• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Bad Do Ravens Beat Us This Week?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we have improved, but I think the proof is in the pudding. I want to see it first against a player like Lamar and a team like the Ravens that have taken us to the woodshed over the last 5 meetings.

29 - 23 Ravens.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we have improved, but I think the proof is in the pudding. I want to see it first against a player like Lamar and a team like the Ravens that have taken us to the woodshed over the last 5 meetings.

29 - 23 Ravens.
It's been my belief since the beginning of the season that the Ravens are our worst match-up in the division. Even with all of the love the Browns were getting in the offseason, I felt we did a decent job moving the ball against them and we can be competitive with them. With the Ravens, they can do things that we historically have difficulty defending. Watching Trevor Lawrence run the ball against us did not give me much faith in our abilities to contain Lamar Jackson..... I am very interested to see though how we do against the run. The improvement in our defensive line is significant and our linebackers and safeties are playing well. It actually seems like the way to beat the Bengals will be through the air, which could play well in our hands here (if we CAN stop their running game). I haven't watched them enough defensively to know if they are any different than they have been before.... But the fact that they shut down the Chargers says a lot because that team was moving the ball well against other teams.

I expect we will lose this game, but I think we'll be competitive. I think the game will break on one or two Burrow interceptions or strip-sacks and I think we lose a low scoring game. Ravens 18, Bengals 13

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their TE will be an issue.

If the pass-rush can't contain LJ - he extends plays and guys get open. He's been able to do that at a pretty good clip this year. They are up there in offense this year, but have had games that they could have lost.

Offensively - the OL has to block. The Bengals are surprisingly tied #6 in win share for run blocking, but are #19th in win share pass blocking rate. An improvement over last year, but against a good pass-rush, could be an issue. To me, they need to mix in more Mixon to keep the rush honest rather than just hoping the OL plays well.

On the road, I think Cincinnati just doesn't have enough yet to win this game - but hopefully I don't think it will be a blowout like last year.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems more realistic. I was trying to be optimistic.

Morale victory and all.

Its just one of those things, I won't believe they can stop/beat the Lamar Ravens until I see them do it.

The Bengals start too slow with their crappy scripts and by the time get off of it they could be down by 2 scores.

I think for moral victory purposes-the goal is a close game in the 4th quarter.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at a bigger picture: Baltimore has had it at least relatively easy compared to the defenses they've faced. Just one top 14 defense in yards, and zero top 15 defenses in terms of PPG.

LV - 14th in yards
KC - 28th in yards
DET - 25th in yards
IND - 20th in yards
Chargers - 19th in yards

LV - 17th - 24ppg
KC - 28th - 29.3ppg
DET - 25th - 28.7ppg
IND - 11th - 21.8
Chargers - 22nd - 25ppg.

The Bengals are 8th in yards allowed, and 5th in PPG allowed (18.5). It will be a good test for the Baltimore offense, but also for the Bengals defense as Baltimore is the top statistical offenses they will face to date being 7th in PPG at 28.3, and 4th in yards per game. Someone will have to bend - either Baltimore's offense, or the Bengals defense.

On the flip side, the Bengals offense will face off against Baltimore's defense, ranked 7th in PPG at 20.5 and 18th in yards. Bengals will have already faced 4 teams in the top 14 in terms of PPG allowed, and the same teams are in the top 16 in Yards allowed. So, the Bengals offense has already faced some good competition defensively (teams are GB, Chicago, Pitt, and Minn). Bengals are 21st in yards, but tied 11th in PPG at 24.7.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am worried about their dominance over us. But, it's probably worth acknowledging that this IS a different team. Here's some good proof. Look at our starting lineup the last time we played them.