• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

holmgren snubbed on GM of the year

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not among the finalists nominated. don't get it?
especially why florida's GM was nominated..
he simply used all their cap space to overpay for free agents.
holmgren actually made bold moves and used insight in his moves.

plus the rookie of the year snub... i know lots of people wanted read..but i personally thought couturier hands down is the rookie of the year. offensive talent is seen all the time in 18, 19 year olds..but his defensive talent at that age is simply mind blowing and that only comes around maybe 1-2 times a decade.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
joke the homer wasn't at least a finalist..

in my eyes, he's a runaway winner.

poile didnt do anything in the offseason, and then paid out the ass for a handful of guys that haven't done a ton for them at the trade deadline

armstrong (blues) fired his coach and hired hitch.. as far as i know that's the only difference between last years team and this years.. hardly reason to award the GM (he may have brought in elliot as well, but that's 1 dude, and halak's numbers were amazing too)

and as you said, tallon just overpaid a bunch of role-players and got great goaltending from a mediocre goalie.. granted, it worked, and his team is on the cusp of advancing, so i'm ok with his nomination, but homer rebuilt the whole damn team

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This proves why the NHL have always hated us. It's comical. Anything that has Philly attached to it, will continue to get the shaft. Guarantee Giroux won't get any love for the Hart either. Fuck you Bettman you piece of shit. You're the friggin dingleberry hanging from an ass crack of a horse.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This proves why the NHL have always hated us. It's comical. Anything that has Philly attached to it, will continue to get the shaft. Guarantee Giroux won't get any love for the Hart either. Fuck you Bettman you piece of shit. You're the friggin dingleberry hanging from an ass crack of a horse.

Dead on Mally. Could not agree more.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Dead on Mally. Could not agree more.

i just don't think they care because Philly is such an established market. they use these awards to build up teams that don't necessarily have the loyal fanbases of us. at least thats my opinion.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just as bad a matt read not being a finalist for rookie of the year. it will all be sweeter whe read passes the cup to homer.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! Good call Las. That will be the shit when it happens. :becky: