• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heading to Morgantown on Thursday

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the third year in a row, I bought season tickets for the family. With two kids now at WVU... that means just me and the better half... since we be empty nesters now... and I buy my father's ticket and MAC contribution.

I'm psyched to see this team... can't wait to see the game from my new section at MPS!

This is going to be a special year.

Even though it is a game against Youngstown St... even though YSU lost last week to Butler... I am pumped. I want to get as much joy out of this season as I possibly can.

There's a buzz...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only did YSU lose to Butler, they did so as 37 point favorites... Ouch.

I'll be at the game with my family, in the cheap seats. I'm just happy that we're going to make a game this year.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only did YSU lose to Butler, they did so as 37 point favorites... Ouch.

I'll be at the game with my family, in the cheap seats. I'm just happy that we're going to make a game this year.

Same here, goin with family and hoping to see, in person, WVU's first Heisman trophy winner ( should we all break out the Heisman props yet in the stands meaning signs, crazy hats ect.? :laugh: yea its too early but WTH, why not have fun with it) AND/OR hopefully first Big12 championship team, as well as my favorite team all time, that '88 team... Yea its "just Youngstown" but they WERE supposed to be real good this year for their level, maybe they got caught lookin ahead?? Hey who could blame em?
Either way, Im very much lookin forward to it! Hope yall have safe travels:suds:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel very fortunate to be in a position to buy season tickets and spend so much quality time with my family in Morgantown.

Now that two of my kids go to school at WVU, my trec to WV is that much sweeter for me.

I love sharing these experiences with my family. We bleed old gold and blue. Just like the rest of you.

My love for WV... my love for WVU... is why my kids are Mountaineers today. Not too many kids from Syracuse, NY end up attending WVU.

I make a 7 1/2 hr trip to Morgantown... 7 1/2 hr trip back home. I gotta feeling... I’m gonna make a bunch of trips home feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.

Hope y’all enjoy your time at the game. Ain’t nothing wrong with being in the nose bleeds. It’s all about sharing the moment of being a WVU fan. Being in the stadium doing our thing.

And, finishing off the experience singing Country Roads.

We’re fucking lucky people... all of us. We’re blessed...

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel very fortunate to be in a position to buy season tickets and spend so much quality time with my family in Morgantown.

Now that two of my kids go to school at WVU, my trec to WV is that much sweeter for me.

I love sharing these experiences with my family. We bleed old gold and blue. Just like the rest of you.

My love for WV... my love for WVU... is why my kids are Mountaineers today. Not too many kids from Syracuse, NY end up attending WVU.

I make a 7 1/2 hr trip to Morgantown... 7 1/2 hr trip back home. I gotta feeling... I’m gonna make a bunch of trips home feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.

Hope y’all enjoy your time at the game. Ain’t nothing wrong with being in the nose bleeds. It’s all about sharing the moment of being a WVU fan. Being in the stadium doing our thing.

And, finishing off the experience singing Country Roads.

We’re fucking lucky people... all of us. We’re blessed...

Are you originally from WV and moved up to Western NY?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hope to see the Mountaineers run the table and, dare I say it, make the playoff this season.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Night games are always fun.

bow good job in getting your kids to WVU, sure makes it easier to get the wife to make the trek.

My trek is much shorter. No season tics but will troll stubhub Saturday.

Who is wants to host the SportsHoopla tailgate? Looks like a big crowd of 4. For us old men, a six pack should be sufficient.

Grier odds foe Heisman 5-1

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you originally from WV and moved up to Western NY?

Yeah... I grew up in Morgantown. My family has lived in Morgantown for over 200 years.

I moved to Syracuse, NY when I left the Army. This part of the state is actually referred to as Central NY.

My parents still live in the same house I grew up in, and my sister and her family still live in town.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Night games are always fun.

bow good job in getting your kids to WVU, sure makes it easier to get the wife to make the trek.

My trek is much shorter. No season tics but will troll stubhub Saturday.

Who is wants to host the SportsHoopla tailgate? Looks like a big crowd of 4. For us old men, a six pack should be sufficient.

Grier odds foe Heisman 5-1

I don't have a parking pass. But, I will gladly buy a whole bunch of beer and hang with anyone outside the stadium.

Looks like rain is in the forecast for Saturday night. 100% chance of rain. That's a lot... right?

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time we tailgated, we did so at the Coliseum. Of course, I got so drunk that I can't recall how we got to the stadium. I know we took a shuttle back. I think it was only a couple of bucks per person.

100% chance of rain? As humid as it's been it may be a 100% chance of dew...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like rain, bout 80%chance. Temp 70degress as a high...:bullshit:

It’s currently 92 in southern WV (Im in Huntington today)...:eek:

Aka “the deep south”

Just one more reason we need to get a retractable roof on MPS ASAP, or, with the underground technology that we have today maybe we can have the first underground field/facility...:laugh:

Somebody start the fundraiser, Ill donate some.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the third year in a row, I bought season tickets for the family. With two kids now at WVU... that means just me and the better half... since we be empty nesters now... and I buy my father's ticket and MAC contribution.

I'm psyched to see this team... can't wait to see the game from my new section at MPS!

This is going to be a special year.

Even though it is a game against Youngstown St... even though YSU lost last week to Butler... I am pumped. I want to get as much joy out of this season as I possibly can.

There's a buzz...

Wonder how the conversation will go in the car all the way from the Cuse??:lol:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder how the conversation will go in the car all the way from the Cuse??:lol:

Haha...

The better half ain’t a good traveler. Lot’s of pain for the other half...

That just makes the beer taste that much better though... some frosty fish bowls helped ease the pain last night!!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha...

The better half ain’t a good traveler. Lot’s of pain for the other half...

That just makes the beer taste that much better though... some frosty fish bowls helped ease the pain last night!!

How does she like the rain.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does she like the rain.

She’s a trooper. The entire family... well... not my 80 yr old Dad... but, the whole rest of us... stayed until the very end. My kids came over from the student section before halftime to watch the 2nd half of the game with us. We was all singing Country Roads together before saying goodbye to MPS for now.

I loved hearing my son say to me as we walked to my parents’ house, “Dad... you taught me right. We are true diehard fans who stay til the end. I’ll never leave a game with my friends... I’ll always stay til the end.”

Proud Dad moment right there...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell ya what, lotta sh*t talked about those students through the years myself included and for good reason at times for their lack of enthusiasm as far as getting to the games but that game last night, in those conditions..

Those kids won me over, what a solid/good crowd in that mess and IMO we all fed off of them as far as energy and that was tough in that monsoon.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We stayed til the end as well. We sat right beside the YSU band and the dozen fans they had.