• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's An Offseason Question Of The Day

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it took me a while to spit out what I meant.
I mise read shit all the time it could very easily be me. During this time absolutely hospitals needn't be Hospice. But by default that's sort of what they do.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One family lost their 5th unvaxxed family member and they're still saying Covid is a scam. That's fucking nuts.
Just call it what it is... The same way Darwin did 150+ years ago...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a hospital has limited beds for COVID cases should vaccinated persons have priority over unvaccinated persons?

Yes.

I am totally cool with people not being vaxxed but the hospitals are overridden with Covid cases and the beds should go first to the people that tried to do their part.

My sister is a doctor in MA and she says their hospital is getting crushed by unvaxxed people showing up and being seriously ill and dying. One family lost their 5th unvaxxed family member and they're still saying Covid is a scam. That's fucking nuts.
Let me throw a wrench into this:

One bed left for either the vaccinated fat, type 2 diabetic smoker or the unvaxxed person who is very fit outside of the covid symptoms? Both risk dying if they don't get hospital care.

Who gets the bed and a chance for a longer life?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One bed left for either the vaccinated fat, type 2 diabetic smoker or the unvaxxed person who is very fit outside of the covid symptoms? Both risk dying if they don't get hospital care.

Haha! Can I vote "none of the above" and let an overworked nurse use the bed for a nap?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee, the told me if I got vaccinated I wouldn't get Covid. So why are vaccinated people showing up at hospitals? For the food?
They told me I'd be far less likely of dying or of any serious condition. They didn't tell me there was zero chance at all.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Vaxxer

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee, the told me if I got vaccinated I wouldn't get Covid. So why are vaccinated people showing up at hospitals? For the food?
No one told you, you would not get COVID, that's what you chose to believe

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's look at what else is being affected by filling the beds with non-vaccinated people.

1. People with other illnesses or problems can't get beds. Many people have died because they couldn't get a bed, basically couldn't get treated. So hospitals are actually denying treatment to people who are sick.

2. Surgeries are limited because of the rampant spread of the disease and filling beds with infected people increases the amout of free floating virus in the hospital.

Of course there's always the money thing. The U.S. Gov't pays for all Covid Treatment.They may not admit it, but hospitals ike charging the government $10,000 for a bottle of saline and $25,000 a day for a ventilator. It's a hell of lot mire profitable that dealing with an insurance company that will review all charges and only pay what the hospital negotiated rates are.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is exactly my point!

The guy that has been busting his ass his entire life to stay healthy.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And chose not to vaccinate doesn't much like he is trying to stay healthy to me.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me this has zero to do with a specific physical condition of any person it's more about people that chose not to vaccinate wanting priority over people that did. There are all kinds of reasons a person may not be in great physical condition some medical some not. But you make a conscious decision not to vaccinate you accept the risk that COVID can hit you very very hard. It's unreasonable at that point for medical staff to accept them over a person who chose to vaccinate and it's unreasonable for that person to think they should get the same treatment. We are talking specially about available beds for persons with COVID. I also don't feel we should fund treatment centers for addicts or alcoholics they chose to that life style just as anti vaxxers chose their life style

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's shift to a new question. FYI not sure I will do this every day but for Poops and Giggles I will run with if for a while.

Do you feel Senators and Congressmen should be restricted to the same term limits as the President? And do you feel the pension for life perk should be removed from those positions?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And chose not to vaccinate doesn't much like he is trying to stay healthy to me.
Vaccines have different effects on different people. Sometimes with deadly consequences. Sometimes just life changing. sometimes only debilitating.

We could all be so lucky to just be perfect.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vaccines have different effects on different people. Sometimes with deadly consequences. Sometimes just life changing. sometimes only debilitating.

We could all be so lucky to just be perfect.
So this is Risk vs Reward for you? They choose not to take the risk but still want the reward, doesn't seem okay to me? The vaccine based on percentage has had very minimal side effects.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me this has zero to do with a specific physical condition of any person it's more about people that chose not to vaccinate wanting priority over people that did. There are all kinds of reasons a person may not be in great physical condition some medical some not. But you make a conscious decision not to vaccinate you accept the risk that COVID can hit you very very hard. It's unreasonable at that point for medical staff to accept them over a person who chose to vaccinate and it's unreasonable for that person to think they should get the same treatment. We are talking specially about available beds for persons with COVID. I also don't feel we should fund treatment centers for addicts or alcoholics they chose to that life style just as anti vaxxers chose their life style

I specifically tried to frame this as two irresponsible people with different irresponsible choices. We're facing health crises everyday that go beyond covid, started before covid, and unfortunately will continue after covid. If two people make poor choices that contribute to an overall crisis, isn't it difficult to decide who's was worse... Seems like congratulating a drug addict for skipping a day of drugs. In this situation, the chronically unhealthy person made a choice for the vaccine which, relative to all of his choices, is easy to do.

To me @sharkymcwrath had the best response (kick'em both to the curb)... I'm not trying to sway anyone, just trying to point out the concept has wrinkles.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's shift to a new question. FYI not sure I will do this every day but for Poops and Giggles I will run with if for a while.

Do you feel Senators and Congressmen should be restricted to the same term limits as the President? And do you feel the pension for life perk should be removed from those positions?
I'll answer on the giggles days and skip the "for poops" days... I eat oatmeal for that...

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is Risk vs Reward for you?
For me? Risk vs risk... I don't see a rewad either way. I got my shots.
They choose not to take the risk but still want the reward, doesn't seem okay to me? The vaccine based on percentage has had very minimal side effects.
Unless you are the "Other" percentage. Then it can have very major effects.