• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Holmgren: Done coaching

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Holmgren would want a coaching gig that gave him input into personnel acquisitions.

He has talked about that extensively on his shows here and I don't think that's a requirement. He knows he was at his best when he coached and it is that sideline part of it he was still open to. He said he wasn't interested in front office jobs and talked a lot about the failure when he was both GM and HC for Seattle.

I would imagine he will be more open at some point after all these jobs are selected, but for now he's being tight to the vest.

I'm guessing the two offers came from the worst of the jobs like Buffalo. Who in their right mind would take that cluster fuck? :noidea: Just curious if the Raiders were one or not and why he would turn that down if it was offered. None of the others are west coast so it's easy to figure why he would turn them down.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has talked about that extensively on his shows here and I don't think that's a requirement. He knows he was at his best when he coached and it is that sideline part of it he was still open to. He said he wasn't interested in front office jobs and talked a lot about the failure when he was both GM and HC for Seattle.

I would imagine he will be more open at some point after all these jobs are selected, but for now he's being tight to the vest.

I'm guessing the two offers came from the worst of the jobs like Buffalo. Who in their right mind would take that cluster fuck? :noidea: Just curious if the Raiders were one or not and why he would turn that down if it was offered. None of the others are west coast so it's easy to figure why he would turn them down.
I'm surprised he isn't interested in the 49ers gig.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised he isn't interested in the 49ers gig.

You didn't read the OP did you. :lol:

This whole thread was about him saying he was offered two jobs and turned them down and had spoken to his family and had their support to accept the 9'ers job if it was offered, and they didn't even talk to him at all. They clearly had no interest and he accepted that and has decided he isn't going to listen to any more offers this year, or in the future. He's done and is at peace with it.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holmgren isn't the only person that couldn't handle dual duties as head coach/GM. I always felt he was the best offensive mind in the business and a real innovator. Cowher was blessed with coaching under a strong GM and also having elite personnel.

I for one was completely relieved when Dallas didn't bring him on board.

I'm no Garrett supporter but no way I wanted Holmgren. Or Cowher.