• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HOW COULD THEY TRADE AWAY TYLER O'NEILL?!?!

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of you guys were upset that Jerry Dipoto traded one of our great prospects for a pitcher coming off a major injury? Marco looks like he could win us 15 games this season meanwhile Tyler O'neill in his major league debut stuckout 18x in 38 at bats.

GO MARINERS!

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think anyone was happy with this trade at the time, myself included. Still to early to declare a winner. I think this ends up as a good baseball trade with both teams benefiting in the long run. Really happy to see Marco coming into his own.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noone was upset that they traded for Marco, most were mad that Jerry got fleeced in the deal then came out with his fake news press conference right afterwards.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would do it again.......with .haniger ,gamel, and heredia ...in hand..mariners pitching===#15
and..the mariners where.... despirados...on the pitching last year(from injurys)..and still are this year.....why...cuz the mariners are despirate for an ...ACE...pitcher...cuz although filex .WAS...a good ..ace pitcher...now he is more like a #3
or #5 guy..unfortunatly..for him, us and the mariners...i do think this is ..the new reality...does that mean he is done...
NO WAY..he is still a good pitcher

http://m.mlb.com/player/641933/tyler-oneil

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one more ...prop.post..(seatllfan75)....lol

ok...GO..posters...lol

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gripe wasn't that they traded him, it was that in the midst of a playoff push they traded him for a minor leaguer instead of packaging him for a desperately needed starter.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gripe wasn't that they traded him, it was that in the midst of a playoff push they traded him for a minor leaguer instead of packaging him for a desperately needed starter.

This is the general feeling I have gotten. Noone is mad they dealt him, it's that Jerry should've been able to deal a lesser prospect or prospects for a throwaway prospect that Marco was at the time. The Mariners could've traded O'Neill to the Tigers for Verlander and the Mariners would be leading the division by a few games.

To equate it to football, it's like having the number 3 overall pick then trading it for a 3rd round pick. If the 3rd round turns out to be a HOF player that's great but doesn't take away the fact you wasted the ability to turn that pick into multiple picks and still get the guy you wanted in the third round.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOBODY IS TRADING A TALENTED STARTING PITCHER FOR TYLER ONEILL. In the middle of that playoff push if Verlander was available straight up for Oneill Im positive that trade would have happened.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like it at the time, I was more open once the winter hit and now I obviously like it.

However I don't think now is really the time for this kind of post. This trade still probably needs until the end of next season to be graded properly.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade is a case of jerry dip under and over valuing players. I think you can have Marco and Tyler in this organization at the same time. I am not mad that we have Marco or that O'Neill was traded. You won't be able to convince me this trade made sense at the time the trade was made.

Yes Marco has been good this season and I am happy about that no doubt. Tyler O'Neill hasn't developed into the player he can yet, so you really can't judge this trade appropriately at this point.