• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Holmgren for head coach?

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see them wanting someone this high profile or someone with a big personality. I see someone they can control and won't question their decisions. Tomsula seems like he would be the perfect fit for what they are looking for.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane Kiffin would be a good fit in San Francisco.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see them wanting someone this high profile or someone with a big personality. I see someone they can control and won't question their decisions. Tomsula seems like he would be the perfect fit for what they are looking for.

I don't think that is the case. I would actually like to see Harbaugh stay. I don't see Holmgrem as someone difficult to work with. I hope you are wrong about Tomsula. That would be a huge mistake.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had Holmgren in Seattle for several years.

He's not the answer.

Several years? He was Seattle head coach for 9 years ... He did a great job for us ... Enjoyed the Holmgren years... He's and offensive minded coach though ...

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had Holmgren in Seattle for several years.

He's not the answer.

The Walrus did a great job in Seattle and a play here or there (or a penalty here or there) and 2005 would have been the Seahawks first superbowl win. The talent died off due to Holmgrens personnel decisions and Tim Ruskells (remember that guy?) and that's why he didn't last, not his coaching. He got a ton out of his two main QB's in Kitna and Hasselbeck.

My concern with with Holmgren is he's been out of the game awhile and the West Coast offense (short passing game) is one of Kap's biggest weaknesses. If Holmgren still has the coaching ability and can fix Kap's short game, we could do good things. I would also say we HAVE to keep Fangio if Holmgren is coach and not let Holmgren have ANY personnel decisions lol.

I would still take a hard look at other coaching options as well.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Holgrem would agree to the job with no personnel decisions...which is why I don't think they would hire him. After Harbaugh, I'm guessing they want someone with little say. They want a coach to coach...and that's it. Which I don't think would be Holmgren.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Holgrem would agree to the job with no personnel decisions...which is why I don't think they would hire him. After Harbaugh, I'm guessing they want someone with little say. They want a coach to coach...and that's it. Which I don't think would be Holmgren.

I doubt Holmgren gets any say in personnel. He was stripped of his GM duties in 2002 by the Seahawks and only then did they start winning and ended up going to the Super Bowl. And he was a horrible personnel man in Cleveland for 3 years. But as head coach, I say sure!

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game has passed him by, don't forget his terrible job with the Browns as their President. He was at the end of his usefulness when we left the Seahawks, I'd love it if the Niners hired him though.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Holmgren gets any say in personnel. He was stripped of his GM duties in 2002 by the Seahawks and only then did they start winning and ended up going to the Super Bowl. And he was a horrible personnel man in Cleveland for 3 years. But as head coach, I say sure!

Personel moves are not his strong point .... But he's a great coach ... He's really good with QB's also .... Might be the best possible thing for Kaep right now ....

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,803.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If York & Baalke don't find a way to somehow get "the Chin" to come back into the head coaching ranks, then they should try to convince "Chuckie" to come aboard, but if that also fails...it's gonna be anyone's guess who they decide on. With that being said....don't rule out Harbaugh's return just yet either.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not so sure about that. This would be a chance to coach his hometown team. I also suspect he knows the situation in SF with Balke and knows he isn't going to be given control over personnel decisions. I wouldn't mind him as coach but would not want to give him or any other coach control over personnel.