• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Homer talking to CBJ GM howson

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently they talked for an hour after last nights game. I'm not sure who or what they could be discussing other then Howson yelling at Homer for ripping him off in the Carter deal. In all seriousness I can't see them talking about a d-man from CBJ, I mean The best option they have is Wis and he makes $5.5m a year and acts like an idiot on the ice plus his current injury history. I'm sure CBJ would be interested in both Bryz & Bob since they desperately need a goalie and while it would be nice to see Bryz head out I highly doubt it will happen.

THE FOLLOWING IS PURELY SPECULATION

I'm wondering if Homer is looking at making a huge move right now & considering trying to bring Nash in. I have not heard this anywhere in particular, but it has been widely rumored that Nash is available and he wants to try to win a cup sooner rather then later. The Flyers would have the parts available to pull off such a move, but CBJ would need to take some serious cap space back. Now this move would not help us defensively at all, which is where we all feel we need the most improvement.

Now the question I pose to everyone here is what do you think the 2 GM's were actually discussing, if it was Nash what do you think it would take to acquire him & would it be worth it in the long-run with his contract and cap hit?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clitsome or Tyutin. No thank you to Wis.

And no thank you to Nash. I saids it. Solid player, would be great with good linemates. $7.8 million cap hit is dangerously humorous.

Christ Almighty let it be for their 1st this year.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clitsome or Tyutin. No thank you to Wis.

And no thank you to Nash. I saids it. Solid player, would be great with good linemates. $7.8 million cap hit is dangerously humorous.

Christ Almighty let it be for their 1st this year.

I wouldn't take any of their d-men honestly, then best sense I can make out of this is a 3 way deal including TOR, but I have no clue what the specifics would be. I could see us acquiring Nash to flip to TOR for Schenn, Franson/Colborne/Kadri & a 1st

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't take any of their d-men honestly, then best sense I can make out of this is a 3 way deal including TOR, but I have no clue what the specifics would be. I could see us acquiring Nash to flip to TOR for Schenn, Franson/Colborne/Kadri & a 1st

If this was the case I would do it. Tyler Bozak is not what i would think of as a #1 center. Burke loves his big americans, and needs a center. Nash is at least a big center.

Kinda far fetched, but I likey.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Really, he is? Damn. Awkward.

Still, I would do Bob and a 1st.

Nash for 1st, Schenn, and maybe Colborne. I do not fucking want Kadri.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Nah is one of my favorite players in the league, but that cap hit and this team just doesn't work. We need to spend money on defense, not offense

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howson and a couple of BJs scouts were at the WFA during yesterday's game. I have no idea why the Flyers would want anyone on that team outside of Nash.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Nash is the huge cap hit. Plain and simple. I could see the Flyers pushing to get back Umberger...the issue with any move is who do the Flyers part with? JvR is still hurt. Briere has a no trade, you don't bring in Shen to move him back out. Seriously, the Flyers have depth but they don't have big return value depth. Carle is the moveable dman. The issue is that the Flyers need 2 real nhl defense right now. Trading Carle or Coburn is no going to help things. Being able to play Carle, Metz, Timonen and Coburn less (and Lilya and Bourdon not at all) is the solution.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Nash either.

I'd take 5 new dmen before I looked to add a top forward

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howson and a couple of BJs scouts were at the WFA during yesterday's game. I have no idea why the Flyers would want anyone on that team outside of Nash.

That's exactly my point. I also don't believe bob and a 1st would do it for Nash. I could see something like the following happening.

CBJ gets Bryz/Bob(hoping it would be Bryz since they have problems keeping players and he's signed forever, plus it would make the money work), Kadri, Colborne & Flyer's 1st

TOR get's Nash, Carle, CBJ's 2nd & Philly 3rd

Philly gets Schenn, Franson, Mason & TOR 1st

I'm not sure how even this really is, but I think its' close to fair for all parties involved. TOR get's their big bodied superstar, CBJ get's a goalie, top tier prospects & a 1st, the Flyers get some help on D and a young goalie as a back-up while shedding some salary.

I'm sure this can be criticized as un-realistic, but if you're going to explain why and what you think could work as this game is at least fin since no real trades have been made yet.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's exactly my point. I also don't believe bob and a 1st would do it for Nash. I could see something like the following happening.

CBJ gets Bryz/Bob(hoping it would be Bryz since they have problems keeping players and he's signed forever, plus it would make the money work), Kadri, Colborne & Flyer's 1st

TOR get's Nash, Carle, CBJ's 2nd & Philly 3rd

Philly gets Schenn, Franson, Mason & TOR 1st

I'm not sure how even this really is, but I think its' close to fair for all parties involved. TOR get's their big bodied superstar, CBJ get's a goalie, top tier prospects & a 1st, the Flyers get some help on D and a young goalie as a back-up while shedding some salary.

I'm sure this can be criticized as un-realistic, but if you're going to explain why and what you think could work as this game is at least fin since no real trades have been made yet.

Honestly you can wipe off the 1st round pick to us and I'll still be happy.

edit: just saw you included coburn and our first, nevermind.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly you can wipe off the 1st round pick to us and I'll still be happy.

edit: just saw you included coburn and our first, nevermind.

not braydon coburn, that was joe colborne from TOR

Also we NEED a 1st round pick this year to replenish our defensive prospects.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhhhhh my b. If a first round pick can land us a dman, I wouldn't mind it.

This year's draft is ridiculously stacked with defensive prospects. The entire 1st round is full of guys who SHOULD develop into top 4 guys. The top 5 D prospects look to be top pair guys who will have tons of impact wherever their drafted. I'm just saying I wouldn't trade our 1st this year unless we end up getting a top found defensive stud that is already signed long term with top pairing potential.

In that crazy trade scenario I provided we would get 2 d-emn with top 4 potential who are still young and given the proper contracts could make not having a blue chip defensive prospect in the system much easier to swallow.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, he is? Damn. Awkward.

Still, I would do Bob and a 1st.

Nash for 1st, Schenn, and maybe Colborne. I do not fucking want Kadri.

Dude .... if that were to go down, we'd be getting ass-raped.