• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's An Offseason Question Of The Day

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a hospital has limited beds for COVID cases should vaccinated persons have priority over unvaccinated persons?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a hospital has limited beds for COVID cases should vaccinated persons have priority over unvaccinated persons?
No.
Those that are worse off should get the bed.
In really troubling times, triage says those that can be saved get the beds.

Triage done by an qualified unbiased doctor.

Not a coin flip.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, at point you'd be grading someone based on their opinion and though all people aren't equally smart, they are equal.

Should we deny smokers healthcare too? More people died in each of the past two years from smoking related causes than Covid.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.
Those that are worse off should get the bed.
In really troubling times, triage says those that can be saved get the beds.

Triage done by an qualified unbiased doctor.

Not a coin flip.
See now I disagree, I feel the vaccinated should have the priority. They chose to take steps to protect themselves and the vaccine will likely make them more susceptible to a recovery if treated. You didn't want the vaccine, fine your choice lead you down your path of destruction.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See now I disagree, I feel the vaccinated should have the priority. They chose to take steps to protect themselves and the vaccine will likely make them more susceptible to a recovery if treated. You didn't want the vaccine, fine your choice lead you down your path of destruction.
I also have had the vaccine.

But if my symptoms are not as severe, give the bed to someone whose suffering greater, regardless of vaccine status.
Simply because there are more to the vaccine status than political affiliation.

Hospice is a different place all together.

On the flip side, I am not a big believer in Narcan. One time.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes.

I am totally cool with people not being vaxxed but the hospitals are overridden with Covid cases and the beds should go first to the people that tried to do their part.

My sister is a doctor in MA and she says their hospital is getting crushed by unvaxxed people showing up and being seriously ill and dying. One family lost their 5th unvaxxed family member and they're still saying Covid is a scam. That's fucking nuts.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

I am totally cool with people not being vaxxed but the hospitals are overridden with Covid cases and the beds should go first to the people that tried to do their part.

My sister is a doctor in MA and she says their hospital is getting crushed by unvaxxed people showing up and being seriously ill and dying. One family lost their 5th unvaxxed family member and they're still saying Covid is a scam. That's fucking nuts.
Again...a hospital is not hospice.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, at point you'd be grading someone based on their opinion and though all people aren't equally smart, they are equal.

Should we deny smokers healthcare too? More people died in each of the past two years from smoking related causes than Covid.

We should not deny them but I'm all for them paying way higher insurance rates and the rest of us getting a discount.

I've never been a "sin tax" advocate but I am a believer in fat fucks and smokers covering the cost of their insurance instead of the rest of us that made better choices. Currently, it's the healthy people that made better choices that are covering the costs for everybody else.

I have good insurance through my employer but I have to pay for my wife and kid. They're an additional $1,600 per month and they barely ever use it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also have had the vaccine.

But if my symptoms are not as severe, give the bed to someone whose suffering greater, regardless of vaccine status.
Simply because there are more to the vaccine status than political affiliation.

Hospice is a different place all together.

On the flip side, I am not a big believer in Narcan. One time.
The question implies both the vaccinated and unvaccinated require hospitalization they both are in need of medical attention The greater possibility of saving a life is more likely to occur with the vaccinated person the decision to allow that person a bed is more about saving a life and not about how comfortable one may or may not be. The vaccinated person chose to protect his or her self based not on politics but medical science, the unvaccinated persons tend to not be vaccinated due to politics.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is the smoker vaccinated and at the hospital for COVID treatment?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should not deny them but I'm all for them paying way higher insurance rates and the rest of us getting a discount.

I've never been a "sin tax" advocate but I am a believer in fat fucks and smokers covering the cost of their insurance instead of the rest of us that made better choices. Currently, it's the healthy people that made better choices that are covering the costs for everybody else.

I have good insurance through my employer but I have to pay for my wife and kid. They're an additional $1,600 per month and they barely ever use it.
Did you get inside my head, take my thoughts and call them your own?

As Americans we have certain rights, but not as many as many (dare I say most? Probably not) think. Who the hell gave someone the right to run their health down the toilet, then be entitled to compensation (whether it be subsidized healthcare or some other social benefit) for improving the quality of life hindered by the self induced ailments.

I'm not complaining about people born with true diabetes or ailments like lupus, bouts with stuff like non self contributed cancers, or people who slipped on the ice. Those who caused their ailments is hurting us in several ways. Don't forget how much money goes into researching remedies for these ailments instead of research for cancers or aids...

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question implies both the vaccinated and unvaccinated require hospitalization they both are in need of medical attention The greater possibility of saving a life is more likely to occur with the vaccinated person the decision to allow that person a bed is more about saving a life and not about how comfortable one may or may not be. The vaccinated person chose to protect his or her self based not on politics but medical science, the unvaccinated persons tend to not be vaccinated due to politics.
In my opinion... doctors take a hypocritic oath to treat people. Not to treat people who agree with them and not those that don't. Not to treat people who believe the same things as them and not those that don't.
Let me just say this, I work with a lady who has medical exemption because her body almost killed itself when she got the flu vaccine. It started as an adverse reaction and got worse every year until it became very obvious it was the Flu Vaccine. She started have auto immune issues that continue to this day. My boss got Gillian Barre from Covid and his doctors have recommended he not get vaccines until recently. I also have a subordinate that has had severe reactions to the vaccine with severe flare ups of Vasculitis as the most common symptom. I know someone who has had covid three times since before the vaccine was available, after receiving the vaccine and after receiving the first booster. Non of those people, or any one I know, vaccinated or unvaccinated, have made the decisions based not on politics but on science and concern for there own health. They are choosing to protect themselves as best they can.
If the hospitals are overcrowded to the point where triage has to be done to save lives then it should be done based on who is most likely to be able to be saved. As determined by many factors, not solely on vaccination status.
If they are only going to the hospital to be comfortable while they die, the hospital should discharge them to a Hospice. If they are going there because they have no one to help them and they will live with care and die without care, they should not be turned away due to vaccination status, if there is room.
If hospitals can refuse treatment based on vaccination status, why can paramedics not choose who to give Narcan based on current junkie status? Is not putting a needle in your arm more of a decision to not save yourself than not getting a vaccine?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you get inside my head, take my thoughts and call them your own?

As Americans we have certain rights, but not as many as many (dare I say most? Probably not) think. Who the hell gave someone the right to run their health down the toilet, then be entitled to compensation (whether it be subsidized healthcare or some other social benefit) for improving the quality of life hindered by the self induced ailments.

I'm not complaining about people born with true diabetes or ailments like lupus, bouts with stuff like non self contributed cancers, or people who slipped on the ice. Those who caused their ailments is hurting us in several ways. Don't forget how much money goes into researching remedies for these ailments instead of research for cancers or aids...
Agree being born into to something or something occurring by complete accident is one thing. Self-induced injurious behaviors are another. I like Bourbon, I drink Bourbon I know it's bad for my liver and I fully understand my ass won't be on the liver transfer list not should it be.