• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HBCU Coaches Frustrated With Draft

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches frustrated after no HBCU players selected in 2021 NFL draft

So HBCU coaches are angry that no kids from HBCU schools got5 drafted... So let's take a look at this. How many black kids got drafted that is question one, seeing as they want to make this about race how many black athletes got drafted. You also have to realize they probably went to HBCU because they were not good enough to get scholarship offers to major colleges. Trust us the Bama's and LSU, and OSU and Mich, and ND, OSU these schools have no issues giving black athletes scholarships. So what is this really about? It's about the HBCU finding a new soap box top stand on in an already volatile time.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The story kind of answers the question of why, noting that with the pandemic, there were fewer games, and scouts had fewer opportunities to see all these kids and travel to every pro day, etc.

Makes sense. I do think some of these kids will turn out to be players, just like we have always seen from the historically black colleges. But most won't and scouts had to make tough decisions in the pandemic. Going to the North Carolina A&T pro day was going to be a low priority.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The story kind of answers the question of why, noting that with the pandemic, there were fewer games, and scouts had fewer opportunities to see all these kids and travel to every pro day, etc.

Makes sense. I do think some of these kids will turn out to be players, just like we have always seen from the historically black colleges. But most won't and scouts had to make tough decisions in the pandemic. Going to the North Carolina A&T pro day was going to be a low priority.
That too could be part of the problem

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge fan of HBCU track, right now 2021 NCA&T one of the top teams in the nation.

When it comes to football it's always been the same with these schools, that "few" stud players but no depth of quality talent. The big guys are fat, the fast guys little, we don't find that big fast stud player anymore at those schools.

We all know that long long list....

Jerry Rice
Walter Payton
Willie Brown
Mel Blount

and on and on......

But even when those guys where at the school they weren;t surrounded by others similiar to them.

There were 30ish HBCUers on NFL rosters last season, that ain't bad.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty simple. HBCUs are all FCS schools. There were 5 FCS players drafted this year. DII and DII had close to that many players drafted combined.

Also doesn't help that HBCUs don't participate in the FCS playoffs and probably played waaaaay fewer games this year than almost any FBS school and most FCS schools for that matter.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you watch any HBCU game expect to see TONS of penalties, some white kickers, big belliied offensive linemen and terrible QB play. Yes a bevy of quick elusive guys but smallish.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck’em!

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking HBCU/NFL football

Bullet Bob Hayes STILL the fastest player in the history of football was out of Florida A&M. His 10.06 on a dirt track the superior time by a football player,

J.D.Smith a Niner RB (converted DB)was the first former HBCUer (NCA&T) to have a 1000 yard season.

Paul "Tank" Younger a 225 pound RB in the 50's and a Ram the first Gramnbling player in the NFL.

The Raiders first 1000 yard rusher was Clem Daneils (another converted DB) he was out of Prairie View,

Shannon Sharpe out of Savannah State, Michael Strahan Texas Southern, Walter Payton Jackson State, Jerry Rice Missisippi Valley State,

Ah, when I started this I'd forgotten just how many stud HBCUers have played pro football, far more than I want to list, TONS of them.

One of my favorites(Prairie View) and the first big, fast, physical WR was this guy.....

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew this was going to happen as soon as Anthony Hopkins won the Oscar...
I could tell you if the oscars were fixed or not.

What was Hopkins 100m time?