• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How awsome is Kam?

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seem to me that I've seen Polamalu time the snap a few times and jump the line. Not just on kicks either, but also when he's just trying to get to the QB.

NFL network said today that Kam's jumps may have been illegal. The rule states you can't get a running start to jump the line. You can jump the line only if you start no further than 1.5 yards back from it. I don't know where Kam started but you can bet the refs will be watching it closer next time.

So this is the way the rule to which I believe they are referring reads:

"(q) Running forward and leaping in an obvious attempt to block a field goal or Try Kick and landing on players, unless the leaping player was originally lined up within one yard of the line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped."

So either both of Kam's leaps and the leap and block by the Rams player were definite penalties, or the ref's have a different interpretation of this rule.

I guess there are two ways that it could NOT be a penalty: a) if they don't deem the leap to be a block attempt, which it really isn't or b)they are keying on the "...and landing on players..." part of the rule, which neither of them did.