• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hilarious proof that recruiting stars aren't based off of scouting/evaluation...

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you actually believe coaches recruiting for big time schools rely on these that much? Better players get offers from better schools, so (here comes the real shocker) these recruiting sites will up their stars if offered by one of these better schools
"rely" - no. But it would be kinda silly to not use them in some way; right? You have hundreds of people around the country who are paid to scout and evaluate recruits. Why wouldn't use use at least some of the information they're gathering? My guess is that most athletic departments and most recruiting coordinators do use information from the recruiting sites. How they use them and what they do with them is probably differs radically by school and coach.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"rely" - no. But it would be kinda silly to not use them in some way; right? You have hundreds of people around the country who are paid to scout and evaluate recruits. Why wouldn't use use at least some of the information they're gathering? My guess is that most athletic departments and most recruiting coordinators do use information from the recruiting sites. How they use them and what they do with them is probably differs radically by school and coach.

Yes that's why I put "that much" I'm sure they pay attention to them but if they are using them more than cursory help they probably won't be at their position long

SnoopHawg

CJK5H@SMU
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,039.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honors, I know you enjoy dining with the coaches, players, recruits. Have you considered some sort of star rating system for their appetite, table manners, etc.?
He already has one for Taco bell.