• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hire a new GM and HC

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap I totally misread old lions post. I thought he was talking about Ragnow.
Bevell has been okay this year.
But if you remember, Cooter took the world by storm the first year he was in Detroit as well.

I was watching the SEA game last night. I like the 6 o-lineman offense. They realized their first 5 o-lineman sucked so just threw another one in to get holes opened in the running game instead of drafting a TE in the top 10.

Its true for both actually.

We actually need another G and have Joe Dahl go back to being an H back.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still think Caldwell would be an excellent GM. Lions need to hire an owner that gives a shit about football.

He would have to be better than he was as a HC. Got lucky with Staff in his prime and with Peyton but outside of that he sucked at every level of coaching.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So whats more like MP gets canned or Quinn gives his buddy a nice fat contract extension that the Fords will be paying for long after MP and BQ are gone.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glover Quin questions if Detroit Lions can rebound under Matt Patricia’s style

“Right now they’re struggling. They’re struggling and it’s not a great situation,” Quin said on the podcast.

Quin is not only concerned about where they are right now, but he thinks under head coach Matt Patricia, they may not be able to fight out of their current rut.

“It’s not a situation where like—I don’t know if they can fight out of it right now, because I don’t know if the love and the like for Patricia’s style makes the players want to fight out of it,” Quin said. “I think they’re to the point to where it’s like, ‘Man, we’re 3-and-8, 9, it’s cold out here. We’ve got four games left. Let’s just get this thing over with.’”

BB_72: That's right Glover. Tell it like it is.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glover Quin questions if Detroit Lions can rebound under Matt Patricia’s style

“Right now they’re struggling. They’re struggling and it’s not a great situation,” Quin said on the podcast.

Quin is not only concerned about where they are right now, but he thinks under head coach Matt Patricia, they may not be able to fight out of their current rut.

“It’s not a situation where like—I don’t know if they can fight out of it right now, because I don’t know if the love and the like for Patricia’s style makes the players want to fight out of it,” Quin said. “I think they’re to the point to where it’s like, ‘Man, we’re 3-and-8, 9, it’s cold out here. We’ve got four games left. Let’s just get this thing over with.’”

BB_72: That's right Glover. Tell it like it is.

What about Jason Garrett in 2020? Seems like a good follow up from Patricia.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IDK about him. He just doesn't appear to have that mentality to get his players ready for games consistently. In game management can be a cause for concern also.

As much as I despise Urban Meyer as a human being (he's a P.O.S. in my eyes), I'd rather him be the HC as he has that killer instinct, game awareness and mentality. (until he has an owie somewhere).

Please, no Jimmy Harbaugh as HC.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK about him. He just doesn't appear to have that mentality to get his players ready for games consistently.

As much as I despise Urban Meyer as a human being (he's a P.O.S. in my eyes), I'd rather him be the HC as he has that killer instinct, game awareness and mentality. (until he has an owie somewhere).

Definitely. I’d take Urban or Harbs in a heartbeat. 1-2 on my list for sure. Garrett just seems like an attainable candidate. Not sure we can land the cream of the crop.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions should hire a competent GM and then let him make the decision on a new head coach.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Examining team culture for the Lions at the end of the season

This week on PODcast:

• Updating the Lions draft position. They now sit at fifth, and we discuss the scenarios that could take place in the final three weeks that could see them move up even higher.
  • If the Lions keep trending up in the draft, do you trade down... or, perhaps, even trade up to make sure the team can snag Chase Young?
  • Glover Quin brings up the dreaded “culture” topic for the Lions, reigniting an old debate between Jeremy and myself about what it all means for the locker room. How checked in are the Lions players right now?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will never find an honest article like the following coming from mouth to pen when it's 20man or O'Hara with the Detroit lions.com

I assumed it was written by Carlos Monarrez who has pretty much taken over the Drew Sharpe role once he passed on. It was written by Jeff Seidel

Martha Ford, listen up: Detroit Lions are getting buried by excuses, Matt Patricia and Bob Quinn

arguably my favorite quote from Seidel even though all 9 responses by him are legitimate and to the point correct.

Excuse No. 9: Switching coaches and general managers every year dooms you to failure.

I can’t disagree at all. But let me repeat, this is Year 4 for Quinn. And this team is 15-24-1 since Oct. 8, 2017.

Running an organization on hope — just hoping things will turn around next season — seems like a far bigger long-term risk.

So that's nine excuses, which is an important number. Remember when 9-7 wasn't good enough? Yes, it's important to keep repeating that. Because now this team is nowhere near nine wins, but it has nine excuses.

Which sounds like one heck of a con job, Mrs. Ford.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse No. 9: Switching coaches and general managers every year dooms you to failure.

Yup only kept Caldwell around that first year to extend his(BQ) tenure. I did want Caldwell gone his sandbagger style was fucking infuriating, but making him a lame duck was complete BS no way he should have got fired after a 9-7 season.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will never find an honest article like the following coming from mouth to pen when it's 20man or O'Hara with the Detroit lions.com

I assumed it was written by Carlos Monarrez who has pretty much taken over the Drew Sharpe role once he passed on. It was written by Jeff Seidel

Martha Ford, listen up: Detroit Lions are getting buried by excuses, Matt Patricia and Bob Quinn

arguably my favorite quote from Seidel even though all 9 responses by him are legitimate and to the point correct.

I can’t disagree at all. But let me repeat, this is Year 4 for Quinn. And this team is 15-24-1 since Oct. 8, 2017.

Running an organization on hope — just hoping things will turn around next season — seems like a far bigger long-term risk.

So that's nine excuses, which is an important number. Remember when 9-7 wasn't good enough? Yes, it's important to keep repeating that. Because now this team is nowhere near nine wins, but it has nine excuses.

Which sounds like one heck of a con job, Mrs. Ford.

And what did we get for those 9 win seasons? (Hint: the same thing we will get this season)
upload_2019-12-10_8-45-0.jpeg

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was thinking that too.
My only fear is him becoming another Caldwell.
But getting a coach with experience is important.
Tired of Detroit being a typical "break in house" for new coaches to fail and learn their mistakes.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse No. 3: The Lions have had a ton of injuries.

Just like every other team in the NFL. And they had even more against the Vikings.

“We’ve got a lot of new guys out there every week,” Patricia said.

Get out the violins again. Because of those injuries, the excuse makers say, the Lions’ record isn’t reflective of this team.

[ Add Bo Scarbrough to the growing list of Detroit Lions injuries ]

“We don’t look at our record and say this is what we are,” he said. “We try to figure out how to get the record to match up with what we are.”

Wait a second, what? That’s just crazy talk. Save the con job for when you are talking to Mrs. Ford.

You are what your record says it is, to quote ... I don’t know, every coach who has ever lived.

Yes, this team has had injuries. But this team couldn’t win when Matthew Stafford was playing well.

This is one of the main excuses every year.
Oh we got some injuries. Oh let's wait till next year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the main excuses every year.
Oh we got some injuries. Oh let's wait till next year.

Injuries have killed this team for the simple fact that behind the starters you have little in replacement level players.

Our LB corps wouldn't be no.1 starters on any other team in this league outside of injury.

I get all the talk of some of the other teams are winning that have injuries but what about all that talent, on paper, that the Browns have or the Falcons or the Cowboys or the Panthers. What's their excuse ?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Staff means pretty much no wins. 3-5 became 3-9 real quick. Driskell was serviceable and might of had a chance to win a game or 2. Blough is living up to his name. I would be surprised if we won a game with him.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only guy that needs to be fired before Patricia, is Quinn.

Back to back seasons of the worst attendance in Ford Field history prove the Lions don't even care if they make money. Also proves Lions fans aren't as dumb as we look.