• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Hawks at Panthers

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas was a stud don't get me wrong. Sherman and Chancellor were very good as well.. but EVERYONE seems to forget the front 4 pressure generation with Avril, Clemons (yep he was still there), Bennett, Mebane (yep he was still there), and Wagner being an up and coming hall of famer made the secondary life ridiculously simple. Then you through Irvin in the mix rushing off the edge? Most offenses never stood a chance. The Pats did fuck all until we lost 2/4 DLs in the SBOWL.
Yeah, that entire unit was good. When I say LOB, I mean the entire defense, not just the secondary.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns fans irate with that news about Kitchens so that'll be another season lost for them. Quinn goes back to DC for a few years and builds up a solid D and I agree he'll get a second chance getting a HC gig.

I think the Browns should try and hire Mike Mccarthy, an offensive minded coach with all those weapons they have on offense would be solid I think.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This weekend couldn't have worked out a whole lot better with us winning and both 49ers & Rams losing. Of course this game wasn't without anxious moments there toward the end after we seemed to have it totally in the bag at 30-10, but hardly anything comes easy these days. The team was 60% great, 20% terrible, 20% good enough yesterday. Some things that stuck out:
  • Lockett back in the groove. He clearly hasn't been 100%, so it was great to see him back as the focus in our passing game. One slightly errant bomb by RW kept his numbers from being near career highs.
  • I thought up until those last 2 TD drives allowed, the D held up ok considering it was missing Clowney, Kendricks, Griffin, Ansah, and then in-game Diggs & Bobby. That's a lot of experience and talent there to be missing and still have a firm grip on things for most of the game. Getting all those turnovers was good to see.
  • Have we closed the book on Prosise? He was saved from a fumble with light contact when he tripped and fell, and I don't think he got back on the field after that. I'm guessing Homer gets a shot at the backup spot vs AZ.
  • I think we got hosed when TL made that 1st down at 2:12 left when the refs didn't re-start the clock after we declined the penalty. It then should have run down to the 2 min warning, and with no TOs left for CAR, we should have then been able to go to victory formation. I'm glad it ended up not mattering.
I guess now we have to see how bad the injuries are to Bobby & Diggs. Also need to be big Colts fans tonight. If the Saints win out, they are the 1 seed UNLESS both us & GB also finish 13-3, then it's us. So in an odd twist, we sorta need to root for the Packers from here on out if the Saints keep winning. But if we win the final 2, we are at worst the 2 seed. I can dig it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more: I really hate the current XP. I wish a TD was just 7 points unless you want to go for 2 to make it 8, but then you risk a point and only get 6 if you fail. Making kickers a more critical part of the game is ridiculous.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw on espn only 2 team in nfl history to win 10 games with each win being under 7 points different. Damn the close game could come back to bite us one of these day.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that entire unit was good. When I say LOB, I mean the entire defense, not just the secondary.

You know what i always thought was funny? How Sherman embraced the LOB like way more than the rest of the team and he was the least of the LOB. Great CB but very little boom to his game. I also took the LOB as for the whole defense even though it was at first aimed at the Backend. I always thought it fit for the WHOLE defense. Now Sherman might be offended but i don't care, he was the weakest boom of the bunch all the rest hit like trucks he was more like a compact car. lol

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what i always thought was funny? How Sherman embraced the LOB like way more than the rest of the team and he was the least of the LOB. Great CB but very little boom to his game. I also took the LOB as for the whole defense even though it was at first aimed at the Backend. I always thought it fit for the WHOLE defense. Now Sherman might be offended but i don't care, he was the weakest boom of the bunch all the rest hit like trucks he was more like a compact car. lol
Lol. Well. Sherm was always the king of talk. Guys like Kam let their play do the talking.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Well. Sherm was always the king of talk. Guys like Kam let their play do the talking.
Sherm backed it up quite well though. And despite what may have been recently said about him by a certain poster in here, he was a physical player in Seattle. No CB is going to hit like Kam or even ET, but Sherm absolutely held his own in that regard.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherm could lay the smack down with hits also, he's not Kam or Earl, but he's had his share of big hits, he's a surprisingly good tackler, not just a good cover guy ....

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherm could lay the smack down with hits also, he's not Kam or Earl, but he's had his share of big hits, he's a surprisingly good tackler, not just a good cover guy ....

Sherm was an excellent tackler for sure... He was especially great against the run... He wasn't necessarily a hard thumper, he was just a very good fundamental tackler... He was also very good in coverage during his prime, which is why teams rarely threw to his side of the field...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll: 'I love close games' - NFL.com

I knew it, thats why we cant win by double digts.

Meanwhile, Hawk fans while watching their games...

giphy.gif