• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

hes gone

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fire & Ice - Report: Parise to test UFA market

just stupid it really is. all the time in the world to extend the guy but nope lets wait til 2 days before ufa to start talking? also with marty have they even opened talks?

dont care what you say about it but lou dropped the ball if parise walks.....yes i am predicting he walks away. hopefully i eat crow

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
for the record too if marty leaves i think its his own fault.....hes 40 years old im not sure the deal he is looking for but he should only be getting a 1 year deal at something like 2.5 million.

if another team wants to give him more then that so be it. i wish him luck playing on the leafs getting torched every night...guy has it made in the shade here if he doesnt realize that o well...let him go out like ed belfour did

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Cup is back to normal

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
hey tilo! whats up bro!

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the record too if marty leaves i think its his own fault.....hes 40 years old im not sure the deal he is looking for but he should only be getting a 1 year deal at something like 2.5 million.

if another team wants to give him more then that so be it. i wish him luck playing on the leafs getting torched every night...guy has it made in the shade here if he doesnt realize that o well...let him go out like ed belfour did

I can see Chicago signing him for 2 or 3 years at around 5 mill.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire & Ice - Report: Parise to test UFA market

just stupid it really is. all the time in the world to extend the guy but nope lets wait til 2 days before ufa to start talking? also with marty have they even opened talks?

dont care what you say about it but lou dropped the ball if parise walks.....yes i am predicting he walks away. hopefully i eat crow

+1 This will be a sad day for Devils fans.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we end up losing both of these guys it will hurt for sure but its nothing that we cant overcome..I love Parise , moreso as a captain and person then a player but either way I think he's great. But if he goes Id want Lou to go after a winger that can actually create his own shot...wait let me edit that. His own GOAL.

Too much of Parise's scoring reminds me of how Gionta used to be here..constant tip-in's off deflections or great setups by Zajac.

I just hope he doesnt sign with the Flyers , Rags or Pens..if he's gone then let him rot in Minny.

Marty on the other hand I think its a pure hardball move to get a 2nd or even 3rd year outta Lou..if he leaves then its on Lou. You do not lose a legend even at this stage of his career.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sitting at home waiting for the shoe to drop.... this really pisses me off that Marty might leave, I never in a million years would have thought it possible... as for Zach I've been bracing myself for this one for a while now but it's still gonna hurt like hell

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sitting at home waiting for the shoe to drop.... this really pisses me off that Marty might leave, I never in a million years would have thought it possible... as for Zach I've been bracing myself for this one for a while now but it's still gonna hurt like hell

+1 I never thought Marty would even entertain the thought of playing anywhere else. Zach will make me sick, just don't let it be in our division. If you leave, Go West young man

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dont know what we will get out of Marty production wise next year... he will be 41... he had a great run for us but eventually it will be time to hang it up. We need to start thinking about the future for goalie... Marty will not be here forever. All the soft goals allowed I think will just increase as his age takes toll. He is not a young fast reflex goalie anymore. Now he can still play, but for how long? I love all that he is done and I really think if we would have not been screwed by the refs... I mean if we would have won the cup then I think he would have retired on top.... thats why I think it is silly if he thinks he should get more than 1 or 2 years from us....

Parise... I just dont know... I think he is gone... just think of the money we will free up if Marty and Parise walk... LOL.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i agree if marty wants more then 2 years...and thats a big gift imo 2 years then screw him and good luck to whatever team signs him for 2+ years.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose one or both, do we go after Nash/Suter if they're still there? We have to get somebody back thats worth a damn to continue to compete.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
problem is Parise is asking for 24 million up front still not over devils still in the picture IMO if zach leaves its on zach

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's saying all the right things about wanting to stay, like Kovy did. But like Kovy, I don't trust a word he says.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's saying all the right things about wanting to stay, like Kovy did. But like Kovy, I don't trust a word he says.

This. x1000

Parise seems like a good guy, but the fact is...I don't personally know him. So his "word" is meaningless to me. Let's see what he does and then I will judge that.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The longer it goes the more it seems like it's about $ with Parise and years with Marty... I hope there isn't a team in the league willing to give Marty a 3 year deal, if anyone thinks he will play all 3 is crazy

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we made Parise's short list lol... along with the Pens, Wild, Red Wings and Flyers according to Bob McKenzie

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby Ryan wears #9.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A few things:

- Parise stated that he wanted to decompress after the finals. Hence why they waited until the last week.

- Lou doesn't have the ability to give more money than JVB has.

- Parise wants what we gave Kovy.