• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hokies SportsHoopla Bracket Challenge

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selection Sunday just isn't the same without Greenberg whining on national TV.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selection Sunday just isn't the same without Greenberg whining on national TV.

A studio show should have called him for an expert's perspective on what it's like to be on the bubble.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would do it, but its blocked at work, and its a hassle to get through all that shit on a phone

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fab Melo's dumb ass sure screwed up my bracket

Agreed. I didn't like how they matched up with Kansas State (assuming they both move beyond round 1) anyway, but now even less so. I have them getting beat by Vandy now, but I seriously had to put a lot of thought into it.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 1-0 so far.

I'm feeling a perfect bracket coming on.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-0 so far including play in games...

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I was 0-4 in the play-in games somehow. 2-0 (3-0 if L'ville holds on) so far today

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking WVU is going to ruin my perfect day so far. Reason 1,623 I hate the Mountaineers.

In other news, the Hokies are apart of March Madness! Greenberg is part of ESPN's studio crew. I just hope they don't ask for his expertise on closing out games. *sigh*

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VCU just bombed my bracket for the second year in a row.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking WVU is going to ruin my perfect day so far. Reason 1,623 I hate the Mountaineers.

Same. Though UConn is doing their fair share of screwing my bracket up too. Surprised I got so many guesses right.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm assuming everyone's bracket is sufficiently destroyed by now.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in the SportsHoopla pool but I'm reasonably intact. Still have my final 4 there and 7 of 8 elite 8 picks still in. Missouri is what hurt the most so far

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not doing too bad. Have 12 of the Sweet Sixteen and still have 7 of my Elite Eight alive (and all my final four). Though, I'm fully expecting to take a dive here shortly. I usually do okay on the opening weekend, but after that my bracket turns to dump.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that we have 5 Hokies in the top 20 of the SportsHoopla bracket on ESPN (a bunch of us are tied for 19th).

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in 2nd now in ours (although I am lacking on points remaining), but I think I forgot to actually join the main SportsHoopla bracket

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely did what I always do come bracket time... come up with my own ideas about the tourney... fill out brackets... then read some random jackwagon's take online and follow it nearly exactly to my doom.

For example, I read this right before I filled out my SportsHoopla and other brackets -
10 bold predictions about the tournament - College Basketball Nation Blog - ESPN

Hmmm let's see... he's... carry the 1... add the remainder...

0/9 thus far... and he'll need a fucking miracle to be 2/9 or 1/9 - I'm not counting #8 and I should count it against him, but it's not a game outcome like all the others.

Let's see exactly how wrong this asshole was...

1) No Big East team will reach the Final Four - Probably wrong.
Of the major conferences they did probably the best. All of their invites won their first game outside of UConn and Notre Dame (who got FUUHHHUUUHHHUUUUUUHHHHUUUUCCCCKKKEEDDD by the refs really late in their game) and they've got some serious contenders left in Syracuse, Marquette, Louisville and Cincy. In the East bracket the Big East has a 50% chance to send a team to the Final Four.

2) The Big 12 will send two squads to New Orleans: Probably Wrong
I really didn't think he was being sarcastic when he wrote "Among the 2-seeds, Missouri has the easiest path to New Orleans. The Tigers’ speed and perimeter versatility will pose matchup problems for every team in the West Region, including No. 1 seed Michigan State." I drowned drinking this cool-aid. But the prediction is still intact, albeit on life-support. Baylor is still alive and they look ok but they have to play Kentucky still (who look REALLY good) and Kansas struggled to get into the sweet-16 and have to play a very hot NC State team and probably UNC. Not looking good.

3) Vanderbilt will reach the Final Four: WRONG
I'll give him credit. They won A game.

4) Iona will win two games: WRONG
2x wrong. BYU beat them and then got SMOKED by Marquette.

5) The Badgers will go home early: WRONG
Still alive and looking impressive after beating this jackhole’s “bold” Final Four pick in Vandy. I guess in any “10 Bold” blah blahs it’s smart to double-down on predictions you feel good about. Here it looks like he split 2's and was wrong and wrong.

6) Long Beach State is a Sweet 16 team: WRONG
Just… wrong.

7) Michigan State will be the first No. 1 seed to fall: Probably Wrong
I like this quote… “Call me crazy. But I think Memphis’ athleticism will create problems for the Spartans in the third round.” I’m going to go ahead and call you crazy… since the SLU Billikins shat on Memphis and gave MSU all they could handle. He managed to sneak in another wrong prediction into an already impressively wrong list of predictions.

8) Doug McDermott will outplay Harrison Barnes on Sunday: Well… sure, I guess. But WhoTF cares?
Doesn’t count. He even says that UNC will win the game in his prediction. This prediction = teh BOLDness

9) The VCU/Wichita State winner is headed to the Sweet 16: WRONG
Did not happen. Indiana gets to be Kentucky’s next victim, not the Shockers nor Shakah “The Shocker” Smart.

10) The West Coast Conference won’t win one game: WRONG
This is another incredible many wrongs make a wrong prediction. He say “BYU will lose to Iona.” Wrong. “Saint Mary’s will go down against Purdue.” Holy shit! CORRECT!!! “West Virginia will beat Gonzaga.” Wrong. Even when he was sort of right, he’s still 2/3 wrong.

I need to start trusting myself more and the talking heads less. This year’s bracket might have been a shit show either way, but that Missouri analysis showed up in nearly all of my brackets this year. Thanks for the spot-on predictions fucktard.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, mine's total garbage. It's the worst one I've done in a few years. I can usually make it to the 2nd weekend before it goes South.