• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Hockey Bar; Overpriced Umburgers and Cheap Shots - PIT @ CBJ 7PM EST

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have some cool graphics and in-depth analysis but I am not a blogger and whenever I search for pictures it only comes back with pictures of cats.

Pens come in with their third game in 4 nights and they have decidedly been struggling of late. The Injury bug continues to chew the Pens harder than any other team. Marcel Goc is added to the emergency ward after last game. Beau Bennet is called up. Pens need one point to lock up top spot in the metro and Pens fans do typically travel well to Columbus for weekend games. And they are 4-0 against the Jackets this season.

The Jackets got a huge gift last night when the Wings lost, and need to take care of business and keep earning any points they can. They've had 2 days off since a big and emotional win against Detroit. They are moderately healthy, except in the most important place. Bobrovsky was on the ice today but got sick again. Curtis Mcilhenny gets the start.

This is also a potential preview of the first round matchup. SOOO much to fight for tonight. Should be a good one. I would give just about anything to be in that building tonight.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wxasz.jpg

OK. Maybe just 2 or 3.

Great title BTW. :thumb:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck tonight, Forty Three

Don't forget about the new in-season rule change that was made Wednesday night. When a goal is scored, goalie interference is now reviewable in the NHL to see if it counts or not.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good road period by the Pens. They took away time and closed down shooting lanes which left the Jackets running around and bunching on the puck. Couple of times there were pucks laying in open space and no Jacket there to get to it. Because the Pens funneled the forwards away from that open area.

I think the Pens might be in trouble if the Jackets keep the energy up, because there were a few times that Pens players were pushed off their feet when you wouldn't expect them to have been. They look to have some tired legs.

I like the way Tanner Glass plays hockey. And Scuderi is... he's fucking good.

And, as has been happening a lot of late, the refs are eating mushrooms and seeing shit that ain't happening. I've gone back on the DVR three times and I cannot see where Atkinson was held by Despres.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anything better than two motivated teams cleanly going at it?

I don't think there is.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, awesome thread title.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am worried my thread title chased off all the Pens fans.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Boss would say, winner of this third period wins the game

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're such a bully.

:D

My original concept was Shattuck St Mary's pillow fight rematch.

Anyhoo, Congrats on punching your ticket to the dance Pens. Good hard fought game on both sides. You almost wish there could be handshakes afterward. No cheapness, no dirty play. Just good, hard nosed hockey.

And ultimately, it comes down to the difference between a goalie who's won a cup and one who has never risen above backup. Like Patrick Roy said; you have to stop 90 out of 100 to be considered "good enough". The difference between good and great is how many of the other 10 you get too. Tonight, Fleury was great. Mcilhenny was just good.

Jackets showed a lot of heart, and they never quit despite being punched in the mouth quickly there (47 seconds worth). Looking at the number of points they'll need and the remaining schedule I wasn't really expecting any to come from this game. Regroup and get revenge on Carolina, boys!

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanner Glass goin' to celebrate and rock out at the Newport tonight.

Then to Mean Mister Mustard's...... (if it's still there)

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Jackets played a great game considering Bob wasn't in goal. Who knows, maybe Sergei starts and the BJ's win 1-0. It will be a great finish for those final two wild cards.

You think Bob starts tomorrow, 43?

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Jackets played a great game considering Bob wasn't in goal. Who knows, maybe Sergei starts and the BJ's win 1-0. It will be a great finish for those final two wild cards.

You think Bob starts tomorrow, 43?

He tried to convince Richards to let him play tonight, but he was still a bit dehydrated and worn out. I guess it all depends on how he feels tomorrow. They need him for sure.

Not sure the Jackets would have won with him in net, but you could just feel the air leave the Jackets lungs on the first goal, which directly led to them tightening up and giving the odd man on the second. It a big weakness, the way the team feels in front of Tabasco.

HUGE WIN, Pens!!! :yahoo:

:rollseyes:

You're cute. Predictable, but cute. You want to feel so persecuted that you go out of your way to make yourself so. Why do you doobedoobedo that?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He tried to convince Richards to let him play tonight, but he was still a bit dehydrated and worn out. I guess it all depends on how he feels tomorrow. They need him for sure.

Not sure the Jackets would have won with him in net, but you could just feel the air leave the Jackets lungs on the first goal, which directly led to them tightening up and giving the odd man on the second. It a big weakness, the way the team feels in front of Tabasco.

:rollseyes:

You're cute. Predictable, but cute. You want to feel so persecuted that you go out of your way to make yourself so. Why do you doobedoobedo that?

Same way you come into my GDT and troll it, and let me guess, your blogger and picture comment was a shot at me as well? Mature, bro.