• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Hawks at Panthers

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see only parts of the game. Score was about what I expected. I was seeing posts prior to the games mentioning injuries on defense and it was going to be a rough game for the defense. Which apparently it was. So a little surprise at the complaints about the defense today.
12-3 thus far. Sounds like a good season to me.

I think you mean 11-3, and yes I agree that is a great season so far. It already far exceeds where I thought this team would be right now. That being said, our defense does need a lot of work and I do agree with others on here that we are entirely predictable. We are in the bottom 5 of the NFL in defense so there is definitely room to get better.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you mean 11-3, and yes I agree that is a great season so far. It already far exceeds where I thought this team would be right now. That being said, our defense does need a lot of work and I do agree with others on here that we are entirely predictable. We are in the bottom 5 of the NFL in defense so there is definitely room to get better.

oh yeah room for improvement for sure. However the roster has limitations talent wise and injuries really make it tough. Been a good year for the Seahawks, heck of a job patching together a roster that had needs. I’m pretty happy with the season.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see only parts of the game. Score was about what I expected. I was seeing posts prior to the games mentioning injuries on defense and it was going to be a rough game for the defense. Which apparently it was. So a little surprise at the complaints about the defense today.
12-3 thus far. Sounds like a good season to me.

Defense was fine till the last 7 minutes of the 4th Quarter. Pete went into his typical prevent and it was just the typical result from a prevent Defense. Then people blame a DC for something out of his control. No Team goes into prevent with out the Head coach calling for it. Hawks gave up 159 yards on the last 2 Panthers drives all in prevent giving up 14 points. Typical out come against prevent defense in the NFL.

Back in the 90's i remember a color commentator during a game say all prevent does is prevent you from winning. It's been that since prevent defense became a thing. Should be outlawed lol.

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's not that the defense gave up 24 to a shitty team, it's that they gave up 14 of it in the 4th quarter and took a game (once again) that was well in hand and let the other team back in it.

Once a year you can live with. This is a pattern.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
255 yards and 10 points for 53 minutes. 159 yards 14 points for the last 7, Defense played extremely well with the people missing out there ( 5 starters and a 6th when bobby went down )

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's not that the defense gave up 24 to a shitty team, it's that they gave up 14 of it in the 4th quarter and took a game (once again) that was well in hand and let the other team back in it.

Once a year you can live with. This is a pattern.

Yes it is a pattern it's a proven pattern and has been proven for decades in the NFL ... That pattern is Prevent defense NEVER WORKS! Also lets not forget, Wagner did not play at all after he got hurt. that was those last drives. I don't care WHO you are or what you think. When you take the best Middle linebacker in the NFL off the field and play bull shit prevent defense you are going to fail. Had the offense got a first down on their 2nd to last drive things might have been very different also. Hate how this team gets so soft on leads.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Kris Richard figured out how to defend the Rams.

Ken Norton had no clue.

you really want Kris Richard back? LMAO no thank you! I say go get Dan Quinn after he gets fired this offseason. He earned it for his beating of the 49ers. Pete to Dan " Hey thanks a lot Dan, want to help turn my defense into a top flight unit after you are fired?"

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Norton's coaching was completely fucked up.

Anyhow, Dan Quinn and Ron Rivera could be a huge upgrade at DC.

I'm for Dan Quinn coming back. I'd like Rivera for DC but I think he'll be getting a HC gig in a few months.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kris Richards never adjusted when he was here and that is one of the main reasons he is NO LONGER here.
I agree with that. But I think people over rate Quinn too. The LOB in it's prime never really had to adjust or have any elaborate schemes. They simply dominated because of their vastly superior talent.
I think Pete tends to forget that this group isn't even close to that talent level which is why we need a better DC out there.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that. But I think people over rate Quinn too. The LOB in it's prime never really had to adjust or have any elaborate schemes. They simply dominated because of their vastly superior talent.
I think Pete tends to forget that this group isn't even close to that talent level which is why we need a better DC out there.

Thomas was a stud don't get me wrong. Sherman and Chancellor were very good as well.. but EVERYONE seems to forget the front 4 pressure generation with Avril, Clemons (yep he was still there), Bennett, Mebane (yep he was still there), and Wagner being an up and coming hall of famer made the secondary life ridiculously simple. Then you threw Irvin in the mix rushing off the edge? Most offenses never stood a chance. The Pats did fuck all until we lost 2/4 DLs in the SBOWL.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm for Dan Quinn coming back. I'd like Rivera for DC but I think he'll be getting a HC gig in a few months.
I think Quinn will get another HC gig too. I think the Falcons issues go a lot deeper than him and I also think there may be a lot of vacancies out there although it appears the Browns are keeping Kitchens.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Quinn will get another HC gig too. I think the Falcons issues go a lot deeper than him and I also think there may be a lot of vacancies out there although it appears the Browns are keeping Kitchens.

Browns fans irate with that news about Kitchens so that'll be another season lost for them. Quinn goes back to DC for a few years and builds up a solid D and I agree he'll get a second chance getting a HC gig.