• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Hockey people!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been a Coyotes fan... but they've taken the back seat to my other favorite teams such as the Suns, Cardinals and Dbacks over the years, mainly because hockey was my least favorite sport of the four "major" sports.. but this year that may change. Part of that probably has to do with growing up in AZ, hockey was the one sport I never played myself... it was quite uncommon back when I was a kid growing up for anyone in our state to play hockey, but you can see that's changing with the growth of the local talent from our state in recent years.

I've already been to 3 home games and they've won all 3, which is a funny story actually...

So me and my friends went to their game on Thursday night against Vancouver, and we got shit faced because one of my buddies proposed to his girl the night before so we celebrated that with him. We made a drunk deal saying if they score 4 or more and win we'd go to the next game, I have no idea how this become a thing but it happened.

Next day we wake up... group text... "they play again Saturday so rest your livers tonight and get ready"... we make the same pact "4 or more and a win and we're in for their next home game". Sure enough they beat Tampa Bay 7-1. Both games had such great atmospheres and we had a such a great time so we were pumped. Game 3 they beat Ottawa 5-1 and at this point we're just like OK... we might have to go to every home game the rest of the year at this pace. 4 game win streak on the line Friday at home against Carolina... I probably just jinxed them with this post but man if this streak doesn't stop I will become an alcoholic hockey fan. :suds:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny because the Coyotes didn't score much in their first four games (I think they only had one or two goals over that span) and now they're filling the net. Just curious, how are ticket prices these days to watch a Coyotes game?

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just looking at the standings, and noticed their Goals Against is pretty freaking good.