• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Holmgren: Done coaching

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont'cha wish your coach can dress like him dont'cha and give interviews like him dont'cha. I'd rather have R2D2 speak for the team than him, painful to watch say the least. Some people aren't comfortable in front of mike and he and Lynch are 2 prime examples

Sonny, you made me picture a video of BB. Can see it now:L

Dont'cha wish your coach was a lot like me Dont'cha...Guessing that song will be stuck in my head today.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am selfish, cause I am glad he will not be coaching but instead still a guest on my local radio station. Love his insight and comments.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apologies but what's your yardstick?
He took two different teams to a Super Bowl and never had the dismal seasons as a head coach that Belichick did.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am selfish, cause I am glad he will not be coaching but instead still a guest on my local radio station. Love his insight and comments.
You are just relieved that he won't be coaching the Niners.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are just relieved that he won't be coaching the Niners.

Not because he would make them great again, but because we love the guy up here and having him coach the enemy would take some of that off I'm sure.

He lives here full time. That's why he works for our local sports radio station. He's a part of our city as well as Seahawks legacy.

If he went on and coached anywhere else I'd be fine with it. Well almost anywhere. Wouldn't want him going to a team I hate.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny, you made me picture a video of BB. Can see it now:L

Dont'cha wish your coach was a lot like me Dont'cha...Guessing that song will be stuck in my head today.

My bad Gandy I just had to watch 1 hr of Pussycats dolls to get his image off my head too Love me some Nicole

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He took two different teams to a Super Bowl and never had the dismal seasons as a head coach that Belichick did.

OK...but then you'd also have to support that Bill Parcells is better than BB as he took 2 different teams. He even managed to win in Dallas with Jerry Jones as the owner.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put him ahead of Cowher but behind Belichick. The guy was one of the best at taking mediocre football teams and making them relevant not only just for a year but for many years. Yes he only has the 1 Super Bowl title to his name but I would hire him in a heartbeat. I would love to have him on the Broncos FO right now as he is a great football mind that I think could only benefit whatever organization he goes to.

I give him a lot more credit as a HC and play caller than a FO guy...he screwed the pooch in CLE and they had a lot of high picks.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame Holmgren's done coaching but I respect his decision. Also while he was a good coach, no way is he better than Belichek.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame Holmgren's done coaching but I respect his decision. Also while he was a good coach, no way is he better than Belichek.
I believe he is. We can agree to disagree.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Holmgren was at his best when he just coached the team. Seahawks first game him dual roles and didn't work out well. Once he stepped down and removed his other job titles things came together rather fast.

I don't think he's the greatest HC of all time and now that Carroll has a lombardi you can't call him the best Seahawks HC either, but he was still a hell of an offensive mind and developed some serious QB's in his day. Turned a few mediocre QB's into more than they would have been as well like Hasselbeck.

I'm still just curious to know which of the other 5 teams looking for HC's actually offered him the job. Buffalo? Jets? The Raiders would be an interesting one as it's a west coast team and close to his second home and roots.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Holmgren was at his best when he just coached the team. Seahawks first game him dual roles and didn't work out well. Once he stepped down and removed his other job titles things came together rather fast.

I don't think he's the greatest HC of all time and now that Carroll has a lombardi you can't call him the best Seahawks HC either, but he was still a hell of an offensive mind and developed some serious QB's in his day. Turned a few mediocre QB's into more than they would have been as well like Hasselbeck.

I'm still just curious to know which of the other 5 teams looking for HC's actually offered him the job. Buffalo? Jets? The Raiders would be an interesting one as it's a west coast team and close to his second home and roots.
I'm sure Holmgren would want a coaching gig that gave him input into personnel acquisitions.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't beat Cowher either.

I always thought he was one step away from a coronary.

And he was absolute crap as the guy who buys the groceries.
Holmgren isn't the only person that couldn't handle dual duties as head coach/GM. I always felt he was the best offensive mind in the business and a real innovator. Cowher was blessed with coaching under a strong GM and also having elite personnel.