• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hello Again

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s been a while and there have been some changes in my life. The one thing that hasn’t changed is my love of the Kings.
Looking forward to a new season and talking to you guys.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, welcome back. Looks like a game thread to me.

#LAKings
showing:

Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
Kovalchuk-Carter-Kempe
Pearson-Amadio-Toffoli
Wagner-Anderson-Dolan-Lewis

Forbort-Doughty
Muzzin-Martinez
Phaneuf-Fantenberg

Quick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back from the game. Same ole Kings. Honestly hard to watch. I was excited because the Kings were going to ice their projected starting lineup for opening night. So they come out and Ducks outshoot Kings 8-0 and 12-1. Kings get a PP and the Ducks score on it shorthanded. No movement and the whole game was in our end. Same ole PP we've seen for years. It feels like football where maybe we could decline it (Obviously kidding, but man...).

Only preseason, but I've been watching this movie for awhile now. Someone must know more than me/we because I don't see it with Stevens.

Can hopefully only go up from here. Positive was Carter looked fast again. Rest of the team did not.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the game on TV, yikes that was ugly. Defintely have a lot of clean up to do in 4 days because if that is the product, they are screwed.

There's a few spots up for grabs with Brodzinki and now Brown both out indefinitely, correct me if I am wrong but I count 10 forwards and the Kings wanted to open with 13F/7D/2G, which pretty much means both Anderson-Dolan and Wagner will start with the Kings on Opening Night. Wagner's speed is unbelievable.

I expect both those guys on Friday so while Etem had a good PTO stint during camp, I can't see the Kings signing him. Maybe have him around like they did Laich last year and then signed him when Carter went down. That' a bummer too, he has some decent NHL experience but not older like the rest of the roster and a solid preseason but both those guys are faster than him not to mention cheaper than he would probably come. I'd have to look at the Reserve List anyway to see if the Kings are near/at the 50, which would tell us immediately if Etem is an option.

They made some more cuts today so the roster has pretty much shaped up.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back Howdy!

Frankly, I don’t know what will happen this year but the second he came available I was hoping they would sign Trotz and let Stevens go.

One year too late. I'm not sure Trotz would be the answer either although I think he is a good coach.

Stevens has paid his dues in LA and earned the right to be the head coach of this team. However, I don't think he will be given too long of a leash because there is too much history there tying him to Sutter, the era that the Kings are trying to move on from.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, I don’t know what will happen this year but the second he came available I was hoping they would sign Trotz and let Stevens go.

I would have been open to this for sure. I don't really know the answer, but you watch the Kings and it feels like they're the only team that can take a guy like Kempe and send him down a path where he doesn't score for 30+ games. Then he gets the summer off, where he goes and lights it up internationally. Then he comes back and he's a nonfactor again.

Not looking at anything else, and just watching every game, the team feels like it plays "Not to lose" instead of attacking. There's this ultimate focus on structure and slowing the other team down, then clearing it out in time to make those all-important line changes. Over and over and over. It's like the team just tries to get through the first period.

As for the PP, I really don't have any answers. I'd throw is all out and start over. I'd put Doughty on the half wall on the side opposite Kopitar. I would say Doughty can't bring the puck in anymore. Kovalchuk brings it up with Carter. Brown at the new seems to work (before the broken finger). I mean literally I would put Quick on the half wall at this point before I let that "#1 Power Play Unit" play another PP the way it is right now.