• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Hawks at Panthers

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the W but not happy with how

Yah, 30-10 with 7 minutes in the game left, and you let the opposing team right back in it. I really want Norton out of here. Our defense is one of the worst in the league. We had 3 (almost 4) interceptions compared to one today (which was a bonehead stupid play) and Panthers still had a chance to win. And had they gotten the ball? I think they would've marched down the field and been in position.

Norton has shown ZERO ability to be a competent D coord. I get there's multiple injuries, but why in the world of fuck are you allowing sideline throws with < 5 minutes in the game up by 2-3 scores? Absolutely pathetic.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the looks of it this defense has no leadership besides bobby wagner that McCaffrey TD would not have happend with Wagner on the field. It seems like after Wagner went down the defense got soft and someone on the coaching staff played to have the ball in front of them and they literally just passed it to McCaffrey the whole way down the field

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the looks of it this defense has no leadership besides bobby wagner that McCaffrey TD would not have happend with Wagner on the field. It seems like after Wagner went down the defense got soft and someone on the coaching staff played to have the ball in front of them and they literally just passed it to McCaffrey the whole way down the field

Pretty sure it was Moore, but yah. Seattle went FULL prevent, and allowed 10+ yard sideline passes. The absolute LAST thing you want to do. Norton needs to be fired ASAP once the season is over (firing him now would do nothing).

Whatever, on the Rams/Cowboys and Vikings/Chargers. Hopefully one of those douche teams lose so we're in the playoffs (by douche teams I mean their fanbase).

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But honestly those last two Carolina TDs were a nominally I think the 30-10 score was a more realistic version of the game on the field and lets not forget a quarter of our defense has back ups starting today

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, 30-10 with 7 minutes in the game left, and you let the opposing team right back in it. I really want Norton out of here. Our defense is one of the worst in the league. We had 3 (almost 4) interceptions compared to one today (which was a bonehead stupid play) and Panthers still had a chance to win. And had they gotten the ball? I think they would've marched down the field and been in position.

Norton has shown ZERO ability to be a competent D coord. I get there's multiple injuries, but why in the world of fuck are you allowing sideline throws with < 5 minutes in the game up by 2-3 scores? Absolutely pathetic.

I agree with everything you said Sharky.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ready to dump norton amd his bullshit defense.

to be fair, the defense played ok with the people missing and i do not blame him WHAT SO EVER for the prevent preventing nothing. EVERY time in the NFL does it and it's a staple of failure. Thats on the Head coach saying "prevent prevent prevent".

Pete should outlaw prevent Defense and his "oh we got a 10 point lead lets go ultra conservative now."

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed .... He’s got our D at 26th in the league right now, and even though we’re beat up, I give him a break there, but over and over our guys just seem out of position, wide open receivers time and time again.... He just goes into a zone and leaves us there, even if we’re getting chewed up like a dog toy ....

Its going into a zone whether they get a good pass rush or not. Usually they don't get a good pass rush, and the QB picks the zone apart.

Is it just me or does Seattle hardly blitz at all?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But honestly those last two Carolina TDs were a nominally I think the 30-10 score was a more realistic version of the game on the field and lets not forget a quarter of our defense has back ups starting today

Backups are no excuse.

You are up 30 - FUCKING 10.

GO FOR THE FUCKING KILL. NOT GO INTO DIPSHIT PREVENT MODE.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random though but does anyone feel that LJ Collier is a bust? I know he got the start today but I havent seen anything from him all year. He might have to put more weight on and play the interior next year but he looked like a non factor the entire game

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair, the defense played ok with the people missing and i do not blame him WHAT SO EVER for the prevent preventing nothing. EVERY time in the NFL does it and it's a staple of failure. Thats on the Head coach saying "prevent prevent prevent.

Defense played fine until halfway through the 4th quarter when the strategy/scheme was changed entirely. Is that on the head coach? Not necessarily. A lot of times the head coach will let the D coord run the game/scheme unless there's a major disagreement at which point the HC can overrule the D coord and take over. Sadly Pete never had a chance to do that because Norton let Carolina march right down the field twice in 4 fuckin' minutes.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random though but does anyone feel that LJ Collier is a bust? I know he got the start today but I havent seen anything from him all year. He might have to put more weight on and play the interior next year but he looked like a non factor the entire game

He was drafted IMO to be a Bennett clone (not great against the pass - although Bennett was pretty damn good, but GREAT against the run) and he's done NOTHING on the field to show me that. But D-LINE is a VERY technical and difficult position to play effectively, especially in the NFL. Plus Collier missed TC/preseason if I recall - so I'll give him another year before I call him a bust. As I say with EVERY player (even QBs... like Mayfraud), let's see what they do in year 2 before we label em' anything.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was drafted IMO to be a Bennett clone (not great against the pass - although Bennett was pretty damn good, but GREAT against the run) and he's done NOTHING on the field to show me that. But D-LINE is a VERY technical and difficult position to play effectively, especially in the NFL. Plus Collier missed TC/preseason if I recall - so I'll give him another year before I call him a bust. As I say with EVERY player (even QBs... like Mayfraud), let's see what they do in year 2 before we label em' anything.

True, Barton looks like a solid KJ Wright replacement down the line after a few years other than getting stiffed armed and embarressed he was playing pretty well

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going into a zone whether they get a good pass rush or not. Usually they don't get a good pass rush, and the QB picks the zone apart.

Is it just me or does Seattle hardly blitz at all?

We hardly blitz at all, and Norton was saying at the start of the year he was gonna send more heat, he’s gone back to his conservative zone ways.... Like you said zone can be really effective when you have a good pass rush, but right now we’re down players and we’re getting no pressure, if you’re ever gonna blitz now is the time, especially against a QB that doesn’t handle pressure well... I don’t know what Norton is thinking, it’s his deal... But those 2 possession when Carolina scored on consecutive drives, our D shoulda rolled out a red carpet to the end zone.. Norton just refuses to adjust, made it as easy as pie for Carolina ...

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We hardly blitz at all, and Norton was saying at the start of the year he was gonna send more heat, he’s gone back to his conservative zone ways.... Like you said zone can be really effective when you have a good pass rush, but right now we’re down players and we’re getting no pressure, if you’re ever gonna blitz now is the time, especially against a QB that doesn’t handle pressure well... I don’t know what Norton is thinking, it’s his deal... But those 2 possession when Carolina scored on consecutive drives, our D shoulda rolled out a red carpet to the end zone.. Norton just refuses to adjust, made it as easy as pie for Carolina ...

Agreed. Norton's coaching was completely fucked up.

Anyhow, Dan Quinn and Ron Rivera could be a huge upgrade at DC.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He’s been a non factor, maybe he’ll learn and develop, so don’t want to write him off as a bust just yet...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didnt even realize he played at all.

Ya hes a bust, a 1st round pick should have an impact. Period. We waste 1sts on depth guys repeatedly

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense played fine until halfway through the 4th quarter when the strategy/scheme was changed entirely. Is that on the head coach? Not necessarily. A lot of times the head coach will let the D coord run the game/scheme unless there's a major disagreement at which point the HC can overrule the D coord and take over. Sadly Pete never had a chance to do that because Norton let Carolina march right down the field twice in 4 fuckin' minutes.

you do know that Pete has a defense he wants to play right? He brings in DC's here and they play Pete's defense not their defense. Pete has more input and say in the Defense than he does on the offense but, he is heavily involved in the offensive and Defensive play calling.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you do know that Pete has a defense he wants to play right? He brings in DC's here and they play Pete's defense not their defense. Pete has more input and say in the Defense than he does on the offense but, he is heavily involved in the offensive and Defensive play calling.

Pete’s big on letting coordinators do there thing though, he’s big on letting individuals be who they are ... That’s part of his style...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see only parts of the game. Score was about what I expected. I was seeing posts prior to the games mentioning injuries on defense and it was going to be a rough game for the defense. Which apparently it was. So a little surprise at the complaints about the defense today.
12-3 thus far. Sounds like a good season to me.