose just incapable of making rudimentary throws. Mitch hits the Gabriel throw or simply doesn't fumble. We're 4-3. Mitch plays at just a pedestrian level vs GB. We're probably 5-2. We don't rough a punter in London or if Chase doesn't loft a ball up to 3 Oakland Raiders... good chance we win that game. So, while it's nice to throw the blanket over your HC's head and blame him for everything. I have a hard time at this stage of the game. Players have to fucking execute and it's not like these mistakes came from poor play calls. They came from those guys being incompetent and/or individually shitting the bed.

It's also really hard to envision this being a 4-5 win team. The Earth is definitely starting to tremble beneath us a bit. However, the doomsday cries about the entire regime being fired, etc... are still rather melodramatic. You still have the majority of a football season left with only 4 losses on your record. This is IN ZERO WAY saying we can salvage the season. However, you have to see how everyone responds.

Nagy started his HC'ing tenure 15-5 here. Now he's lost three games and a total mutiny is upon us? Eh. That's dog shit. You can't swing so violently back-and-forth.

Ah well, just another long-winded Richie response.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would fall under the "extraordinary" category. Where I would agree that there's a chance he could be shown the door. Even then... it's very rare that you shit-can a HC one season removed from an AP Coach of the Year award and a total turnaround of a franchise from 4 consecutive double digit loss seasons to a 12-4 season.

Either way, when I say "three game rough patch" I'm merely talking about where we are at right now. We started 3-1. We've lost three straight. I don't have a crystal ball. I just know that right now saying that "he's going to be gone" can only be based in this current stretch. It cannot be based on things that have yet to transpire. So, that's the only reasonable way to approach this thread. IMO

I'm frustrated with Nagy. However, at the same time, this is all very premature. I don't think you can go from singing his praises in the way that the entire fan-base did up until just 8 weeks ago to saying "he's as good as gone" after a 3-4 start to a season.

We're not 0-7. You'll be hard-pressed to find a really good HC who didn't go through some tough times. Especially when you have a QB whose just incapable of making rudimentary throws. Mitch hits the Gabriel throw or simply doesn't fumble. We're 4-3. Mitch plays at just a pedestrian level vs GB. We're probably 5-2. We don't rough a punter in London or if Chase doesn't loft a ball up to 3 Oakland Raiders... good chance we win that game. So, while it's nice to throw the blanket over your HC's head and blame him for everything. I have a hard time at this stage of the game. Players have to fucking execute and it's not like these mistakes came from poor play calls. They came from those guys being incompetent and/or individually shitting the bed.

It's also really hard to envision this being a 4-5 win team. The Earth is definitely starting to tremble beneath us a bit. However, the doomsday cries about the entire regime being fired, etc... are still rather melodramatic. You still have the majority of a football season left with only 4 losses on your record. This is IN ZERO WAY saying we can salvage the season. However, you have to see how everyone responds.

Nagy started his HC'ing tenure 15-5 here. Now he's lost three games and a total mutiny is upon us? Eh. That's dog shit. You can't swing so violently back-and-forth.

Ah well, just another long-winded Richie response.
You fail to see it for what it is. Last year I was saying Nagy can be a good coach if he grows and learns from his mistakes. He has not grown at all. He has made the exact same mistakes as he had last year. He is not putting Trubisky in a position to succeed. He’s not taking pressure off of his young QB. He has been an utter failure in getting this offense going. Last year opponents didn’t know what to expect until late into the year. This year teams know what is coming, how to react to Trubisky, and Nagy has come up with no solutions. Even with a terrible QB we should be putting up more points than we have been.

And yes, this team could lose all but 1 or 2 games the rest of the way. Players are starting to lose confidence and the offense is not showing any signs of improvement. The defense needs a little help and they probably won’t get it. Play the what if game all you want, but the opposite is also true. If we hadn’t played Washington and got lucky against Denver, we could be 1-6.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy and trubisky will still be here. Unless trubisky gets worse as the season goes along, they'll likely sign a guy to push him but not take his job unless he continues to suck utter ass. Look at Mariota/Tannehill: that type deal.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh Ya, like 3 fucking missed deep balls is the difference.

Goddamnit, this regime has a built-in aversion to running the fucking football. If after watching this season of football, you think the QB is the problem, you are high and retarded.

Nagy is 100% responsible for where this team is currently.