• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

honest opinions about a 60 game "season"

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are cool with on essentially every 3rd and long in football that the kicker or punter has to come in to play QB?
Why allow the light hitting shortstop to hit instead of Mike Trout? I think we should eliminate the batting order entirely and let anyone hit at anytime. Heck, let’s get rid of defense entirely and just have HR Derby.

As for your Football analogy, if it is some kind of fully predictable cycle that can be avoided at some consistent price, than it might make sense. I am not saying it Should be implemented, it is stupid and makes no sense. But making cross-sport analogies is stupid and makes no sense since sports are different (especially baseball and football which have absolutely nothing in common with each other)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to remember who you are talking to. I am the poster child for no DH. And the idea of the universal DH getting implemented this year still makes no sense to me. Do pitchers hitting, or managers having to use their noggins somehow increase the spread of Covid?

That said, I honestly DO understand why the DH is getting implemented. It is a foot in the door. And it is a concept that both owners and players agree on (Owners can market the game to the video game generation and players get another starter-level salary per roster).

but again... i am not questioning about whether you like DH or not... I am saying, that the universal DH was part of the negotiations from day 1... So, when you were wishing for baseball to be back, for the owners and players to agree, the DH was always there... and so was you guys wishing baseball to come back in any form...

Just saying, the non-stop complaining about how baseball was not coming back, to now that it is coming back and the complaining about the DH...

Not picking on you.. Just on NL fans in general... you can't have it both ways especially when it was known that no matter what if there was going to be baseball there would be the DH...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Honest question!!!

Will there even be baseball this season... with so many players already opting out... and with covid still being a thing...

are the players opting out in fear of their lives??

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but again... i am not questioning about whether you like DH or not... I am saying, that the universal DH was part of the negotiations from day 1... So, when you were wishing for baseball to be back, for the owners and players to agree, the DH was always there... and so was you guys wishing baseball to come back in any form...

Just saying, the non-stop complaining about how baseball was not coming back, to now that it is coming back and the complaining about the DH...

Not picking on you.. Just on NL fans in general... you can't have it both ways especially when it was known that no matter what if there was going to be baseball there would be the DH...
Why can’t we have it both ways? Be happy baseball is back but be pissed that they are taking advantage of the situation to incrementally further the infection of the virus better known as the DH?

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another bizarre little detail about the upcoming season:

According to Cashman, teams will not be able to disclose if players are placed on the COVID-19 IL. It would be left to the media and fans to guess why the player is not available.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EbyORYbU0AARuXP