• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's your P5 conference payouts for 2018

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True, but two of those leagues will be affected because all their teams haven't invested their money
in football.

The ACC has the same issue, but it also has an inferior deal than the Big 4 leagues.

The ACC was never a part of the original drafting of the Playoff system. Those leagues believed that
FSU, Miami, Clemson and VPI would bolt to somebody else. It was intended to be a P4 League set-up.
The ACC was added at the end, because nobody else bolted from the league.

FWIW...I doubted VPI bolting and I believed that Clemson would never bolt. Ga Tech, OTOH, would
bolt in a heartbeat if we went somewhere else and needed a partner. Miami will also go where FSU
goes.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt tier 3 rights are included in that.

You are correct, Tier 3 rights not included in the conference payouts.

3rd tier rights money is included in Outofyourmind post #4.

3rd tier rights for west virginia was $6,666,667 unless that has changed recently.

Last edited:

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt tier 3 rights are included in that.
\

Texas $86,180,263
Oklahoma $54,785,533
Kansas $45,958,547
Ok State $45,333,722
Iowa State $44,522,437
K State $44,144,409
Texas tech $42,883,884
West Virginia $42,509,246

Those are the Rights and Licensing revenue numbers from FY 2017 for the Big 12. Baylor and TCU are not subject to FOIA requests. Those numbers include conference payouts and Tier 3 monies.

TCUs numbers will change to the better because their idiot AD at the time signed a tier 3 contract for $2,000,000 and that contract expired after FY 2017. I have not bothered to look up the new one since I am getting old and my TCU contact retired and moved away from the State of Texas.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
\

Texas $86,180,263
Oklahoma $54,785,533
Kansas $45,958,547
Ok State $45,333,722
Iowa State $44,522,437
K State $44,144,409
Texas tech $42,883,884
West Virginia $42,509,246

Those are the Rights and Licensing revenue numbers from FY 2017 for the Big 12. Baylor and TCU are not subject to FOIA requests. Those numbers include conference payouts and Tier 3 monies.

TCUs numbers will change to the better because their idiot AD at the time signed a tier 3 contract for $2,000,000 and that contract expired after FY 2017. I have not bothered to look up the new one since I am getting old and my TCU contact retired and moved away from the State of Texas.

That’s really not that bad for having only 1 of the top 30 media markets in a B12 area.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but two of those leagues will be affected because all their teams haven't invested their money
in football.

The ACC has the same issue, but it also has an inferior deal than the Big 4 leagues.

The ACC was never a part of the original drafting of the Playoff system. Those leagues believed that
FSU, Miami, Clemson and VPI would bolt to somebody else. It was intended to be a P4 League set-up.
The ACC was added at the end, because nobody else bolted from the league.

FWIW...I doubted VPI bolting and I believed that Clemson would never bolt. Ga Tech, OTOH, would
bolt in a heartbeat if we went somewhere else and needed a partner. Miami will also go where FSU
goes.

Clemson was prepared to leave if the ACC invited UConn instead of Louisville.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Nebraska boards, I wrote a thread how the big money is made in Federal Research Dollars.

Nebraska has made more money on an increase in its Federal Research Dollars ONLY, than nine of the ten Big 12 teams made in conferences payouts plus their increase(or decrease) in federal Reseach Dollars.

If you add in Nebraska's B1G Conference payouts to their research dollars, it quickly becomes obvious, Nebraska's move to the B1G is a huge financial success. Can it be translated to academic success and athletic success? check back in 2031 to see if there is any change that gives it 20 years to see the true impact on academics. Athletics is an easier change if you cane hire the right coach. Such as, John Cook, Head Coach of Women's Volleyball.

The University of Texas is on an entirely different level of any school in America for Federal Research Dollars(yes, more than Johns Hopkins) if you include all their satellite schools. Remember, research dollars pretty much all have to be administered and all that administering happens in Austin. UT Austin, just like any other corporation, gets their share of the monies even if the money is earmarked for Brownsville.

University of Texas at Arlington
University of Texas at Dallas
University of Texas at El Paso
University of Texas at Rio Grande Valley
University of Texas at San Antonio
University of Texas at Tyler
University of Texas of the Permian Basin
University of Texas Health East Texas
University of Texas Health San Antonio
University of Texas health Science Center San Antonio(this was involved in some sort of deal with University of Houston and the administration of UT on land, not sure if it was a win win or just a win for Texas and screw Houston)
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School
University of Texas at Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine