• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: HokieHoops Wk15: vs Pitt, vs #7 Miami

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3/2: VT vs Pitt, 7pmEST (ESPN3)

3/5: VT vs #7 Miami, 4pmEST (check local listings)

We close out the regular season with two home games. Both teams beat us easily before but with the game being at Cassell, that should make things a little more interesting. And if we get 1 win, we'll finish the season with a .500 record in the ACC, a great accomplishment for just being in year 2 of Buzz's tenure.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hokies win :yahoo:

Missed the game since it was online. Reading recaps it sounds like we almost gagged it away with missed FTs. Missed 10 of 15 to blow a double digit lead. The more important thing is we won. We're currently tied for 7th in the ACC.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We couldn't make FTs and we also made two head scratching turnovers at end. However, we were able to dig down on D and stop Pitt from getting the 3 to tie the game. Not sure we can beat Miami but this team has surprised me more than once this year after the slow start. We really need a win or two to get us into the NIT. Or we can just win the whole ACC tourny and go to the NCAA tournament lol

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We played some lockdown defense today. Miami got a few good looks but it was mostly them just chucking up shots. So awesome we were able to curb stomp Miami. A #7 team playing to win the regular season championship.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a crazy victory. I thought we would play Miami close since it was at home but I didn't think we'd basically control the entire game rather easily. Amazing way to close out the regular season. I'm a huge Buzz fan and thought before the season that if everything broke right, we could flirt with .500 but they even eclipsed that. That's a hell of a coaching job right there. Buzz should win COY.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a crazy victory. I thought we would play Miami close since it was at home but I didn't think we'd basically control the entire game rather easily. Amazing way to close out the regular season. I'm a huge Buzz fan and thought before the season that if everything broke right, we could flirt with .500 but they even eclipsed that. That's a hell of a coaching job right there. Buzz should win COY.
I think larranagna got it

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very impressed with the turn around and Williams as coach. While I know we'll never be UNC/Duke, I could see us getting into the top 25/top third of the ACC while threatening for the ACC title every now and then, similar to Miami's run this year. I think Williams is ahead of schedule thus far in the process, but still needs time to recruit and set a benchmark for the program to work up from, rather than down.

Who knows, a couple wins in the ACC tourney could lead to a birth in the NCAAs.