• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Head Coach

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think a good Coach could win with this Team right now ?I dowith one that is very good at taking advantage of what this team did well that produced wins .

I think we need this with our next Coach . IMO this team is not as bad as everyone is stating .

I love our OL and DL. Yes they are not perfect all the same I don't see problems

Our Coaches never stuck with the Run when we was never slowed down by KC that should of been a W.

I still have hope that these Coaches will find a groove but we are not going to get many more chances to see this shit show . My guess next week we will see 2 of this staff fired .

Reffs with eyes could of helped out IMO but that mess last week and IMO this week will seal this staffs fate.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think great choices at HC and DC and OC would improve things big time. I do think our roster issues are in major spots which adds to the struggles right now. We need to correct our attitude regain a swagger. Team has played hard in some games. On offense it starts with play of Keenum he doesn't spark the offense he looks scared holds onto the ball too long.

Great thread Crash

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With any new hire, what might be considered a stumbling block is the fact that whoever comes in, they will have to deal with Elway -- and in looking around the league at some of the better HCs - McVey, Payton, Belichick for example - with a good coach like those, Elway would have to allow them a good amount of control, esp with staff and the coordinators ..

I would think that having some history and a previous relationship w/ Elway would be something that would give any new candidate an advantage ..

The team gave it all against KC and the game preparation was pretty good, but that game last week vs the Jets is the type of straw that breaks the camel's back ... I think Vance is gone in the next few weeks and Musgrave will get a shot to show something in the second half of the season -- Musgrave fits all the criteria for an Elway hire, so we may as well see what he's got ...

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless it's one of Elway's close hires ie Musgrave, Kubiak or Cooter - I would think the first thing a new staff would look at would be the three most important spots on offense : QB, WR1 and LT

IMHO, the jury is still out on Bolles although I am not ecstatic .. Keenum and Thomas need to move on

Hypothetically, if that is the case, would Elway and his ego let a new coach come in and basically tell him that his hand picked prized FA QB and first round pick of 2017 need to be replaced ??

Is Elway man enough to swallow that pill, or, does he just find someone to follow orders ??

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox had say in his players in the draft .

Elway listens to the coaches from what I have seen .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think fox would be winning with this team .

I want stability of an older head coach .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Elway I would of hired Wade Phillips as head coach and I think we would be winning these last 2 years

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From an outside perspective, they could probably use some better coaches but they haven't had a quarterback for a while and that's the major issue

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless it's one of Elway's close hires ie Musgrave, Kubiak or Cooter - I would think the first thing a new staff would look at would be the three most important spots on offense : QB, WR1 and LT

IMHO, the jury is still out on Bolles although I am not ecstatic .. Keenum and Thomas need to move on

Hypothetically, if that is the case, would Elway and his ego let a new coach come in and basically tell him that his hand picked prized FA QB and first round pick of 2017 need to be replaced ??

Is Elway man enough to swallow that pill, or, does he just find someone to follow orders ??

I'd rather have Angelo as HC over Musgrave Kubes (heath) or anything from Detriot. As big of a Elway homer as I am anything short of a splash hire I'll wonder about him moving forward.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vance Joseph.......dead man walking at this point. The Denver Broncos need a long term solution at the quarterback position and that's easier said than done. The priorities for me are the right head coach and somehow, someway...get our QB. Some teams have been searching for THAT guy for decades.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox had say in his players in the draft .

Elway listens to the coaches from what I have seen .

The 2018 draft was an excellent one, and I think over time, not one or two, but most of those players will end up being cogs in an eventually great team ...

I also think Kubiak - and maybe Vance - had a say in this draft ... Hopefully Yiadom pans out because having had him at the Senior Bowl, I think Vance had a say in drafting him as high as we did ..

Thank god we signed Lindsay ... We use a 2nd on Montee Ball, a 1st on Lynch, a 2nd on Latimer and a 3rd on Hillman - and we get Lindsay as a UFA ..... I'm just glad we have him, but we sure have had a lot misses on offensive players .. what was Oz ?? a 2nd or 3rd ?? ... uggghh

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is better than their record, but more importantly there better than what they show. Are they a SB team? Not with Case. They do need a new coaching staff. This staff has lost the team

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will find out in the next 9 days how the players feel about the coaches. If they continue to play hard it says a lot. I think one of the biggest problems with this team is when things start going bad they get undisciplined, and try to do too much to turn it around. When you try to do more then your job it usually ends poorly.

If this team gets blown out at home and at Arizona next Thursday I don't think Vance makes it to KC. If we win both games then the mood will be way different. I feel this team is off by just a little and need to find a way to get over the hump. If they can they can get over the hump they can have a very good season, if they don't they will slide back down the hump with a top 5 draft pick again in 2019.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will find out in the next 9 days how the players feel about the coaches. If they continue to play hard it says a lot. I think one of the biggest problems with this team is when things start going bad they get undisciplined, and try to do too much to turn it around. When you try to do more then your job it usually ends poorly.

If this team gets blown out at home and at Arizona next Thursday I don't think Vance makes it to KC. If we win both games then the mood will be way different. I feel this team is off by just a little and need to find a way to get over the hump. If they can they can get over the hump they can have a very good season, if they don't they will slide back down the hump with a top 5 draft pick again in 2019.
Heard there was players only meeting recently. Maybe that will inspire something. If Denver loses say next 3 games and Case plays poorly, bench him, see what you got in Kelly so you know priority in draft. Delay needs to seek advice from somewhere other than Bronco organization if that's the case because good chance their picking top 5 again

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard there was players only meeting recently. Maybe that will inspire something. If Denver loses say next 3 games and Case plays poorly, bench him, see what you got in Kelly so you know priority in draft. Delay needs to seek advice from somewhere other than Bronco organization if that's the case because good chance their picking top 5 again

If the Broncos lose the next three games, I completely agree that there's no reason to wait with Swag. Put him in. Of course, he'll be working with new interim head coach Billy Moose.

I would also like to see the Broncos shore up that putrid defense. Too much personnel talent out there to be performing this poorly.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos lose the next three games, I completely agree that there's no reason to wait with Swag. Put him in. Of course, he'll be working with new interim head coach Billy Moose.

I would also like to see the Broncos shore up that putrid defense. Too much personnel talent out there to be performing this poorly.
Not sure I agree theirs to much talent on D. Roby is showing he's not a shut down guy lately, are safeties are showing their not on page and our " Lbs " have serious issues especially in coverage. Not to mention they gave up 2+ hundred yards to a Jet offense that has rookie Qb . Sad state right now.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I agree theirs to much talent on D. Roby is showing he's not a shut down guy lately, are safeties are showing their not on page and our " Lbs " have serious issues especially in coverage. Not to mention they gave up 2+ hundred yards to a Jet offense that has rookie Qb . Sad state right now.

Well, I can't disagree with much of that.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I can't disagree with much of that.

The D is loaded . At the worst Roby is world class 3rd DB .

No excuse that happened LAST WEEK !

This D would be playing better with a decent DC !

I still think woods should be kept as a DB coach.

Our head coach wanted Wade Phillip's gone and when you want the best gone you damn well better keep that standard or become better . This Coach was suppose to keep this D solid . It has become sad .

Teams have figured out this staff and pick there bones weekly .

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Browns fired Hue Jackson ESPN put out a list of potential candidates to replace him. I thought since this may be something that happens in Denver I would post the list here.

• Mike McCarthy. This assumes the Packers move on from McCarthy at season's end, which is far from a certainty. But if it happens, expect a front office packed with former Packers executives to put McCarthy at the top of their list.

• Lincoln Riley. The Oklahoma head coach is on the radar of a lot of NFL teams if he decides he wants to try the NFL. He has been mentioned several times as a potential Jason Garrett replacement in Dallas if they decide to make a change. The Mayfield connection makes him an obvious target for the Browns if he's available.

• Matt Campbell. He's the head coach at Iowa State and is said to be well regarded by Browns GM John Dorsey.

• Eric Bieniemy. Succeeded Matt Nagy as Chiefs offensive coordinator this year. May be too inexperienced at this point, but teams really like to hire Andy Reid guys.

• Jim Harbaugh. NFL people still think the Michigan coach will want another crack at the pros. He'll be a hot candidate in several places when/if that happens.

• Urban Meyer. Hey, he's big in Ohio.

• Brian Flores. Well-regarded Patriots defensive coach who got some attention on last year's interview circuit. He'd have to come with a strong offensive coordinator and a plan for Mayfield, but those who know him rave about his leadership qualities.

• John DeFilippo. Jumped from Eagles QBs coach to Vikings offensive coordinator following Philly's Super Bowl title. He's a former Browns offensive coordinator who's from Youngstown.

• Dan Campbell. He was once the Dolphins' interim head coach and remains an intriguing head-coaching prospect for teams. Currently on Sean Payton's staff with the Saints, who may be in the midst of a special season.

• Zac Taylor. He's the Rams' quarterbacks coach and, like Bieniemy, may still be too green for an assignment like this. But a lot of teams are going to want to try to get a piece of what Sean McVay's doing out there in L.A.

• Dave Toub. The Chiefs' special teams coach always seems to be on these lists, and NFL people believe he'll get a shot eventually. Could it come under former Chiefs GM Dorsey?

• George Edwards. The Vikings' defensive coordinator is another guy who gets attention every year but no job offers. His time will come.

• Teryl Austin. Bengals defensive coordinator. Ditto what we said for Edwards.
Here is a link to the article:
Why Hue Jackson had to go, and 13 options to coach Baker next

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to get to wrapped up into who I hope we hire. I must admit I want an O minded HC this time. Thanks for the list though. Question John Elway and Jim Harbaugh don't see that duo at all not unless JE steps back on control.