• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Help Cutting 10 Players?

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 Teams
Roto Scoring
AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB, OPS, W, SO, SV, ERA, WHIP, QS

Starting Lineup
C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, 2 UT, SP, RP, RP, 4 P

C -
1B - A Rizzo, F Freeman, T Joseph, C Bellinger
2B - N Walker, J Harrison, H Perez
3B - A Rendon, T Frazier, A Bregman, Y Moncada
SS - F Lindor, O Arcia
LF - S Marte, N Mazara, E Inciarte
CF - A Eaton, V Robles
RF - B Harper, G Stanton, M Kepler

SP - C Kershaw, A Bradley, M Pineda, C Archer, J Taillon, T Glasnow, J DeGrom, J De Leon, S Strasburg, M Harvey, V Velasquez

RP - L Severino, E Diaz, K Jansen, C Kimbrel, T Thornburg, D Bundy, H Rondon, A Ottavino

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arcia has never played SS in the bigs.

Id cut Hernan Perez. His power last year was a fluke. Or he's juicing.
Josh Harrison gets the axe too.
Inciarte joins the group of no power.

Thornburg

Other than that idk.

Prolly Pinieda

Id trade Harper or Stanton for starting pitching.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume this is daily lineup changes... you have WAY too many RP for a weekly....

But even then, with a max of starting 6 RP at any time i would not own more than 6 RP... so that is an easy 2 to drop... Probably Thornburg and Ottavino...

Bellinger, Harrison, inciarte and Perez are easy drops as well

that is 6...

so for the next 4...

I would go Severino, De Leon, Robles AND I guess Joseph(was trying to keep him-but couldn't)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume this is daily lineup changes... you have WAY too many RP for a weekly....

But even then, with a max of starting 6 RP at any time i would not own more than 6 RP... so that is an easy 2 to drop... Probably Thornburg and Ottavino...

Bellinger, Harrison, inciarte and Perez are easy drops as well

that is 6...

so for the next 4...

I would go Severino, De Leon, Robles AND I guess Joseph(was trying to keep him-but couldn't)
Is Severino going to be in the rotation? Or is he a reliever now?

In daily leagues I love a SP that's RP eligible. Also love a RP that's SP eligible.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He came up last year and played in 55 games and had 53 starts are SS Smitty. Not sure I can get SP in this league without a huge overpayment. With no max number of games guys don't really move them.

Yup daily lineups. Question marks on Bundy and Severino's long term landing spots rotation vs pen. It was rather obvious that Severino was much better when he was in the pen last year. You would give up on De Leon already and don't think Robles talent it worth waiting for? I always love my prospect stashes lol.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He came up last year and played in 55 games and had 53 starts are SS Smitty. Not sure I can get SP in this league without a huge overpayment. With no max number of games guys don't really move them.

Yup daily lineups. Question marks on Bundy and Severino's long term landing spots rotation vs pen. It was rather obvious that Severino was much better when he was in the pen last year. You would give up on De Leon already and don't think Robles talent it worth waiting for? I always love my prospect stashes lol.
Relievers that you can plug in the rotation are possibly the best way to "massage" scoring in a daily league.

Finding relievers for this role is one of the things I actually miss about playing daily.

Are you talking Oswaldo Arcia? Or am I spacing on some kid?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its not about giving up on De leon... He is clearly a top prospect... But 2 things are clear... you have a great team for now and rookie pitchers don't pitch 200 innings until at least year 3...

If you want to talk value, i am sure he is still more valuable than some players i recommended to keep... so if you want to make trades, then keep him and drop someone else... but holding him now is not helping... at least positional prospects make a bigger splash when they come up...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relievers that you can plug in the rotation are possibly the best way to "massage" scoring in a daily league.

Finding relievers for this role is one of the things I actually miss about playing daily.

Are you talking Oswaldo Arcia? Or am I spacing on some kid?

I do agree, but with that rotation and only ONE SP spot, i don't think it matters.... he has so many good SP, that i highly doubt that NONE will start on a particular day, and even if that happens, i think it is OK to have a rest day at least once!!!

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Smitty he's a 22 year old SS with the Brewers not the OF from the D Backs.

True Milk on days that I have tons of SP options I would bench a less than ideal RP match up for that day. Some days having all RP's going and some days having mostly SP's going. Last year I finished in 3rd place. I didn't have the number of SP's to keep up with the top two teams. So I struggled in QS and Wins and did well in everything else. The top two teams both had almost 100 more QS and 60 more wins than my team did.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Smitty he's a 22 year old SS with the Brewers not the OF from the D Backs.

True Milk on days that I have tons of SP options I would bench a less than ideal RP match up for that day. Some days having all RP's going and some days having mostly SP's going. Last year I finished in 3rd place. I didn't have the number of SP's to keep up with the top two teams. So I struggled in QS and Wins and did well in everything else. The top two teams both had almost 100 more QS and 60 more wins than my team did.

Don't forget these are just your keepers... you still have a whole draft to be had... so any depth that you drop, you can and should pick it back up...

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joseph, Bellinger, Perez, Arcia, Inciarte, Thornburg, Ottavino and Rondon are all guys i'm okay with dropping. Having a hard time finding those last two guys. I could always dangle De Leon in a 2/1 trade for a more reliable major league SP. Some team rebuilding and offer up De Leon and Robles for a #2 type of SP?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joseph, Bellinger, Perez, Arcia, Inciarte, Thornburg, Ottavino and Rondon are all guys i'm okay with dropping. Having a hard time finding those last two guys. I could always dangle De Leon in a 2/1 trade for a more reliable major league SP. Some team rebuilding and offer up De Leon and Robles for a #2 type of SP?

Right, i would certainly drop De Leon, in a NO TRADE league... But once trading comes into play, you could easily get more for him than most of your keepers...

Isn't Arcia still a top 10 prospect??

I would probably have no problem Dropping Pineda, and Taillon and severino... Again, remember, you can add the depth back during the draft.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can trade now Milk. We just have a very small window. As the commish is asking for our keepers as we speak. Looking over the prospect lists Arcia graduated with his cup of coffee in the bigs last season. I could stomach dropping Pineda but have a hard time choosing between Robles or Severino as I have a soft spot for Severino. But if he's ultimately going to be a middle man with no chance of closing I should be able to get him back fairly easily. I'm sure if I cut Robles he would be a top 5 pick.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can trade now Milk. We just have a very small window. As the commish is asking for our keepers as we speak. Looking over the prospect lists Arcia graduated with his cup of coffee in the bigs last season. I could stomach dropping Pineda but have a hard time choosing between Robles or Severino as I have a soft spot for Severino. But if he's ultimately going to be a middle man with no chance of closing I should be able to get him back fairly easily. I'm sure if I cut Robles he would be a top 5 pick.

If you can trade, then i would certainly try to get a Catcher or 2... you have so much depth... try to improve on some of your starters...

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of taking on Cueto for De Leon/+? Maybe giving him one of my cuts like Joseph? He said De Leon would have to be in the deal. Tried going 4/1 for his best SP Sale but he's a Sox fan so he's untouchable.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of taking on Cueto for De Leon/+? Maybe giving him one of my cuts like Joseph? He said De Leon would have to be in the deal. Tried going 4/1 for his best SP Sale but he's a Sox fan so he's untouchable.

I like it... Cueto is a pretty good SP2... Don't expect De Leon to be anything until until year 3... and you are too good now to wait 2 more years for a potential STUD>>>

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 Teams
Roto Scoring
AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB, OPS, W, SO, SV, ERA, WHIP, QS

Starting Lineup
C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, 2 UT, SP, RP, RP, 4 P

C -
1B - A Rizzo, F Freeman, T Joseph, C Bellinger
2B - N Walker, J Harrison, H Perez
3B - A Rendon, T Frazier, A Bregman, Y Moncada
SS - F Lindor, O Arcia
LF - S Marte, N Mazara, E Inciarte
CF - A Eaton, V Robles
RF - B Harper, G Stanton, M Kepler

SP - C Kershaw, A Bradley, M Pineda, C Archer, J Taillon, T Glasnow, J DeGrom, J De Leon, S Strasburg, M Harvey, V Velasquez

RP - L Severino, E Diaz, K Jansen, C Kimbrel, T Thornburg, D Bundy, H Rondon, A Ottavino

Bellinger
Walker, Harrison, Perez
Inciarte
Robles
Kepler
Bradley
Severino, Ottavino

I'd want to keep Joseph, and find it easy to do so.
2B can be drafted, I wouldn't lose sleep over losing Walker...and Moncada is close enough anyway.
The three OF are easy drops, imo. I know Kepler is somewhat highly regarded, so I won't debate if you disagree.
Bradley is way too hit or miss, imo. No need to drop Joseph and Arcia to keep this guy.
Severino can probably be easily drafted (like you mentioned) if you like him that much.
Ottavino is a "closer" on the Rockies.

As to your Cueto question... absolutely I would do that. You said he's a CWS fan? Can you dangle Frazier too? Maybe a De Leon, Frazier, someone...for...Cueto and a good hitter? (maybe even a 2B?)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bellinger
Walker, Harrison, Perez
Inciarte
Robles
Kepler
Bradley
Severino, Ottavino

I'd want to keep Joseph, and find it easy to do so.
2B can be drafted, I wouldn't lose sleep over losing Walker...and Moncada is close enough anyway.
The three OF are easy drops, imo. I know Kepler is somewhat highly regarded, so I won't debate if you disagree.
Bradley is way too hit or miss, imo. No need to drop Joseph and Arcia to keep this guy.
Severino can probably be easily drafted (like you mentioned) if you like him that much.
Ottavino is a "closer" on the Rockies.

As to your Cueto question... absolutely I would do that. You said he's a CWS fan? Can you dangle Frazier too? Maybe a De Leon, Frazier, someone...for...Cueto and a good hitter? (maybe even a 2B?)

I like your 10 better than the one I sent... But I would change a couple things...

I would keep Robles and drop Thornburg

Would love to keep kepler, but with Harper and Stanton ahead of him, it is not like you plan on using him full time any time soon... and couldn't find a 10th to drop... it really came down to either Kepler or Tommy joseph... and I think that is a coin toss... Kepler I think has the higher ceiling, but right now Joseph has the higher floor... and I don't really care about the 3 years from now when you are so good NOW... things change too much to care...