• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hogan

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it was one game (which sadly I couldn't see since I was out of state).... But should we be worried about Chris Hogan? He didn't get nearly the looks I thought he would. Granted Dorsett (who I said needed to step up in another thread) actually did and Brady threw to him....

So was it just the Texans D shutting down Hogan or is there something more here?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BigKen what's the scuttlebutt you've been hearing?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hogan was getting beat up at the line of scrimmage. They were pretty much all over him with a CB and the safety. They were willing to let Gronk pretty much have his way because if they tried anything more than a double team, then Hogan would be the 7-11 man again, always open. They were net prepared for Dorsett at all.
My guess is that the Jags are going to play him a bit tighter and try to take Gronk away.

Watch out for Coleman. If this guy decides that he wants to play up to his ability and decides that playing with Brady will be his meal ticket, he will have over 100 catches and 1000 yards by Christmas. I Guarantee....

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hogan was getting beat up at the line of scrimmage. They were pretty much all over him with a CB and the safety. They were willing to let Gronk pretty much have his way because if they tried anything more than a double team, then Hogan would be the 7-11 man again, always open. They were net prepared for Dorsett at all.
My guess is that the Jags are going to play him a bit tighter and try to take Gronk away.

Watch out for Coleman. If this guy decides that he wants to play up to his ability and decides that playing with Brady will be his meal ticket, he will have over 100 catches and 1000 yards by Christmas. I Guarantee....

Thank you for the insight Big! Wish I could have seen the game... I know the "experts" are saying not to panic about Hogan and it's only week 1 but I was really expecting more from him...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for the insight Big! Wish I could have seen the game... I know the "experts" are saying not to panic about Hogan and it's only week 1 but I was really expecting more from him...
As soon as Edelman returns we'll see the old Hogan. Like Ken said the Texans planned to take away one of Brady's binki's and it worked. But they couldn't contain Gronk or Dorsett. Hopefully you get to see a replay of the game. Brady made some great throws especially to Gronk. One of them over the middle with two defenders on him. Hit him in stride right in the numbers into one of the smallest windows I've ever seen Brady throw that 15-20 yard pass.

Oh and they had no answer for the new secret weapon Develin. 4-4 on targets/catches:lol: BB finding ways to hurt you.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Edelman comes back will we really see the old Hogan? I mean we Julian back I would think he'd get less touches/opportunities... But I am certainly hoping you are right @NWPATSFAN

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Edelman comes back will we really see the old Hogan? I mean we Julian back I would think he'd get less touches/opportunities... But I am certainly hoping you are right @NWPATSFAN

Well we got to see a little flash of the old Hogan today in a very disappointing loss.

They need Cannon back ASAP. Waddle was getting beat like a drum again and against a D like the Jags no way you win with terrible Oline play like that.

NE won the turn over battle and lost again:mad2:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we got to see a little flash of the old Hogan today in a very disappointing loss.

They need Cannon back ASAP. Waddle was getting beat like a drum again and against a D like the Jags no way you win with terrible Oline play like that.

NE won the turn over battle and lost again:mad2:

Brady also has to protect the ball. Now I know that wasn't truly on him but he has to have better awareness out there. Wonder how he (Hogan) will gel with Gordon now

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady also has to protect the ball. Now I know that wasn't truly on him but he has to have better awareness out there. Wonder how he (Hogan) will gel with Gordon now

I hate to say it but I have a bad feeling about this Gordon signing. I hope I'm wrong:hope:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it but I have a bad feeling about this Gordon signing. I hope I'm wrong:hope:

if he doesn't work out then it won't really matter... It's a 5th rounder

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon knows that this is his last stop. If BB can't get him to follow the line and drink the kool aid, no one can. Gordon was not happy in Cleveland and the staff in Cleveland are all worried about keeping their jobs. That does not make for a good relationship and Gordon was too immature to figure out how to deal with it. The Cleveland staff isn't much better.

If he decides to do what it takes to excel, he has the coaching staff and quarterback to take him to the top of his craft. It's totally up to Josh Gordon.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon knows that this is his last stop. If BB can't get him to follow the line and drink the kool aid, no one can. Gordon was not happy in Cleveland and the staff in Cleveland are all worried about keeping their jobs. That does not make for a good relationship and Gordon was too immature to figure out how to deal with it. The Cleveland staff isn't much better.

If he decides to do what it takes to excel, he has the coaching staff and quarterback to take him to the top of his craft. It's totally up to Josh Gordon.

His issues had nothing to do with the Cleveland Browns staff. He has been doing drugs since middle school. He was known to mix xanax and weed clear back then. College he got kicked off Baylor because of his drug use. So again if you are going to say the Browns staff was part of the problem that comes with no understanding of his past then.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I was saying the Patriots only gave up a 5th to get him... So that's nothing
....and if he fails the Pats will have given up a 5th, but receive Gordon and a 7th.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and if he fails the Pats will have given up a 5th, but receive Gordon and a 7th.

Well really if he fails they pretty much receive a 7th. That would mean Gordon didn't do anything or got kicked off the team.