• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Homer addresses media/Pronger update tomorrow

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey $&)^?

My lady asked me what the Fkyers injury report was. Anything shocking?

Seems like there are a few "Unofficial" injuries, until tomorrow at least. Kimmo is certainly hurt, JVR apparently was wearing a boot yesterday, Grossman, Meszaros, and Couturier are still banged up, and of course there is Pronger.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this media address will probably be the confession of who was playing injured and what not. Safe to assume so anyway. We are all almost positive that the guy I mentioned are at least aching a bit.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my guess:

jvr's foot not fully healed
jagr's groin still messed up
hartnell broken foot
timonen will need surgery on his back, but i'm not ruling out foot or hand surgery either
grossmann knee surgery
giroux possible pulled groin, possible sprained wrist relapse
couturier strained/sprained acl or mcl
bryz surgery for the chip fracture? not sure if they do that

i also suspect someone had a shoulder or hip issue, cause every season every team has one of those

that's my guess

i also dont think mesz was fully ready to go yesterday, but they pushed him in.. hopefully he didn't suffer any setbacks

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess on a few

JVR- No heart
Jagr-Old
Bryz-Broken stick

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess on a few

JVR- No heart
Jagr-Old
Bryz-Broken stick

Lol. You know my stance on JVR. Trade him for high value. Don't trade him for the sake of a trade. His new contract hike kicks in next season. I'm sure Homer is exploring options. Homer is a smart man. If the right trade is there, he'll do it. The offseason is going to be awesome my gut tells me.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. You know my stance on JVR. Trade him for high value. Don't trade him for the sake of a trade. His new contract hike kicks in next season. I'm sure Homer is exploring options. Homer is a smart man. If the right trade is there, he'll do it. The offseason is going to be awesome my gut tells me.

flyers definitely have a few options.. but i think they'll stay pretty similar.. only real change i see is letting carle walk and signing someone with a similar skill set.. get a nice pick (dman) in the draft that will hopefully develop.. sign voracek.. and get to it next year

i just have a feeling that's what we'll see.. i dno why cause the flyers are always splashing around in free agency and at the draft.. so i'm very likely wrong haha

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone know if WIP will carry this today?

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
flyers definitely have a few options.. but i think they'll stay pretty similar.. only real change i see is letting carle walk and signing someone with a similar skill set.. get a nice pick (dman) in the draft that will hopefully develop.. sign voracek.. and get to it next year

i just have a feeling that's what we'll see.. i dno why cause the flyers are always splashing around in free agency and at the draft.. so i'm very likely wrong haha

Awaz, do you really think JVR will be on this roster come training camp? I don't, just for the reason of his new cap hit. If they trade him, now is the time. That would free up some good cap space. I like what Chy mentioned in another thread, JVR and our 1st to Toronto for Schenn and Toronto's 1st. That would move us up pretty far to snag a very talented dman.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz, do you really think JVR will be on this roster come training camp? I don't, just for the reason of his new cap hit. If they trade him, now is the time. That would free up some good cap space. I like what Chy mentioned in another thread, JVR and our 1st to Toronto for Schenn and Toronto's 1st. That would move us up pretty far to snag a very talented dman.

JVR and Carle need to go and i wouldnt mind Bob getting out of town and saving some money that way

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think the best time, value wise, to trade jvr was this past deadline.. now his cap hit far exceeds what he's done on the ice.. and while it will probably/hopefully/maybe/wont(for las) be a bargain down the line, its much riskier to make that trade now when you dont get him at the low number for any time at all.. the leafs were still trying to make the playoffs at the trade deadline so a 'bargain' 1.6 for jvr was a good idea for them at the time.. i dont see them offering anything more valuable then they did at the trade deadline and that clearly wasn't enough for homer

maybe another team shows interest, but up to this point the leafs seem to be the most interested team

not saying i wouldn't look to move him, i just dont think the flyers will see the return they saw at the deadline, and if it wasn't good enough for them then, i dont see why it would be good enough for them now.. in my eyes he's still the most valuable trade chip that i'd actually be willing to part w/ if we were trying to get someone.. but i wouldn't trade jvr as a cap-move

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the best time, value wise, to trade jvr was this past deadline.. now his cap hit far exceeds what he's done on the ice.. and while it will probably/hopefully/maybe/wont(for las) be a bargain down the line, its much riskier to make that trade now when you dont get him at the low number for any time at all.. the leafs were still trying to make the playoffs at the trade deadline so a 'bargain' 1.6 for jvr was a good idea for them at the time.. i dont see them offering anything more valuable then they did at the trade deadline and that clearly wasn't enough for homer

maybe another team shows interest, but up to this point the leafs seem to be the most interested team

not saying i wouldn't look to move him, i just dont think the flyers will see the return they saw at the deadline, and if it wasn't good enough for them then, i dont see why it would be good enough for them now.. in my eyes he's still the most valuable trade chip that i'd actually be willing to part w/ if we were trying to get someone.. but i wouldn't trade jvr as a cap-move

I wanted him gone at the deadline and we were dumb not to do it because his stock fell more this playoffs. if we keep him again his stock will be at zero and nobody will want him at all and we will be stuck with a 4.5 million dolar third line winger.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted him gone at the deadline and we were dumb not to do it because his stock fell more this playoffs. if we keep him again his stock will be at zero and nobody will want him at all and we will be stuck with a 4.5 million dolar third line winger.

i was with you then as long as it brought back a useful defender.. turns out we got a useful defender by other means (didn't think we'd be able to)

still would've been nice to get out from jvr's contract extension at the deadline when his value was higher

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blah! damn internet filters!!!!

and iphone's not being able to do flash!

ty jjg, hopefully it helps others.

I'm having same problem with my iPod. I can't pick it up. I tried CSN Philly and no luck.