• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hot start for Robert in A ball

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t wait to see Robert and Madrigal on the MLB squad.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t wait to see Robert and Madrigal on the MLB squad.
Madrigal was my choice for last year's draft in part for his good defense and hitting, but especially for the fact that he rarely strikes out. The kid is excellent at putting the ball in play and when you do that, it helps create opportunities. And has there been a worse team in all of baseball for the past few years when it comes to striking out than the Sox? We need a guy like this. As for Robert, all I can say is he seems to be one of those classic 5 tool players. We can only hope.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Madrigal was my choice for last year's draft in part for his good defense and hitting, but especially for the fact that he rarely strikes out. The kid is excellent at putting the ball in play and when you do that, it helps create opportunities. And has there been a worse team in all of baseball for the past few years when it comes to striking out than the Sox? We need a guy like this. As for Robert, all I can say is he seems to be one of those classic 5 tool players. We can only hope.
You’re spot on in regards to the team needing more quality ABs.

Imagine the team in 2021 with Moncada, Anderson, Robert, Madrigal, possibly Basabe/Adolfo, (insert a couple FA acquisition position players).

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert continues to kill it in -A- ball, Madrigal also doing really well.

In AAA, Charlie Tilson is also doing very well, hitting at a .381 clip. I only bring this up because it's apparent that Palka needs to return to the minors to reclaim his stroke. Not a single hit in 32 at bats? He needs to rebuild his confidence, which can be accomplished by sending him down, and in the process give Tilson a shot. He's primarily a CF, but he can play all three OF spots and play them well. Either him or bring back Ryan Cordell.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert continues to kill it in -A- ball, Madrigal also doing really well.

In AAA, Charlie Tilson is also doing very well, hitting at a .381 clip. I only bring this up because it's apparent that Palka needs to return to the minors to reclaim his stroke. Not a single hit in 32 at bats? He needs to rebuild his confidence, which can be accomplished by sending him down, and in the process give Tilson a shot. He's primarily a CF, but he can play all three OF spots and play them well. Either him or bring back Ryan Cordell.

Looks like Hahn read my post - Palka sent down, Cordell brought up.

WindyCityCoug

Fat Stacks Bitches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing today Luis Robert is heading to AA Birmingham,

the kid is tearing it up.
If he kills it in AA this summer, he could be a legit 2020 roster contender, even at age 21.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing today Luis Robert is heading to AA Birmingham,

the kid is tearing it up.
If he kills it in AA this summer, he could be a legit 2020 roster contender, even at age 21.
Agreed. If he continues to mash it, I think it's very possible we'll see him at some point next season. The Sox are slowly but surely building a solid roster, altho the pitching simply has to show some improvement down the pike.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. If he continues to mash it, I think it's very possible we'll see him at some point next season. The Sox are slowly but surely building a solid roster, altho the pitching simply has to show some improvement down the pike.

even tho they didn't expect a contender this year they sure could have done something in the way of starting pitching. there were some decent arms available and instead they went for the bottom of the barrel in santana. that's frustrating!