• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's the Frigg'n Thing

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With as many picks as the Broncos have - and with the cap space they are working with - it is entirely impossible to hazard a guess about what they are going to do. I'm not sure they know. What's coming is a whole bunch of new Broncos.

So the Frigg'n thing is too much of a mess to make intelligent commentary. It will be interesting - if there is a plan - if we will be able to discern the actually unfolding of the 2020 Bronco's player acquisition plan. Or, we may find out Elway and Fangio have decided to wing it this year.

May guess:

1) I'm thinking more dollars go into the FA market for Defensive players -and the reverse being more draft picks will be offensive players. My theory is that Fangio - will know the guys he wants for particular roles and those players will want to play for him so deals get done. Mostly on D since that's what Fangio is famous four. On the other hand - Shumur might like to the low salary of fresh college talent from the draft to compliment the skill positions.

2) I expect Munchek will be like Fangio and go for players he thinks can man his systems and those players will gravitate towards him. Some FAs here on the Oline and some late round draft picks.

3) The way the QBs are stacking up - it looks like a very quality player will be available at 15. I don't think I would trade up or down in this position, but the Broncos probably will trade up or down.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway tipped his hat somewhat on the draft IMO and so Did Fangio.

Elway pointed out that Bolles will have to wait until the draft is over to see if his 5th-year option will be picked up. If I was Bolles my ears would be perked

Fangio was talking WR and he seemed to think that if you want a WR this year you better not mess around he thinks there is going to be a run on them in the first round.

Also, us snooping around at the first pick does not bold well for Miller IMO. and yes I could be wrong on this.

Fangio likes bigger and stronger OLBers

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With as many picks as the Broncos have - and with the cap space they are working with - it is entirely impossible to hazard a guess about what they are going to do. I'm not sure they know. What's coming is a whole bunch of new Broncos.

So the Frigg'n thing is too much of a mess to make intelligent commentary. It will be interesting - if there is a plan - if we will be able to discern the actually unfolding of the 2020 Bronco's player acquisition plan. Or, we may find out Elway and Fangio have decided to wing it this year.

May guess:

1) I'm thinking more dollars go into the FA market for Defensive players -and the reverse being more draft picks will be offensive players. My theory is that Fangio - will know the guys he wants for particular roles and those players will want to play for him so deals get done. Mostly on D since that's what Fangio is famous four. On the other hand - Shumur might like to the low salary of fresh college talent from the draft to compliment the skill positions.

2) I expect Munchek will be like Fangio and go for players he thinks can man his systems and those players will gravitate towards him. Some FAs here on the Oline and some late round draft picks.

3) The way the QBs are stacking up - it looks like a very quality player will be available at 15. I don't think I would trade up or down in this position, but the Broncos probably will trade up or down.

Benjamin Allbright recently tweeted out that the Broncos plan to spend big on the defensive side of the ball and use the draft to fill out the offense. So they do have a plan just a matter of what players they are going after and where they decide to spend big and where they go bargain shopping. Sounds like they plan on investing heavily in the secondary especially after Fangio's recent comment about them playing a ton of 6-defensive back formations and well right now they have Simmons, Jackson, and Callahan. So need at least 3 more quality players for the secondary to feel good about it.

The other area they talked about at the Combine in spending money is the DL. It is a very deep group so makes me think they will show patience in waiting for a player of talent to line up contract wise.

If they do spend on the OL I doubt it is for a high quality starter like Scherff. I think they will go bargain bin shopping and find some guys that Munchak feels like he can work with.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO NT is still a huge need to push the pocket back