• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Hawks vs Rams: Week 14 Thread

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See why you should NEVER root for a team to win that is in your Division? I think a few of you learned a lesson. NEVER root for a team you are battling for first place in your OWN division.

If the Hawks win out, they win the Division had the 49ers lost earlier today they could go 2-2 in the final four ( as long as one of the wins was against the 49ers ) and they would have won the division.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our O line sucked. Our D line sucked. Our secondary sucked. KJ Wright sucked (which is pretty fucking rare). And the receivers sucked. The coaching really sucked. No adjustments. No way to find a way to put pressure on Goff. Leaving WR's wide open over and over and over. This game was terrible. TERRIBLE!

With all the pressure coming straight through our O line all god dam night why wouldn't the coaches call some play action, or some designed QB runs, or some boot legs, or just have Wilson roll out more?? The guy is awesome when he moves around but the coaches seemed pig headedly stubborn in their "stay in the pocket, and stick to the run" approach all night long.

Any of you that were hoping for a 9er win......how's that feel right now?
I’ll never understand rooting for a division rival to win regardless of the situation. Now week 17 means a lot more.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had HFA, 1st Seed, Every FUCKING THING has to THE FUCKING Link.....

And we pissed it all away

giphy.gif

Did you really think we could sustain it with the 26th ranked defense in the NFL?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not worthy... Literally had our arses handed to us tonight... We weren't even competitive... Our defense is horrible... Can't have our offense inept as well... If so, we'll see the same result from tonight.... RW was horrible tonight... We go as RW goes... It's literally on him for the rest of the season...

Another thought is stop going away from the run when it's working.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you really think we could sustain it with the 26th ranked defense in the NFL?

Maybe, maybe not but the defense had Goff looking dead in the 3rd quarter giving the offense chance after chance but Shotty and crew crapped all over themselves.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not worthy... Literally had our arses handed to us tonight... We weren't even competitive... Our defense is horrible... Can't have our offense inept as well... If so, we'll see the same result from tonight.... RW was horrible tonight... We go as RW goes... It's literally on him for the rest of the season...

RW was only "horrible" because his receivers can't catch balls that hit them in the middle of their hands or they forget they are running a route and don't look for a perfectly thrown ball in the endzone. And Ifedi and Fluker should be buying Wilson lunch all week long for the crap protection they gave him tonight. The team had a ton of flaws tonight but I didn't think Wilson was the problem at all.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our O line sucked. Our D line sucked. Our secondary sucked. KJ Wright sucked (which is pretty fucking rare). And the receivers sucked. The coaching really sucked. No adjustments. No way to find a way to put pressure on Goff. Leaving WR's wide open over and over and over. This game was terrible. TERRIBLE!

With all the pressure coming straight through our O line all god dam night why wouldn't the coaches call some play action, or some designed QB runs, or some boot legs, or just have Wilson roll out more?? The guy is awesome when he moves around but the coaches seemed pig headedly stubborn in their "stay in the pocket, and stick to the run" approach all night long.

Any of you that were hoping for a 9er win......how's that feel right now?

giphy.gif

Answer your question?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a handfull of times MetCalf was wide open for big gains and Wilson never saw him. Wilson was off today and i 100% believe the Coaches need to get Wilson into the game quicker with designed roll outs ( for passes ) more. This will help the Rush up to gut A LOT as it will slow the up field rush.

Also i believe after Penny went down this team just folded up the chairs. They sure looked like they quit to me out there. I am sorry guys but they quit in the first half. They had a 3rd down and 18 seconds at close to midfield and they just let the time run out. That showed me the coach had no faith that they could make a play.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it looked like nobody showed up to play, offense or defense. and ya, when penny went down it looked like the team was listless, which is fucking ridiculous since he only recently started to be a factor.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sounds like some of the young guys were getting all high and mighty and felt like they had this game in the bag before the game was even played. Good wake up call.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In view of the lack of output last night...

I hope this teaches Carroll that he shouldn't rely on the early head start he always seems to want to give the other teams. We saw this way too many times as it is, and SURPRISE, it doesn't always work...so he found out the hard way.

I seriously hope he takes this into consideration, especially if he wants to get back into contention for the division. We still have a grueling three games ahead of us, and San Francisco isn't going to want to wait.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete has a issue that when the team is playing well they get compliant and sit on leads early. This has a knock off on players and can make them start slow because they are so use to not going 100% 100% of the time. They don't think oh i am not going to play it just becomes ingrained because of the compliance during game moments. This team has NEVER had that "step on their throat and don't let them breath" attitude. Even when they had one of the greatest Defenses in NFL History.

Love Pete to death and he is one of the best coaches out there but man we need him to stay always in attack mode with the team as young as they are. Never ease up. Mistakes will be made but the players just get ingrained to play 100% for 100% of the time.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its no secret so we should call it what it is. McVay owns Pete, he just does. Now 2-4 against the Rams since McVay took over and pretty much all of those games were rough on the defense. There's no reason to harp on this too much as there would be a slim chance we see them again this year but something Pete has got to get figured out for the matchups next year.

Regardless for this year going forward its not the worst thing. They essentially had a game to kick and they just used it. Hopefully its a wakeup call to get a few things tightened up. Go win 2 ways youre supposed to and set yourself up for week 17

Last edited:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that its an excuse but playing an exhausting Monday night getting Tuesday off then flying to LA having 1 day to prepare did put as at a disadvantage

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on vacation for this one but did have the displeasure of watching it. I'm glad we picked up a big W yesterday (coupled with a SF L) to sort of wash it down and put it behind us. For whatever reason, the Rams just seem to be a lousy matchup for us in the spirit of "styles make fights" for my fellow boxing fans. Actually, the reason to me is pretty clear: Goff is ineffective if you can put some heat on him, but he'll make all sorts of throws if you don't.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are going nowhere with that defense and O-line.

One and done.

O-line has been ok, defense is the concern... BUT if they get healthy and get guy's back they can be good enough, not great but just good enough ... My biggest concern is the Norton right now, he's being way too conservative, would love to see us get more aggressive on D and take some chances... D needs to get healthy though before this San Fran match-up ... Can't be missing 5 guy's again..