• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawks keep 5 Running backs after the cuts? "cut list included"

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big shock to me is the RB situation. With Lynch, Michael, Turbin, Ware and Coleman they have 5 true RB and no proven FB. This shocks me because of the type of football Pete Carroll Says all the time that he wants to use. POWER FOOTBALL. Run first and run some more and now we do not have a blocking FB. Yes Ware and Coleman played some at fullback but neither were very good at lead or pass blocking. They both were better tailbacks than fullbacks.

Did Pete get to tricky here? Did this move make the team weaker in the protection area and power running area? I believe so but in Pete and JS we trust. Here is a list of the Cuts. Do NOT Merge this with the "CUT" Thread.

Waived
WR Phil Bates
DT Michael Brooks
DT Dewayne Cherrington
WR Arceto Clark
TE Darren Fells
DB Winston Guy
WR Chris Harper
TE Cooper Helfet
DT Jaye Howard
G Rishaw Johnson
TE Sean McGrath
DB Ron Parker
LB Ty Powell
G Ryan Seymour
DB DeShawn Shead
DT Sealver Siliga
G Jared Smith
WR Bryan Walters

Terminated Veteran Contract
DT Clinton McDonald
FB Michael Robinson
QB Brady Quinn
CB Antoine Winfield

Hawks also made a trade so someone else on the team will be cut soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, anything I can say (or anyone here, for that matter) is coming from purely the fan perspective and I think that is amplified by the fact that this FO has proven it knows what it's doing from a personnel standpoint. Basically, my opinion is just based on gut reaction as opposed to what the coaches see, so I'll trust their choices until they prove otherwise.

That said, yeah, I would have rather kept Mike Rob and let one of the other backs go. Maybe money had something to do with it, but with the expectations of this season, I wish money wasn't a factor. I want a Super Bowl Trophy and money can't buy that. I think Mike Rob gives us a better chance of winning one this year than Coleman does.

We'll just have to see though. I hope it all works out and I have faith it will. Maybe Pete and John see something with one of these young backs that makes them think they have the next Mike Rob who's younger and cheaper.