• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honey Badger Is The October Rookie Of The Month!

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL says October’s top defensive rookie was the Honey Badger

Posted by Josh Alper on October 31, 2013, 11:27 AM EDT

Plenty of people said they thought the Cardinals had one of the steals of the draft when they took Tyrann Mathieu in the third round last April and those that didn’t are probably wishing they had after watching his play for the first two months.

Mathieu has made a smooth transition from collegiate cornerback in 2011 to starting NFL free safety in 2013 and was named October’s defensive rookie of the month as a result of his strong play. Mathieu hasn’t been quite the gamebreaker he was at LSU, but the team’s probably thrilled to see him handling his job well at the back end of a strong defense all the same.

Mathieu had 20 tackles, a sack and an interception for the Cardinals this month as they went 2-2 to remain in the mix for a playoff spot in the NFC. Even if the erratic offense finds some firmer footing in the second half, the defense is likely to be the thing that keeps them there so Mathieu’s quick transition to professional life is a big help on that front.

I can't say I am surprised by this. He has played well all season. As long as he continues to follow in PP steps off the field, he should have a long successful career.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to mathieu! I remember him as a pompous kid who could never keep his head on straight. It is nice to see that he has turned the corner and grown in a solid young man! Hopefully he can keep it up!

In the end, I'm sure honey badger don't give a shit! Honey badger comes to play football!

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually didn't think the young man was going to cut it in the NFL..........So glad to see him proving me wrong. He's been outstanding and in the running for ROTY

Just an awesome job of SK spotting excellent talent for this team.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HONEY BADGER RULES

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honey Badger fears no man! His story is so sad.

Remember #21 and #32 you are witnessing greatness folks.

We took that chance and it fucking paid off. Hes relentless and over came something that most people cant in professional sports. Keep making all the people that passed on you stupid Tyrann. Go Honey Badger!

Last edited by a moderator: