• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Henry Ellenson the real deal

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid is fantastic. It's amazing how complete a game he has already this early in his college career. There is very little he can't do. He shoots well, has good post moves, runs the court incredibly well for a player his size and he rebounds and plays good defense. I hope he stays more than one year. He's as talented a player as I've seen for Marquette since Dwayne Wade. Luke Fischer playing some good ball too. If we can just get some good guard play look out for my Golden Eagles.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummed his brother Wally wasn't treated well at Minnesota. I was really hoping he would follow in his brother's footsteps to the Gophs.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid is fantastic. It's amazing how complete a game he has already this early in his college career. There is very little he can't do. He shoots well, has good post moves, runs the court incredibly well for a player his size and he rebounds and plays good defense. I hope he stays more than one year. He's as talented a player as I've seen for Marquette since Dwayne Wade. Luke Fischer playing some good ball too. If we can just get some good guard play look out for my Golden Eagles.

I wouldnt say he shoots well yet, hes capable but doesnt do it well. But the capability makes teams have to watch for it opening up more. If he stayed on the block more wed be better.

Get good guard play? I think the guards have been mostly extremely encouraging. Need to keep limiting the TO's. Carter is going to learn on the fly with some wisco type games but boy is he finally a real PG. Cheatam is a fucking stud. Ill leave that there. Duane has bought into his role. JJJ and Cohen too.

Love the pieces still a year away from being real good. Sadly Henry will not be here. We would be a top 10 team easy.

He should stay to refine his game...but he is not passing up a top 8 lottery selection.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem with Ellenson is he's a one and done. I'd love to see him stay for one more year, but as a lottery pick, it wouldn't make sense.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem with Ellenson is he's a one and done. I'd love to see him stay for one more year, but as a lottery pick, it wouldn't make sense.

Is he listed as a lottery pick? Watching him grow from Soph to Senior he always seemed like a Junior at soonest type of player. He isn't that the one and done type. IMO

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he listed as a lottery pick? Watching him grow from Soph to Senior he always seemed like a Junior at soonest type of player. He isn't that the one and done type. IMO
I see him listed as going around pick no. 5

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquette has four freshman that get quite a bit of playing time and I would sure like to see Ellenson stay but surely understand if he doesn't. I honestly think he would benefit greatly by staying another year but the money will be tempting. Right now Marquette will have everyone coming back, they're an extremely young team.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you watch him when he played at Rice Lake much?

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you watch him when he played at Rice Lake much?

I followed him since a good friend of mine would send me updates on when they would be in town for me to catch a game. But mostly highlights. Reason I say no to lottery is how he developed over a period into this good of a player. He wasn't one of those types that was like just flat out gifted, but took that time and learned to craft his skill. And I think he knows that. Does it seem he is in a rush to go to the NBA? A situation that it reminds me. Is a guy I went to HS with, Rick Rickert. McDs All American, stud for 5 years on varsity. Then left early to the draft from the Gophers. I think he could have learned alot more getting playing time in college.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am surprised by that. I haven't seen any Marquette games, but maybe he is dominating to the point that he is worth the pick.
just for the fun of it check out my post no.4 above and click on that link and watch the video. It's fun to watch. I agree with your take and hope he stays and develops his game.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him listed as going around pick no. 5

If you think you're a top five pick, no matter how well you do next year realistically you can only move up 2-3 places, but a sophomore slump could move you down several spots. If I'm him, I'm going. On the plus side, having a lottery pick has to help you in recruiting big men.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think you're a top five pick, no matter how well you do next year realistically you can only move up 2-3 places, but a sophomore slump could move you down several spots. If I'm him, I'm going. On the plus side, having a lottery pick has to help you in recruiting big men.

I didn't think of that, but maybe he benefits of not going early, not needing to be a big impact right away. I think just from what I read and watched on him, is he learned most of his game over time. A jump to NBA could land you in D-League or China. Which happened to Rickert (I think he is in Korea now).

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummed his brother Wally wasn't treated well at Minnesota. I was really hoping he would follow in his brother's footsteps to the Gophs.
Ellenson is good but his play hasn't improved Marquette's chances of being in the NCAA Tournament. He should have accepted Wisconsin's scholarship offer.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think of that, but maybe he benefits of not going early, not needing to be a big impact right away. I think just from what I read and watched on him, is he learned most of his game over time. A jump to NBA could land you in D-League or China. Which happened to Rickert (I think he is in Korea now).

Last year's #5 pick was estimated to sign a 4 year $17 million contract. This probably won't land you in the D-league. As I said, I'd love to see him stay, but I don't think he will. And I wouldn't blame him if he did.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry is long gone. He should stay and work on his game because he will be burried on a bench next year....but lottery money is tough to pass up.

Everyone else is back so with him we would be lethal adding Rowsey and Hauser. But now we have no PF.

I like our chances to get Howard here in April but the PF offers are more long shots. Need one bad. So many guards but Howard is a stud so hes fine to take.

Cheatam is the guy to focus on. He isn't 1 and done like henry and is a fucking baller. If he gets a mid range hes gonna be a superstar. Already probably gonna go down as our all time leading scorer.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry is long gone. He should stay and work on his game because he will be burried on a bench next year....but lottery money is tough to pass up.

Everyone else is back so with him we would be lethal adding Rowsey and Hauser. But now we have no PF.

I like our chances to get Howard here in April but the PF offers are more long shots. Need one bad. So many guards but Howard is a stud so hes fine to take.

Cheatam is the guy to focus on. He isn't 1 and done like henry and is a fucking baller. If he gets a mid range hes gonna be a superstar. Already probably gonna go down as our all time leading scorer.
Cheatam's game has really improved. He's starting to knock down some three pointers and some mid range shots. I love what I am seeing. JuJuan Johnson has seemed to really start coming around , he still turns the ball over too much but you can definitely see improvement. Fisher still seems to get in foul trouble quite a bit. Ellenson has to improve his defense and so does the entire team. I still can't believe how much trouble the Golden Eagles have with the press, it really pisses me off how they continue to dribble into a double team along the sideline and some of the other players stand around with their thumb up their ass. All year long Marquette has not pressed or really looked real sharp on defense. I see improvement but your right about a power forward, other than Ellenson there is no one. Traci Carter still turns the ball over way too much, he has a long way too go but this team is real young.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheatam's game has really improved. He's starting to knock down some three pointers and some mid range shots. I love what I am seeing. JuJuan Johnson has seemed to really start coming around , he still turns the ball over too much but you can definitely see improvement. Fisher still seems to get in foul trouble quite a bit. Ellenson has to improve his defense and so does the entire team. I still can't believe how much trouble the Golden Eagles have with the press, it really pisses me off how they continue to dribble into a double team along the sideline and some of the other players stand around with their thumb up their ass. All year long Marquette has not pressed or really looked real sharp on defense. I see improvement but your right about a power forward, other than Ellenson there is no one. Traci Carter still turns the ball over way too much, he has a long way too go but this team is real young.

Agreed with all of this except for Cheatam making mid range shots and JJJ turning it over.

Haanif is actually one of those weird players where hes either 3 point shot or layup everytime. He doesn't even take pull up jumpers.

And JJJ is probably our best guy at taking care of ball. Even if he does join the dumb TO party.